Why are some kids so bad?

Today I was at work and the mom left her kids with me in the waiting room. In 12 minutes they literally made a huge mess in the restroom, ran everywhere, knocked down the shelves, changed all the thermostates called me a poo face lol, were screaming and just so bad. Where I work it is an area for people to relax and they were just so bad I am sure the clients had a hard time relaxing. How could a kid be so bad? and should a parent leave their kid at home and not bring their kid to a supposed to be relaxed setting and have a stranger watch her kids who are so misbehaved? I never really grew around kids. I am curious, do you think this is the parenting style or just the kids temperment?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's mostly upbringing. If parents ignore or don't punish their kids when they're misbehaving, they will think that behavior is acceptable or they will do it to get the attention their parents don't give them. It's disgusting to me. I'm not talking about spanking either, just taking away the things they like and holding them down. If they don't give a f*** about their kids, then they should just leave them at home. I'm fine with parents taking their kids everywhere, if they behave. But parents who take their kids everywhere and then let them loose? F***no!