Can zumba help me lose 15-20 pounds in a month?

im 5'1, weigh around 145-150. I know I'm fat, please don't point that out. how much of it would I have to do in a day? please give me some tips and stuff :)

thanks everyone =)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm not all that familiar with zumba but if it's getting you moving and gets your heart beat up then its a good start. However, you shouldn't be too dependent on one thing to lose weight. Cardio is great, but in order to see significant and sustainable results you need to approach your weight from multiple angles. Learning how to eat is a big one. Eating healthy won't necessarily help you lose weight and eating in a way that helps you lose weight isn't necessarily healthy. There are plenty of great sites that will help you find a balance. Livestrong seems to be a popular one and probably a great place to start. You're also going to want to work your muscles a little. You don't need to bulk up like a body builder but toning your muscles will do wonders for both your metabolism and your figure.I'd also get out of the "can I do this in a month?" mindset. It doesn't do you any good to kill yourself trying to lose as much weight as possible as fast as possible then gain it back immediately. Actually, it's horrible for your metabolism. You have to come up with a sustainable balance that will keep working over time. That doesn't mean it's going to take forever to see results, it just means you can't pop in a DVD today and expect to be on the cover of a fitness magazine in a few weeks. Good luck and have fun.

What Guys Said 3

• no you can lose about 8-10 lbs because when you start a diet you lose 3-4 lbs the first week then 1-2 lbs the following weeksAnd this of course is with both diet and exercise just doing Zumba will do nothing

• 100% no.

• No. It's not possible to lose 20lbs of fat in a month. It's just not physically possible.You can lose glycogen and water, but that'll come back almost instantly anyway.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't think about tring to loose it all at one point instead think about loosing it all in three to four months, that will be much easier and much more gratifying.If you try to loose all that in such a short period of time not only will you feel horrible when you don't acomplish it you will also hurt your body.

• that is not a healthy amount to lose in a month. If you lose too much too fast your skin will not shrink and then you will be stuck with flabby skin that has to be surgically removed. That is why health professionals recommend 1-2 pounds a week and no more than 10 pounds a month.