Why are some kids so bad?

Today I was at work and the mom left her kids with me in the waiting room. In 12 minutes they literally made a huge mess in the restroom, ran everywhere, knocked down the shelves, changed all the thermostates called me a poo face lol, were screaming and just so bad. Where I work it is an area for people to relax and they were just so bad I am sure the clients had a hard time relaxing. How could a kid be so bad? and should a parent leave their kid at home and not bring their kid to a supposed to be relaxed setting and have a stranger watch her kids who are so misbehaved? I never really grew around kids. I am curious, do you think this is the parenting style or just the kids temperment?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It's mostly upbringing. If parents ignore or don't punish their kids when they're misbehaving, they will think that behavior is acceptable or they will do it to get the attention their parents don't give them. It's disgusting to me. I'm not talking about spanking either, just taking away the things they like and holding them down. If they don't give a f*** about their kids, then they should just leave them at home. I'm fine with parents taking their kids everywhere, if they behave. But parents who take their kids everywhere and then let them loose? F***no!

What Guys Said 8

• Some children are just the spawn of Satan, most times it is down to the parents. Children will only do what they can get away with. I know what would happen to me if I'd have done that, the same if my mother or grandmother done that. If it was my offspring though I would take a different response.

A common problem in the UK is kids having kids and when you bring up the issue of their kid misbehaving to the parents they want to fight you ?!?!?!

• It's all from shit parenting.

From watching my friends have kids or just kids in general. It's lack of attention from their parents or being taught what's right and wrong or the proper level of discipline to respect ratio.

• Upbringing. I assume the parent was not horrified or even surprised by the damage their monsters created?

• Which means they act that way all the time with their mother's blessing. I have a problem with shameless people. Without that, there is no limit to how far down they can go.

• No she ignored it

• In a word, liberalism.

• I don't think political ideologies or beliefs have anything to do with bad parenting.

• Sounds like you're not really a liberal at all.

• Who says liberals frown on any kind of punishment? I am a liberal and if a kid is out of control, he should get a slap on his face to teach him not to misbehave again.

Good parenting is knowing when to give a child the carrot or the stick and teaching them about life has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal. When it comes to teachers though, you damn right I wouldn't want them to touch my kids, I don't plan to push all parenting responsibilities on to the teacher like most people do.

• Show Older
  • Some parents don't establish good morals into their children by allowing them to get away with doing wrong. A kids temperment is only a fraction of the problem usually.

• Poor parenting, a lot of people don't know how to discipline their children and often let their kids do what they want. My parents where strict when I was a kid, but now that I'm older they give me more freedom than most parents. The thing is that they know they can do it because I'm not going to abuse that privilege.

• No idea... I was a real bastard when I was a kid and my dad would beat my ass all the time. I was too stubborn to change until I wanted to on my own. I think some kids are just really stubborn. I wish I had an answer for this. In my case it was my temperament because my parents were super strict. I just didn't care to follow anybody's rules but my own.

• simple answer

I sound old now thinking about this but when I was raised kids were scared of their parents

but now parents are scared of their kids so they tend to go on a rampage and not get punished

then you add our media, my age grew up watching things that helped us have good morals, kids now grow up watching Justin Bieber and all the crap that doesn't provide good role models mix with the narcissism where everything has to be about them and showing off (twitter and Facebook) you get wild uncontrollable kids/teens.

• Population will stagnate since many people will not want kids because everything has to be about them. I will imagine more abuse cases, increased depression rates and moral decay.

It will be an interesting 30-40 years to come I am curious to see how kids will behave after seeing these kinds of parents.

• Curious to see how narcissistic the kids will end up

What Girls Said 8

• Because that's what their friends are like and they wanna try and fit in. It could be that the parents aren't raisin them right.

• i think it's mostly the environment they are raised in and what they are exposed. I was always well-behaved and quiet when in the presence of others but very chatty with my parents. I would throw tantrums but not in public.

• It's not the kids - it's the parents. I imagine that mom didn't bat an eye at this. Kids crave rules and discipline. However, in today's world, parents (especially younger parents - millennials who are close to my age) are afraid to say no to their kids. They're afraid of their kids lashing out when they don't get that cool new toy or clothes, so they buy the kids whatever they want. Beware, the future is going to be full of spoiled brats like those kids.

• Kids sometimes are deprived of needed attention or need more sensory stimulation that they aren't getting elsewhere

• Many things can cause this. My brothers and I were nightmares. Some of it was temperament of the oldest (pack-leader) but most of it was how life was. We didn't see much of our parents. On the one day they were home each week we stayed out of their way. The rest of the time there was a woman hired to clean and make us meals. She didn't want to see us unless it was meal time so we had complete liberation. Basically all the morals and discipline were passed down from older siblings. We were like a pack of wild animals with clear pecking orders.

As messed up as it was we all turned out to be very well adjusted, independent and unique adults. I asked my mother how she coped with so many kids and a business a few years ago and she says after 3 kids we raised each other.

• Because they never been spanked before.

• How a child acts reflects their parents' parenting skills.

• Not always

• Parents stopped using spanking as a form of punishment. Nothing wrong with a good smack on the butt with a wooden spoon. The kids don't respect adults. Why should they? The parents only yell now and the other kids only yell so what difference is there between the two now?

• Why should they? Because the parents are responsible for teaching the children the things in life, including what respect is and how to show it