Out of Ten What Would You Rate Me?

How to insult and degrade yourself massively.

Ask the internet to rate you out of ten.

Seriously. For everyone who thinks they're trying to lift themselves up in terms of confidence, you're only throwing yourself in a pit.

That and annoying the piss out of everyone.

Out of Ten What Would You Rate Me?

I mean come on. If you're comfortable with throwing your photo up on the internet that is full of judgmental arseholes with you looking 'oh so ugly' you can't be that insecure. If you aren't that insecure, then you probably don't think you look as bad as you claim you do, and if that's so, then you are just looking for attention. The world over knows how much people hate attention seekers. Especially other attention seekers because you're stealing their spot light.

I've asked people over the net if they thought I was pretty, my self-confidence was shot, I hated life, nobody ever seemed to give a shit about me and I thought the creepy thirty what year olds messaging fourteen year old me was okay and would help me. No. It didn't. I was looking for attention, I know that now, and that experience hurt me a hell of a lot more than it ever helped me.

I know this sounds like a contradiction. I claim to have put the photos up because I was self-conscious but say nobody else does because they're the same. Well, I was self-conscious. I wasn't at all confident in my looks, and thanks to way less comments on me being 'ugly' than most girls recieved, I thought I was (ugly that is). But I wasn't insecure enough to stop me sending photos of myself to these creeps.

When it comes down to it, I wasn't after the compliments they fed me just to keep me sending photos, I was after the attention. In my opinion, for a lot of the girls (and guys) posting these 'rate me' questions on here, that's what you guys are after as well. The attention, whether it's negative or positive.

But, it's not good for you. It's really not. Receiving positive comments constantly by looking for them is only going to de-value true compliments when you receive them legitly from people who actually give a damn and you will be worse off in the long run. Receive enough negativity on something about yourself, and you're likely to start thinking there's a reason they hate that part about you so much, and you will eventually start hating it too. Again, you will be much worse off in the long run.

Asking the internets opinion about something to do with your personality or your looks is sure to backfire in the long run.

Ask simple things if you must. If you think something's wrong with your body, like a lump that probably shouldn't be there, sure. You can ask about that. But don't ask if there's something wrong with you just because you're naturally over/under the average body weight for guys/girls your age. Don't ask if we think you're ugly. Don't ask if we think you're handsome/pretty. Don't ask if your boobs are too small or too big, don't ask us if you're dick is too small or too big.

Don't send us pictures of yourself and ask us if we think you're a good person.

Because right now you aren't. But one day, you will look back and remember how you used to ask strangers to rate you out of ten and you will shake your head at yourself.

That day you will be a good person.

Because you will be good to yourself.

BaileyisDarcy is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• LMAO AT PICTURE~!

• terribe MyTake, i have seen lots of normal people just asking other people opinions here, nothing special, if asking other opinions makes you a asshole who wants to get attention in you opinion, i couldnt care less. I know you got hurt because you got graded a lot lower then ithought you would, but thats no reason to throw your frustration at other people desiring to know more abot themselves. Also,3/10 for yor MtTake

• I never asked anyone to to rate me. I don't know where it is you think I said that, and technically if anything, I said they were complimenting me. I've never been given a 'low rating' or called anything but pretty/beautiful. Except for one time in primary school but I don't count that.
      This isn't about me being butthurt. This is about me not wanting anyone else to go through the mental fuck up that I did.

• I don't want anyone making the same mistake I did. Every warning about not putting pictures of yourself on the internet I ignored. And I know plenty of people will ignore me. But this is my say for that one in a hundred who might listen. And even if it's only one person out of a hundred who listens. That's at least one person who I've helped.

• have u ever thought that not all people ask for rating because they want attention? some are just curious and dont know how good/bad looking they are. i have seen lots of avarege guys asking about their looks, and i am sure they didn't do it for attention. you started it all wrong when you thought that everyone things the same way you do

• Iv'e asked 3 rate me's in the 7 months i have been on this site. And... well.

You seem to have it in your mind, That if you ask for rates, You do it because you are a conceited asshole and just seeking attention?

The only reason i ask, Is because i use to be really fat, And obviously as a result I've never had any friends or anything, And i feel insecure as fuck when i walk around in public even after loosing most of that weight, So.. I just want to see if people still think im as bad as i use to be (Which from on here i am but thats not the point).
    Anyway, I dont do it because im seeking a load of attention or anything, I just do it to see if i have improved at all over the past few months.

• Why do you post this in a topic called How do I look?
    If people were seeing these questions elsewhere on the site, I wouldn't mind that people complain, but they created a special place on this site especially for those who want to do that. Why oh why would you go there if you had enough of people asking to be rated? You don't go to a mosque and then say: "There are too many muslims here !"

Just block the topic "How do I look" and you'll never see them ! It's as simple as that !

• I'm not following the topic. I've seen these questions in the live feed, I see them in the featured, I see hem everywhere. And there are questions in the topic that are worth asking, that I don't mind seeing. Like the questions of whether or not that lump is normal.

