Good workouts at the gym?

I'm really excited because I am getting a gym membership but I have no clue how to work out at a gym. I'm a high school girl and I play soccer but it's not soccer season so I need to stay in shape and I'd like to work my legs a lot, and also tone my stomach. The gym has everything and a pool so any workout ideas? thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Swimming is great for full body tone and cardio. As for weight training here are a few basics I always recommend for when because they hit the legs and butt nicely, which is a great area too work of for women. Do these exercises in order. Squats. These are dumbbell squats - link Shoot for 3 set's of 15 to 20 with weight that you can do comfortably. You don't need the small boxes she standing on you can do them on the flat ground. Form is important! Lunges - link Also with dumbbells 3 sets of 15 should be good. Take about a minute between these sets. For abbs link these work great for me! Shoot for 6 minutes straight. Not that long only about two songs on the Ipod. link Dragon flags ! These are great too. Shoot for 3 sets of 15 to 20. You will Also want too keep up with running because you play soccer. Always do your weight training before cardio. It's sort of a rule with me. You get less lifting power afterward so better to do weights first then do your cardio.I like to do these sprinting exercises for power and this will help you get explosive in soccer. Put the Tredmill on an incline of 3.5 and sprint (fastest speed you can manage) For .25 of a mile. Then lower the speed too a slow pace jog 30 seconds then sprint again for .25 miles slow jog for 30 seconds then one last sprint for .25 miles. Good luck!

• Thanks so much! I've done some of these at weight training during the season thanks for reminding me and great ideas!

What Guys Said 7

• To keep your legs in shape and your cardio, then the spinners will be ideal, obviously that will not be all you should be doing, so light weights as in squats and lunges and some core exercises would be enough to keep you fit, this link will give you a head start in essential exercises in the sports you do, good luck link

• I work at a gym, so is there no one to help you at a gym? If there is get one on one help. Legs: Do leg curls, leg press, leg extensionsCardio: Run, walk, burpees, bike.Glutes: Squat, lunges, stairs.Abs: Take an ab class if your gym offers those, abs have a lot of different things, use an iphone app or YouTube.

• id say save your money and just go for walks or jogs, plenty of fresh air and the sights stimulates the brain. you can do plenty of situps and crunches at home. but the fact that you have access to a pool is nice, you can do laps and work muscles you never thought you had with absolutely no stress to your joints

• A lot of gym's have a personal trainer set you up with a program as part of the initial membership fee. It sounds like a good aerobic program and maybe some leg and ab routines would suffice for you, but see a pro and tell them what your goals are...

• Elliptical Trainer

• Your best bet would be to see if they have spin classes, Zumba, yoga, Pilates, etc. There is usually a brochure up front you can ask for if they do offer these classes.95% of the females I see at the gym take these classes and use the cardio machines.

• Most gyms have personal trainers who can itemize you a workout routine, schedule and diet plan. Inquire about that and see if it's included!

What Girls Said 1

• try taking some of the classes they offer to get a understanding of what they have to offer