British and American women are the ugliest? Think again...

I saw this being asked the other day and apparently a lot of people believe it to be true, as a American myself with British background i take offence to this.

Its not nice calling any nationality the "ugliest" and I'm sure if your nationality had that label then you wouldn't be overjoyed either, this take isn't to sway people's opinions because we're all entitled to have opinions and personal preferences, this take is purely to shed some facts to those close minded and ignorant people who just have hatred towards American's and British people

Why do I think that is purely just hatred?

Well here is why, there is no facts pointing towards American's and British being the most ugly in the world, I have been to countries where I haven't seen the best looking people but I still wouldn't throw that whole nation into the "ugly" category just because i saw some unattractive people.

Here is some facts for you...

British and American women the ugliest? Think again..

^^ This is the face of the average British women, no mixed genes she is fully British.

^^ This is the average face of a American women, no mixed genes.

^^ This is the average face of a Swedish women, no mixed genes.

^^ This is the average face of a Russian women, no mixed genes.

^^ This is the face of a Ukrainian women, no mixed genes.

If I didn't state under the photo what their nationality was would you know?

Probably not...

These photos was made by scientists who took over 2,000 photos of women from these nationalities to come up with that the "average" or "typical" man and women looks like from these countries.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they all look pretty similar?

They're all attractive and a lot of their features look the same.

The reason why I put the British women and American women up against the Russian, Ukrainian and Swedish is because these women have the best stereotypes surrounding their looks. Most people believe they're the golden nationality and I'm not going to disagree because I like a lot of men from those nationalities. However if you actually use facts and not just go by what you hear and read from the media then you wouldn't be surprised to know that British women had the closest in looks to Russian women and American women had the closest to looks to Polish and Swedish women. Those are not my words or opinions, they are the opinions of over 45,876 men who was asked in a survery which nationalities they think share the same in apperance.

When I read the question that someone had asked about this someone posted the link to the correct article, from MissTravel.com which states that English are the fifth most sexiest for women and American is 3rd sexiest; again these results were made from the opinions of over 45,000 men and women.

Case closed :-)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 41

• but but but but... I actually quite like the average British woman.
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...8-8969-1774942c3282.jpg

The average American woman is cool too but she looks a bit cooked up and sad for some reason lol
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...c-878c-d3055674629f.jpg

There's a weariness to the look... as if "I've seen some things..." to it.

The British one is more cheerful and happity bopity boo.
    The Swede is cool as well.

• Since American women carry the genes of whatever nationality they descend from (America is not that old) your statement that the American woman has no mixed genes is totally false. And we have no reason to fell you are correct about any of the others. And who determines which women are "average"?

Perceptions of beauty are different for different nationalities and different cultures within those nationalities. So what one group will find "beautiful", another group will find "ugly". I have traveled over much of the world, and have noticed that the people in some nations do not appeal to my sense of beauty, while seemingly most in other countries do. I have seen exceptions both ways in most countries, but generally, I do find certain populations to appear at different levels of beauty to me, and probably most people who have been raised in my culture.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and scientists finding a bunch of photos of similar looking women from different countries will not change the fact that the average appearance of women (or men) in that country will not be the same as the next country.

• What I find funny is that whenever people insult America they not only insulting us they are insulting all the countries, groups and ethnicity's that make up this land you are quite literally offending the worlds people.

• I have never heard a insults of America that isn't based on politics or culture.

If I say "Americans bla bla"... then it will always to a reference to a generalisation of cultural/politics I find domination and different form the EU.

For instance Americas view on gun control or lack of same.
      Americans very outspoken religious conservative vs. EU's far more liberal and socialist political blocks.
      America is far less homogenise than EU countries (naturally since they are not ethically from one nation, but are build by almost every nationality on earth combined), causes greater internal cultural diversity.

It's always culture or politic, I haver never heard any insult on Americans based on physical racial features alone.

• @Phoenix98
      I didn't say I agree with the insults, just pointed them out by memory based on what I hear in the media over here.

Naturally Americans will do whatever they feel like irregardless of what the rest of the word think, just like everybody else will do whatever they feel like no matter what Americans think or say about it.

Did we just get sidetracked here... anyway..

• @oracle12c lol I got sidetracked the moment you started talking about political and culture insults, but I got the point you were trying to make.