• I really don't think GaG is the place to show a questionable lump. A medical site would be much better.
      It's weird. I have blocked many topics and never see questions related to them in my feed or features or whatever. Are you sure you blocked "How do I look" ?

• What a silly take; I swear women's creativity doesn't extend past finding more ways to complain about nothing.

• What's not to complain about? This is a valid take. We're all sick of the rate me questions. You can't tell me you see one and think 'Oh yay! Another person to rate, oh joy!'

• i agree with Nuqood on this. typically i just check out the question to see if the gal is even good looking... and thanks to the new site feature, i dont even need to click on the question anymore. If she isn't great looking, i probably won't even bother rating because most of the time they can't take honesty anyways. But there is value in getting rated online, as you'll usually get a more honest opinion online than you would get from asking friends who will merely butter your ego out of fear of offending you. But this whole thing really isn't that big a deal

• ^ It's honestly no different than any of the many questions on this site, and realistically if we removed anything deemed a 'stupid question' half this site wouldn't know what to ask. And, like you said, it's very easy to look, admire/be repulsed, and move on with your day. I also agree with the honesty bit, and even if people troll and say they're uglier than they are, it's really no different than someone saying they're prettier than they are.

All in all OP learn how to appreciate men asking for ratings/learn how to just ignore the questions since nobody but you made you click and read them.

• I just read a topic about victimization and I see it put to direct use in here. :)

• Brilliantly said. I couldn't had put the words in their places any better.

And ya, one more thing.. 0.11432785 does not lie between 1-10 , mofo.

• How about asking real life people?

• Agreed. Nothing screams desperation more than this. If you're dependent on approval from strangers, especially on the internet then you need to get out more. It's even funny when this one girl I dated felt that she needed to send me nudes to get my attention. That shit even hurts you more in the long run,

For me, people are gonna like what I have or they won't. That being said, appearance matters to an extent but it's not everything.

• Well I think the point can be more to see where you rank on the scale. It does not have to define you by any means! There is more to a person than his or her looks, but still the looks are part of that person.
    I for one would like to know where I stand, my abilities and capabilities are defined by me and only me! Not by a number on the internet. So yeah I might ask people if they find me attractive because they might have a different opinion than mine, so I would like to know their point of view. But I will never put myself down just because I don't look perfect, because I am perfect in other things as well!
    So that's that I guess. I hope that means something to you or helps at least ;)

• That picture! Wrecked so good :D :)

Excellent take! To me these asker seem desperate. There are other ways to find confidence. My way is to believe in myself and trust nobody else ;) :)

The "rate me" questions are annoying. I don't respond there. Ever.

• I understand what you mean, especially when you get super hot girls who just want their ego stroked, but at the same time a lot of guys don't get complimented by women so it leaves them wondering, how do they rank? So if they know they're just average then they will know to quit hitting on the super model looking girls. etc. Or maybe they're so hot that girls are afraid to talk to them. I don't know.

• hhhhhhhhhhhhhh gd answer

• On my feed on the right hand side, I see "Rate me" and '"What am I out of 10?". XD

Good take. You make a good point about how looking for compliments devalue true compliments. Personally, when I posted one question where I showed my face, I was honestly checking if the things my friends here have told me were shared by people who didn't feel obligated to be nice to me and I didn't ask for a number. I won't post another again and I agree that the varying "Do I look good here" or "how does my butt look" is generally attention seeking.

I think low self esteem is like a black hole that compliments can't fill but it doesn't stop people from trying.

• True there are a lot of scums out there just trying to put people down

What Girls Said 8

• I love this take so much and I agree with you. Great job!

• Haha! My golly I see those so many times! It's ridiculous! Especially the ones who ask is she pretty! When really its them. Or if they say are my boobs too big? And they show a picture of just their boobs and obviously they are. Those make me laugh because they obviously know it and love the attention.
    I don't mind people that straight up ask like hey! Am I looking good or what!
    Just being honest is no biggie.
    Nice take

• You see there are different types of insecurities. Attention seeking actually is one, they never feel beautiful enough so constantly ask for attention, the truth is in way they don't feel beautiful. They don't get the attention they want in the real world so beg for it on ther internent. It isn't someones fault if they attention seek, they can't control wanting so much attention. Even knowing they are beautiful isn't enough unless they feel other people think they are.

• I agree.
    (...)

• i'm glad people are saying something about it. i didn't expect it when i first joined gag and the amount of rates are astounding. i haven't seen rates since the dawn of aol and greatestjournal and MySpace etc. it makes me feel so sad for them. :\

• I agree with your Take. You're such an intellectual! :)

• What an absolutely brilliant Take.. This has been a question I have asked myself for quite some time.. It will now be extremely interesting to read the forthcoming opinions/comments.

Well Done & Thank You.

• They are baiting a guy to send them a lovely romantic message.