Face care routine? Would this be ideal to give me nice skin?

Posted a similiar question recenly, a lot of great answers. I have come up with a routine of my own, just need a LITTLE bit of help here.

I want clear face skin is this achieveable by:

1. Exfoliating once in a week (With sugar)

2. In the night, wash face

3. Cleanse with oatmeal

4: Moisturize with honey

Would this be ideal to give me nice skin? And how often should I do each? And should I use honey or something else?

Thanks a lot :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• ehmn ehmn I work in skincare :D

soooo those are all nice natural additions into your routine theyre more like treatments like honey and oatmeal if you want something soothing on the face

let me explain what your routine should be like:

1.) morning and night, cleanse face with a cleanser appropriate for your skin type - if you have acne prone skin, oily, combination or dry, cleansers come in either a gel formula or cream formula or foaming formula, gel is for sensitive, oily and combination skin types, cream/milk is for dry skin types, and foaming is a deep cleanser if you have thick, rough, oily, blackhead prone skin

2.) toner, takes off an additional residue your cleanser didn't take off, restores pH balance, works as an astringent, closes and cleans out your pores to prevent microbes from entering in

3.) eye cream - the skin around your eye is thinnest skin on the body, first signs of wrinkles and aging, you need to keep that area hydrated and prevent wrinkles, use one with vitamin c its the best

4.) (optional) serum- if you want a targeted treatment, lets say for hyperpigmentation, or wrinkles, or acne, you can use a serum 2 drops all over face and neck, there are various brands and ingredients to choose from depending on what kind of results you are looking for, you can even use natural ingredients with rose hip oil, evening primrose oil, grapeseed oil and lavendar for all over radiance and preserving your youth

5.) moisturizer- very important, use a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated all day, use something oil free non comeogenic, to not clog your pores

6.) (very important only for day time) sunblock/sunscreen- this goes on last and is your protective shield from the sun, the sun has horrible damaging uvb uva rays that is cooking your sun while you don't feel it. trust me once you turn 40 years old one day, you're gonna look back regret not using sunscreen. use spf 30 or higher.

exfoliation should be done once a week, sugar is okay but sometimes can be too abrasive for the skin, use something with micro particles that's more gentle

honey is not a moisturizer, its a nice mask treatment to calm your skin if it is irritated, but you can't use it on a daily basis, same goes for oatmeal

• thank you for BA :) glad I helped!

What Girls Said 18

• Use egg whites once a week as a mask. It helps regenerate collagen, leaving your skin soft and smooth.

• I suggest seasalt to scrub your face with, sugar isn't doing the health tric. But not regular salt, SEAsalt!

Wash your face certainly before you go to bed, moisturize (but use the right one for your type of skin, dry, combine, oily, ..). That should help I think.

• Wash your face in the morning too if you weren't planning to already. Do use oatmeal though. I've never used it before, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about using it as a cleanser, so it doesn't hurt to try it out :) Try a moisturizer from Aveeno instead of honey. I've tried honey before and I didn't like it, but I use one of the lotions from Aveeno and I love it. It really helps, and it doesn't make your face feels oily or look shiny afterwards

• Replace the sugar with seasalt.

I wouldn't moisturize with honey, but instead aloe vera gel. You can find it at CVS for like $3 or GNC or any health foods store. Make sure it doesn't contain any alcohol. Honey will leave you sticky.

Wash your face twice a day. Morning and night.

• I don't know about all that stuff. Sometimes you can irritate the skin by doing too much. And if you have acne over washing it can make it worse. Because your drying out the skin and closing your pores. Exfoliating once a week is good. Washing the face daily is a must. Using moisturizer daily is recommended. You can do the oatmeal and honey once or once or twice a month if you want. You know what's great for your skin; a steam facial. It opens your pores and release toxins as you sweat. Go on YouTube and look up DIY steam facial.

More from Girls
13

What Guys Said 0