Do weight machines at the gym make my arms and shoulders broader? Or do they also help to get small?

If I want to get a smaller frame, shoulder and arms

What exercises should I be doing at the gym?

Are the weight machines good for shrinking my arms, shoulders and arms? Or do they just make me bigger? I know I can get smaller because I was smaller before, I just got big all of a sudden, well not all of a sudden, but it was too late when I noticed it. lol

Which machines should I be using? Or is Cardio best for this situation?

And I got big fat wise, not disgusting either, but just not muscle type of big. I just look too big to be a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• Weight machines don't make you fat.

High reps low weight is a different form of cardio, pretty much, It may or may not build muscle very slowly.

Low reps, high weight will tone your muscles the fastest, but they are unlikely to get very big unless you shoot testosterone. It is quite difficult and takes a lot of time and the right nutrition for men, who have many times your testosterone, to build muscle.

Fat loss is mainly about nutrition.

Studies have shown cardio + diet doesn't lose fat much more quickly for most people then diet alone, though they are more likely to keep it off.

Weight work (heavy) + diet is associated with the fastest weight loss. It may be that lifting heavy preserves muscles while dieting which helps keep metabolism from slowing.