Could your pee ever smell like the food you eat?

I know it's a very pleasant question, but that's what GAG is for ;)

What type of food/drink did your pee smell like?

The reason I'm asking this question is because I smell coffee in my urine. I'm not a fan of coffee but I have been drinking it excessively for a couple of days now. Nothing else affects my urine's odor; just coffee.

What's Your Opinion?

Anonymous posts are not allowed

0/2000 characters

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes, that can happen. If you drink too much caffeine then your kidneys will not fully filter waste liquids. As such you can have coffee smelling urine if you drink too much of it. Slow down on the caffeine. It is a diuretic and will make you urine more. Garlic and asparagus also change the oder of urine due to a compound called methyl mercaptan which also happens to be found in skunk secretions. Other than that, if you happen to be a diabetic you can get sweet/fruity smelling urine. Infections can change the smell of urine as well.

• Hahahaha :)

• Yeah, that's all the nitrogen in the urine... It makes for great fertilizer. =P

• Smells incredibly amazing, huh? =P

• Show Older

What Guys Said 13

• Certainly not an unpleasant Question...(:

• As an ardent Pee Lover, yes coffee screws up the smell of pee..oh well...que sera...but NOTHING is worse than asparagus! YUCK! Taster repellent...): I am told that not everyone has the genes to smell asparagus pee..but unfortunately..I am one of them...nothing better than smell of fresh female morning urine! OMG..drives me mad...just like cats & catnip...(:

• Only if the food (or other consumable) you have ingested is unpleasant.

On my part I find the unpleasant odour of my new antidepressants which are disgusting to swallow in the first place.

Oh I've tasted worse but these are less than delightful and am reminded of them on subsequent visits to the lavatory.

• F*** asparagus!

• Asparagus can get into the smell of your urine after eating it.

• Oh yeah, try not to eat 2 much of this before a date, or your whole body will smell like it after your first wizz!

• I heard that. So glad I don'tlike asparagus.

• I usually could smell it when I'm sick and my urine smells like the medicine I'm taking.

• That's what my initial posting was about except that my mediation is a constant. I take it every day if I remember.

• Yup, that too.

• By eating of asparagus

• A mans' diet affects the way his semen tastes. If he eats a lot of salt, it'll TASTE salty. If he eats a lot of sugar, it'll TASTE sweet but I don't think semen has a smell to it, does it?

If semen has a smell to it, then maybe urine does too

• Beer enhances anything...except chocolate

• Oh semen has a smell to it. Trust me. And both of course have a taste. IF my partner has not been eating anything disgusting (like the aforementioned asparagus) then her urine tastes just fine (yes I'm into golden showers thank you). But generally I'm not too keen on the taste of semen. I'm told that beer enhances the flavour but I've never experimented with that.

• lol

• Show Older
  • yea, I read about asparagus can make your pee smell. I don't know about coffee

• wtf lol I don't think so but I'm not sure lmao

• I eat healthy therefore my p*ss smells nutritious.

• I'm super duper serious.

• I didn't know nutrition was a smell. lol

• There's not that much more nutrition in it than water itself.

• yeaa the other day I made these bangin cupcakes like 20 min after I ate them I take a p*ss and my bathroom smelled like a bakery, I could even smell the jimmies

• hahahahh

• lmao. so much for air freshener!

• Only for certain foods, because your kidneys, don't filter everything. Pineapple, coffee and asparagus are a few. Asparagus has an natural diuretic, which your kidneys don't filter.

• Coffee! Yeah, it happens to me all the time when I drink coffee excessively. I thought it was abnormal.

• Well I guess my pee smells like tortilla chips since its basically salt. :-D

• =D

• It does lol.

• You guess? So, it doesn't smell like that...

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah, if you drink a lot of coffee you will definitely smell it in your urine.

• I don't pee. >:/

• D:

• Would much prefer the smell of your pee thank you...:)

• I do not! I simply release a small cloud that smells like sugar and flowers once a day.

• Show Older
  • It's quite gross but I smell onions, and I think that's the only thing that really effects my urine...bad times.

• LOL! Golden Showers...There is no need for all of that! Haven't had one of those for over 20 years!

I just simply love pee...but no...I am not asking..there is 4,000 miles between us..that would be real talent...not that I wouldn't enjoy it however

• Are you unsly-ly telling me you like a *ahem* goldenshower?

If you are, I ain't offering.

• yeah...but it's also SEXY as hell! (:

• Show Older
  • Like we say in our family, it's not a good day (or meal) unless we've talked about our bodily functions!

I guess we're all family on here! :D

• As long as it passes the taste test?

• lol

• yes its possible, your waste is what you eat, including poo too scarily. one time my cousin ate this tub of beet salad from whole foods and she said her poo turned red...it was gross to hear that lol

also when you eat vitamins, your pee turns extra yellow and has a distinct smell, its filtering out extra vitamins your body doesn't need.

• That's why when we're going to do a scat scene my wife makes sure she doesn't eat anything ahead of time that I'm allergic to.

• only medicine affects the odor ""in my case"" lol

• The only thing that ever affected it for me was taking Penicillin for an infection. It was horrible and it took forever for it to get out of my system.

• I will do my best :) lol

• Stay healthy Dear..we want that pee smelling Primo! (:

• Sally, have you recently suffered a concussion?

• idk..I kind of liked it! DebiPie tipped me off..(:

• I did! XD that's why I'm LOLing like crazy now!

Smarty pants! =D

• ROFL! Nah, I have a brain (small though it may be) :D

• Show Older
  • Asparagus and coffee do. But the weirdest thing is that after having beets, I notice my feces turns red. It scared the bejeebies out of me till I realized it was the beets lol.

• Nope lol :)

• Has that happened to you ? =)

• lol

• Asparagus gives a strong odor although I'm not sure why.

If I eat fatty/greasy foods, my urine smells strong. But for the most part since I'm healthy and drink plenty of water there is not odor

• Haha nah, nothing like that; just the odor. Thank you so much :)

• Mmmm, burning while urinating, pain in the kidney area(wherever that is lol), problems urinating..cause that would just be a sign of kidney or bladder problems.

But I wouldn't be concerned. Coffee is strong and after excessive drinking it's normal for it to appear out of your system somehow.

It's like with food, if you eat too much of it then it could appear in your...poop! For instance, too much iron intake can cause black stools, too many greens can cause a green appearance

• Other symptoms like what?

• Show Older
  • I don't think so.

• Superior Female here..always produces quality pee...(:

• lol...

I once drank pineapple soda for 4 days straight...for no reason...and my pee was almost orange...and it sort of smelled like it.

Anyway...recently I have been drinking only water...and I p*ss pure water..no odor anymore...

but as for food..if I ate a "fruit" like...um pineapple or orange...then...yeah...

as for something solid like cheese burger...i doubt.

my p*ss never smelt like cheese burger before.

• I give everone a plus already :) You're too awesome to bother :)

• um, oddly enough I have realized on each answer the unbelievable amounts of dislikes on completly ethical answers.

I think I will give everyone a plus...it seems like we may have downvote trolls.

• I guess it's normal then ha ha

Yeah, I'll stop drinking coffee.

• Show Older
  • OK,this is a weird question...

• Naw I was talking to the Louisiana Lass...cannot get her to admit that she would share her pee with her lover...)"

• Do I? You're the taster and I'm into "water sports"

• Yeah ..but you think pee is weird...O:O

• Show Older