• I agree with you.
    But, since America represents a melting pot, a concept such as "an American, no mixed genes" does not make sense.

• Like Tarvoid said, averaging faces eliminates assymetry. It has nothing to do with how beautiful or ugly a certain population is. It's basic facial geometry.
    Besides, this whole matter is subjective. I don't find those pictures you posted very attractive. To me they are just "non-ugly", but I wouldn't rate them above average. But that's me.

Finally, "as a American myself with British background i take offence to this". This whole offense thingy again, I wrote about that on a take of mine. Nobody cares if you are offended. If you want to be offended, be offended.
    Deal with it. Everyone gets offended.

• Where did i state that people should care that its offensive? :S

• Pretty much the whole take involves around the idea that "People out there think X, and I find X offensive". This is what opens up the article. You can tell the take wasn't objective but rather subjective (which is understandable since the whole subject of beauty is not objective in the first place).

If you instead said "Some people out there think X. I don't care that those people think X, and neither does anyone else", it would have a different tone.

Anyways what I was trying to say is that it's not a matter of "You think we aren't attractive? Here have a few photos that show you how attractive we are". Like said some people think the pics you showed are gorgeous, I'm honestly not that impressed. Truly I don't agree with beauty stereotypes. I can't say "I like Brazilian girls". I can say "I like that girl, and she happens to be Brazilian". Everyone is different.

• This isn't to show people "we are attractive" as you put it its to show people they it is purely just a stereotype, the photos shown are meant to look attractive lol they're meant to show you what the typical girl from those countries look like and its mainly to focus on the features not the whole face in general

• Damn all white people look alike :/ hahahaha

• 2 things.

1.) Where did you find those hybrid pics? They're kinda cool.

2.) You do realize that the core of beauty is facial symmetry, right? By "averaging" the faces of these peoples, you are effectively eliminating all traces of asymmetry. Which makes your whole argument pointless.

• Came here exactly to reinforce that second point.

• @Bysshe - Ultimately, what I said was a very basic concept, and if you can't understand that, no matter how hard you try at pretending to be smart, it still won't cover up the truth.

• An averaged Asian face is still going to be neotenous than averaged caucasian face, both will obviously look more symmetrical than a typical face.

• The point is that people will say something else different is better. I've talked to a Brazilian guy who thought his country's women weren't very sexy and would rather date an American woman. Many German or Eastern European men I have talked to don't think their women are all that, but do like the fact they're in decent physical shape.

It's only "meh" when you're used to it all the time. A Coke might be something amazing to someone who's never had one before, but kinda boring for someone who's been drinking for years.

• Best way to judge would be to spend sometime in Britain and the US and than to compare to all the other nations you been to

• I find British girls quite ugly but they are not the ugliest. I don't know if the ugliest British girls are no mixed genes, but many British girls are ugly not because of their face, just because they are fat.

• Whoever Said that is cray cray

• The question being asked was based on a bullshit dating site called BeautifulPeople which deliberately rejected almost 90% of the population as 'too ugly' in a blatant publicity stunt.

I found a much better article while trying to find the original one the Asker was on about, which went beyond looks into behaviour, and found British women were considered ugly not so much because of their looks as their drunken, foul mouthed, crass behaviour.

• And here's the link to that one, before anyone asks:

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...nded-ugliest-world.html

• The actions of many, in a nation that I lived in, worked in, and traveled the length and breadth of. You don't earn a reputation like that through just a few doing it. Drinking is a central part of the culture.

• The article you originally posted is focusing on how much the Brits like to drink at times on holiday and how that in itself is ugly but not actually the people themselves.
      Even though drinking can have a huge impact on your physical appearance "ugly" and "heavy drinking" is too different things.
      And i see you said to this women that you are talking facts and she is not however right now you're only showing your opinion and the opinion of a few journalists and the funniest thing is seeing the Ukrainian news writing about Brits being drunk when Ukrainian are known for their drinking too and if that was a sure indicator of someone being "ugly" for how much they drink then as the girl mentioned both Ukrainian and Russian would be seen as ugly too but they're not.

Websites and aritcles like Miss Travel and BeautifulPeople asked thousands of people for their opinions not just a few journalists
      Here is the link - www.misstravel.com/.../

• We're all mostly just white people anyway... how can you even tell the difference before someone speaks?

