Could your pee ever smell like the food you eat?

I know it's a very pleasant question, but that's what GAG is for ;)

What type of food/drink did your pee smell like?

The reason I'm asking this question is because I smell coffee in my urine. I'm not a fan of coffee but I have been drinking it excessively for a couple of days now. Nothing else affects my urine's odor; just coffee.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that can happen. If you drink too much caffeine then your kidneys will not fully filter waste liquids. As such you can have coffee smelling urine if you drink too much of it. Slow down on the caffeine. It is a diuretic and will make you urine more. Garlic and asparagus also change the oder of urine due to a compound called methyl mercaptan which also happens to be found in skunk secretions. Other than that, if you happen to be a diabetic you can get sweet/fruity smelling urine. Infections can change the smell of urine as well.

• Thanks! :)

• Yeah, that's all the nitrogen in the urine... It makes for great fertilizer. =P

• Hahahaha :)

What Guys Said 14

• Asparagus can get into the smell of your urine after eating it.

• I heard that. So glad I don'tlike asparagus.

• Oh yeah, try not to eat 2 much of this before a date, or your whole body will smell like it after your first wizz!

• I eat healthy therefore my p*ss smells nutritious.

• Only for certain foods, because your kidneys, don't filter everything. Pineapple, coffee and asparagus are a few. Asparagus has an natural diuretic, which your kidneys don't filter.

• Coffee! Yeah, it happens to me all the time when I drink coffee excessively. I thought it was abnormal.

• Only if the food (or other consumable) you have ingested is unpleasant.

On my part I find the unpleasant odour of my new antidepressants which are disgusting to swallow in the first place.

Oh I've tasted worse but these are less than delightful and am reminded of them on subsequent visits to the lavatory.

• wtf lol I don't think so but I'm not sure lmao

More from Guys
9

What Girls Said 13

• Asparagus and coffee do. But the weirdest thing is that after having beets, I notice my feces turns red. It scared the bejeebies out of me till I realized it was the beets lol.

• yes its possible, your waste is what you eat, including poo too scarily. one time my cousin ate this tub of beet salad from whole foods and she said her poo turned red...it was gross to hear that lol

also when you eat vitamins, your pee turns extra yellow and has a distinct smell, its filtering out extra vitamins your body doesn't need.

• That's why when we're going to do a scat scene my wife makes sure she doesn't eat anything ahead of time that I'm allergic to.

• The only thing that ever affected it for me was taking Penicillin for an infection. It was horrible and it took forever for it to get out of my system.

• Stay healthy Dear..we want that pee smelling Primo! (:

• I will do my best :) lol

• It's quite gross but I smell onions, and I think that's the only thing that really effects my urine...bad times.

• I would rather have "onion pee" than "no pee"...

• Are you unsly-ly telling me you like a *ahem* goldenshower?

If you are, I ain't offering.

• LOL! Golden Showers...There is no need for all of that! Haven't had one of those for over 20 years!

I just simply love pee...but no...I am not asking..there is 4,000 miles between us..that would be real talent...not that I wouldn't enjoy it however

• I don't pee. >:/

• O_O what do you do then?

• Would much prefer the smell of your pee thank you...:)

• D:

More from Girls
8