Can zumba help me lose 15-20 pounds in a month?

im 5'1, weigh around 145-150. I know I'm fat, please don't point that out. how much of it would I have to do in a day? please give me some tips and... Show More

thanks everyone =)

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm not all that familiar with zumba but if it's getting you moving and gets your heart beat up then its a good start. However, you shouldn't be too dependent on one thing to lose weight. Cardio is great, but in order to see significant and sustainable results you need to approach your weight from multiple angles. Learning how to eat is a big one. Eating healthy won't necessarily help you lose weight and eating in a way that helps you lose weight isn't necessarily healthy. There are plenty of great sites that will help you find a balance. Livestrong seems to be a popular one and probably a great place to start. You're also going to want to work your muscles a little. You don't need to bulk up like a body builder but toning your muscles will do wonders for both your metabolism and your figure.

I'd also get out of the "can I do this in a month?" mindset. It doesn't do you any good to kill yourself trying to lose as much weight as possible as fast as possible then gain it back immediately. Actually, it's horrible for your metabolism. You have to come up with a sustainable balance that will keep working over time. That doesn't mean it's going to take forever to see results, it just means you can't pop in a DVD today and expect to be on the cover of a fitness magazine in a few weeks.

Good luck and have fun.