• Ask
  • myTake

What makes your face break out?

Will it brake out if I just ate a king size reese's ( 4 ) but drank half a bottle of dasani water after it?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Eating junk food or greasy foods have NOTHING to do with acne. Don't let anyone tell you differently. What mainly causes acne are your pores being opened/enlarged which lets bacteria get in to them and grow. The red bumps are an irritation of this.BTW, drinking water and getting lots of Vitamin D will help you break out less. When you wash your face, rinse it with warm water, use your facial wash, rinse again with warm, pat your face dry (don't wipe or rub) then..what most people don't do or know...rinse your face off with cold water, then pat dry again. This is why. Warm water opens up your pores and the facial wash to get in to the pores and clean them out. You rinse the wash off with warm water so you don't close the pores up and trap the cleaner in there. Then after drying your face off, you use cold water because that closes your pores back up.Open/big pores = badSmaller/more closed up pores = goodTo further it more, wash your face and hair at night before you go to bed and use a clean pillow case every 3 days. The oil from your face and hair will rub off on the pillow case and you run your face over that all night. Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 2

• Greasy food, stress, lack of water, and touching your skin. Avoid those things and drink plenty of water. Also see a dermatologist.

• Incorrect.

• Umm, not I'm not. My aunts R.N. and she knows what she's talking about. If your gonna disagree then at least post a reason as to why or give some factual data.

• Chocolate does make my face break out, but obviously certain people are less or sensitive to it than others.

What Girls Said 7

• uh stress mostly. I'm kinda strange because I can eat a lot of chocolate, the good stuff and not break out. but I work out a lot and drink lots of water so it helps. for me, around exam time, I do break out a little but that's because of stress and pressure

• lol, that's not how acne works..its a whole systems of hormones and diet and vitamin intake, etc

• noi eat reeses all the time, I'm obsessed, and my face never bre'saks out. I mean ill get a pimple every now an then, but that's all mainly genetics and how well you take care of your skin.but I think if yout eat a lot of greasy fried foods that can contribute to a bad face too

• lol no

• Chocolate will not make you break out. The main causes of break out is : Family/Genetic history, Hormonal activity, such as menstrual cycles and pubertyInflammation, skin irritation or scratching of any sort will activate inflammation. Stress, Accumulation of dead skin cells that block or cover poresBacteria in the pores.As long as you wash your face, and don't touch it too much you should be able to reduce the amount of acne you get, but not prevent it. I wash my face twice a day, and try hard not to touch it too much, but I know when I have been resting my face in my hands because I get breakouts there. Stress also causes it a lot for me, and the hormonal changes (I know when I am going to get my period because my face breaks out).

• It depends. Everyone has different reactions to things. For example, my face breaks out when the weather changes drastically lol, but I don't think that is common. My face also breaks out when I eat a lot of crappy foods, and when I am stressed or not getting any sleep. But I have friends who can eat fast food everyday and worry about every little thing and they never break out at all. It just depends.Just make sure you wash your face really well with warm water and get good sleep. :)

• No, that won't make your face break out. Chocolate tastes great and is fun to eat! I reccomend exercise to help you lose your pimples. I have been working out for about 6 months and my skin looks fabulous. It was pretty bad beforehand too.