Will I lose my hips, hip to waist ratio?

Ok so I'm on a plan to lose about 30 pounds and I'm actually pretty curvy , my waist is 14 inches smaller than my hips I have a 0.68 hip to waist ratio , will my waist stay 14 inches smaller as I lose the weight , or will the difference of hip to waist change.

I hear that hip size is mostly determined by bone structure which means you can't lose it , is that true ? because I wold like to have a smaller body overall but keep my waist a lot smaller than my hips

Most Helpful Guy

• While you *will* lose weight all over your body, you will likely lose more from your hips and thighs (and possibly breasts) than from your stomach/waist, because your hips/thighs are wear women generally carry their "storage weight". Men normally carry theirs on their stomach/torso.

Remember that humans are designed to gain weight during the warmer months, when food is plentiful, and build up fat, which is used during the colder months when food was traditionally more scarce. Yes, obviously, in 1st World countries, this problem has mostly gone away over the last 80 years or so, but it's still very much an issue in many parts of the world, and prior to 1900, it was how humans had always lived.

So, yes, your hip:waist ratio will go down somewhat. It shouldn't be a problem though; you have a significant difference now, and will still have a significant difference then, even if the ratio isn't maintained completely. That's just how your body is built.