Face care routine? Would this be ideal to give me nice skin?

Posted a similiar question recenly, a lot of great answers. I have come up with a routine of my own, just need a LITTLE bit of help here. I want clear face skin is this achieveable by:1. Exfoliating once in a week (With sugar)2. In the night, wash face3. Cleanse with oatmeal4: Moisturize with honeyWould this be ideal to give me nice skin? And how often should I do each? And should I use honey or something else?Thanks a lot :-)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• ehmn ehmn I work in skincare :D soooo those are all nice natural additions into your routine theyre more like treatments like honey and oatmeal if you want something soothing on the facelet me explain what your routine should be like:1.) morning and night, cleanse face with a cleanser appropriate for your skin type - if you have acne prone skin, oily, combination or dry, cleansers come in either a gel formula or cream formula or foaming formula, gel is for sensitive, oily and combination skin types, cream/milk is for dry skin types, and foaming is a deep cleanser if you have thick, rough, oily, blackhead prone skin2.) toner, takes off an additional residue your cleanser didn't take off, restores pH balance, works as an astringent, closes and cleans out your pores to prevent microbes from entering in3.) eye cream - the skin around your eye is thinnest skin on the body, first signs of wrinkles and aging, you need to keep that area hydrated and prevent wrinkles, use one with vitamin c its the best4.) (optional) serum- if you want a targeted treatment, lets say for hyperpigmentation, or wrinkles, or acne, you can use a serum 2 drops all over face and neck, there are various brands and ingredients to choose from depending on what kind of results you are looking for, you can even use natural ingredients with rose hip oil, evening primrose oil, grapeseed oil and lavendar for all over radiance and preserving your youth5.) moisturizer- very important, use a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated all day, use something oil free non comeogenic, to not clog your pores6.) (very important only for day time) sunblock/sunscreen- this goes on last and is your protective shield from the sun, the sun has horrible damaging uvb uva rays that is cooking your sun while you don't feel it. trust me once you turn 40 years old one day, you're gonna look back regret not using sunscreen. use spf 30 or higher. exfoliation should be done once a week, sugar is okay but sometimes can be too abrasive for the skin, use something with micro particles that's more gentle honey is not a moisturizer, its a nice mask treatment to calm your skin if it is irritated, but you can't use it on a daily basis, same goes for oatmeal

• thank you for BA :) glad I helped!

What Girls Said 17

• Using some cosmetic products that contains all natural and safe herbs...

• What's your skin type? Oily, dry, normal, combination, sensitive? Depending on your skin type, you may have to change your routine. If you have pimples or acne, use Proactiv or anything with Salicylic acid because it helps to get rid of the acne. Regardless of your skin, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FACE CLEAN AND WEAR A FACIAL MOISTURIZER! It helps to make your skin clear by keeping your face clean and moisturized.

• No, too much junk. You're over thinking this. Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice a day, like Cetaphil.Use a light moisturizer like Olay daily repair in the a.m. & p.m. A moisterize should be left on, You can't go round with honey on your face, dogs will eat you. Once a week, exfoliate with the cetaphil by putting a little baking soda in it & gently scrub your face & rince.There you go.

• Use egg whites once a week as a mask. It helps regenerate collagen, leaving your skin soft and smooth.

• It depends on your skin type... I've been trying to do the natural thing for awhile and it's hit or miss. Haven't tried oatmeal but exfoliating with sugar is fine. I love using honey on my face, very nice for acne marks. I put it on in the shower once or twice a week and rinse it off before I get out. Another user said something about African black soap, which I have heard is fantastic and personally would love to try it.

• Have you tried African Black Soap, its made from natural ingredients and is great for all skin types. It is a great all rounder for lots of skin issues like dark spots, acne, even wrinkles etc you can goggle it and buy it online just check the site is approved by the right bodies to make sure your buying natural, organic and authentic stuff. I bought some on Amazon for my daughter who has eczema and she loves it.

• yea that sounds nice, I would replace the sugar with salt because sugar will give you acne.

• Wash your face in the morning too if you weren't planning to already. Do use oatmeal though. I've never used it before, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about using it as a cleanser, so it doesn't hurt to try it out :) Try a moisturizer from Aveeno instead of honey. I've tried honey before and I didn't like it, but I use one of the lotions from Aveeno and I love it. It really helps, and it doesn't make your face feels oily or look shiny afterwards

• I use proactive, I love it for my skin but its not for everyone.

• I don't know about all that stuff. Sometimes you can irritate the skin by doing too much. And if you have acne over washing it can make it worse. Because your drying out the skin and closing your pores. Exfoliating once a week is good. Washing the face daily is a must. Using moisturizer daily is recommended. You can do the oatmeal and honey once or once or twice a month if you want. You know what's great for your skin; a steam facial. It opens your pores and release toxins as you sweat. Go on YouTube and look up DIY steam facial.

• Honey will make you skin a bit sticky, but if you use a combination of milk and honey as a final masque, the results should be baby soft skin. Everything else is perfect, and extremely well thought out.

• I love neutrogena stuff.moisturizing, exfoliating and cleansing once a week. washface every night. but you should also watch what you are eating. like avoid candies or chips or whatever.

• i really recommend loreal deep purifying gel for everyday facial wash.. the best by far from all that I have tried.

• Replace the sugar with seasalt.I wouldn't moisturize with honey, but instead aloe vera gel. You can find it at CVS for like $3 or GNC or any health foods store. Make sure it doesn't contain any alcohol. Honey will leave you sticky.Wash your face twice a day. Morning and night.

• Also fit in a clay mask at least one or twice a weekAnd don't forget sunscreen!

• To the exfoliating thing you shouldn´t just do it with sugar, add a little lemon a make a paste because you also need an abrasive. Do it in circular motion and lightly otherwise your skin can get really sensitive.You can wash your face in the morning and at night, in The Body Shop they sell this really good tea tree set that does wonders, or you can buy the neutrogena line, which you can find at Walgreen´s and its really good.Honey is a really good idea, you can also leave it for a while on your lips because it will leave them really soft and kissable.You can do this like once a week too.The cleansing also once a week.I

• I suggest seasalt to scrub your face with, sugar isn't doing the health tric. But not regular salt, SEAsalt! Wash your face certainly before you go to bed, moisturize (but use the right one for your type of skin, dry, combine, oily, ..). That should help I think.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!