• American (including Canadian) and British (including Aussie) women are the most insufferable, that's for sure.

• Kelly Rowland ALL DAY!

• How cute, more women with makeup covering up their flaws. Lol

• British gurls are much prettier than americans for me , yh you get me fam?

• American by definition must have mixed genes unless all of her ancestors came from one place.

• I am English but prefer the looks Irish women to English women. English women are attractive but something about Irish women just drives me crazy. I think it's the eyes and noses.

• Sorry, but your point is nonsensical. It's proven by scientists that the most beautiful faces are the average faces of the population, so even if you take the average Nigerian face it will still be cute, although the Nigerians are ugly. This also applies to British people and Americans, they are very ugly, but their average face is nice.

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 14

• Okay, no. You can't use the "average" face to prove attractiveness, because it's already been proven that the more faces you average out, the more attractive the resulting average is. So of course if you take the average face of someone from the country it's going to be attractive. What would actually be far more effective would be taking a random sample of a couple of faces from that country and showing them individually.

• This isn't to prove attractiveness as such its prove that the photos displayed are what has been regarded as the "average" or the "typical" girl from these countries, this take is prove that if i didn't mention what their nationalities was you wouldn't be able to tell because they all look relatively similar and like someone else mentioned on here even though it doesn't take into account the persons weight, diet, teeth etc the photos are purely just to show what the average persons features look like rather than what their face as a whole would look like and combining 2,000 photos of women from those countries would have more relevancy than taking random couple of people faces who could be wearing makeup, have had plastic surgery, have a mother or father who is not their nationality or quarter nationality, that's the reason why i used those photos instead of taking random photos of people from america and uk

• The issue is that average in this case does not actually mean typical. Almost no one in those countries is going to look like the average. The average is not even going to lie right in the middle of the most attractive and the least attractive, as it's already been shown that the more faces you average out, the more attractive the resulting face is. For showing that you can't really tell the difference, these photos might work slightly better, but even so I really don't think they are effective, for the reasons I already pointed out. If a country has a large number of people whose features are too extreme to be considered "attractive", but about equal number of people with extreme features to both sides (equal number of people with very large noses and very small noses for instance), the average face for that country will still look about the same as the average face from a country with only people fitting the aesthetic ideal. So you using the average face shows nothing.

• Well what ancestry are the "no mixed genes" Americans?
    French, Irish, Russian... British?

Americans are a giant mixture of lots of ethnic groups and our ancestors come from many different countries. So, you're referring to white Americans that are from America? Impossible?

• I think we all look the same. We say Asians look the same, so do white people. So do Latino people. So do black people. So do Middle Eastern people. We all look so different, yet so damn similar it's ridiculous.

• how can a typical American have 'no mixed genes'? america is a country full of immigrants with every gene combination you can think of. makes no sense

• The American female version looks older but that's only because our population pyramid consists mostly of older adults, the highest percentage being in their sixties/fifties and mid twenties to thirties. As our economic status is suggested by our pyramids shape it's only a matter of time when we experience a decline in our general birth rate like Europe. I imagine it will be similar to Japan's also. The baby boom kids are my parents technically and ever since the economy has gone down people are struggling more anyhow. They're more focused on their livelihood rather than children. Children are a luxury only thoroughly enjoyed when you have the means to raise them. Which most people don't anymore. So basically my point is, the general image will look "older". Also looking overworked... since it's now a "crime" to work over twenty-eight hours..."Twenty-eight hour work week law". People are scrambling to piece together two jobs or more, part-time, just to make ends meet. Health care is extremely expensive and soon people who aren't able to afford it will be heavily taxed. Yep.

• Some white third or fourth generation Americans have a small trace of indigenous blood. They are not always purely white.

• British and American women are the ugliest?

• the American woman hybrid looks the most stressed-out to me.
    maybe because she's the only one frowning?

• There's no ugly nationality

• It is just people hating. You tend to see troll questions like that.

• I'm American and I'm kinda a mix between Irish Italian English and German but I prefer that guys that are ether British or Canadian or allstrailan or guy that is a mix between British and Canadian or British and allstrailan

• but... everyone has mixed genes

• Is it just me or does the American women look like she is ob drugs?

• They all look the same.