British and American women are the ugliest? Think again...

I saw this being asked the other day and apparently a lot of people believe it to be true, as a American myself with British background i take offence to this.

Its not nice calling any nationality the "ugliest" and I'm sure if your nationality had that label then you wouldn't be overjoyed either, this take isn't to sway people's opinions because we're all entitled to have opinions and personal preferences, this take is purely to shed some facts to those close minded and ignorant people who just have hatred towards American's and British people

Why do I think that is purely just hatred?

Well here is why, there is no facts pointing towards American's and British being the most ugly in the world, I have been to countries where I haven't seen the best looking people but I still wouldn't throw that whole nation into the "ugly" category just because i saw some unattractive people.

Here is some facts for you...

British and American women the ugliest? Think again..

^^ This is the face of the average British women, no mixed genes she is fully British.

^^ This is the average face of a American women, no mixed genes.

^^ This is the average face of a Swedish women, no mixed genes.

^^ This is the average face of a Russian women, no mixed genes.

^^ This is the face of a Ukrainian women, no mixed genes.

If I didn't state under the photo what their nationality was would you know?

Probably not...

These photos was made by scientists who took over 2,000 photos of women from these nationalities to come up with that the "average" or "typical" man and women looks like from these countries.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they all look pretty similar?

They're all attractive and a lot of their features look the same.

The reason why I put the British women and American women up against the Russian, Ukrainian and Swedish is because these women have the best stereotypes surrounding their looks. Most people believe they're the golden nationality and I'm not going to disagree because I like a lot of men from those nationalities. However if you actually use facts and not just go by what you hear and read from the media then you wouldn't be surprised to know that British women had the closest in looks to Russian women and American women had the closest to looks to Polish and Swedish women. Those are not my words or opinions, they are the opinions of over 45,876 men who was asked in a survery which nationalities they think share the same in apperance.

When I read the question that someone had asked about this someone posted the link to the correct article, from MissTravel.com which states that English are the fifth most sexiest for women and American is 3rd sexiest; again these results were made from the opinions of over 45,000 men and women.

Case closed :-)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 40

• Intresting take

• American by definition must have mixed genes unless all of her ancestors came from one place.

• Damn all white people look alike :/ hahahaha

• What I find funny is that whenever people insult America they not only insulting us they are insulting all the countries, groups and ethnicity's that make up this land you are quite literally offending the worlds people.

• I have never heard a insults of America that isn't based on politics or culture.

If I say "Americans bla bla"... then it will always to a reference to a generalisation of cultural/politics I find domination and different form the EU.

For instance Americas view on gun control or lack of same.
      Americans very outspoken religious conservative vs. EU's far more liberal and socialist political blocks.
      America is far less homogenise than EU countries (naturally since they are not ethically from one nation, but are build by almost every nationality on earth combined), causes greater internal cultural diversity.

It's always culture or politic, I haver never heard any insult on Americans based on physical racial features alone.

• @Phoenix98
      I didn't say I agree with the insults, just pointed them out by memory based on what I hear in the media over here.

Naturally Americans will do whatever they feel like irregardless of what the rest of the word think, just like everybody else will do whatever they feel like no matter what Americans think or say about it.

Did we just get sidetracked here... anyway..

• @oracle12c lol I got sidetracked the moment you started talking about political and culture insults, but I got the point you were trying to make.

Sorry, but your point is nonsensical. It's proven by scientists that the most beautiful faces are the average faces of the population, so even if you take the average Nigerian face it will still be cute, although the Nigerians are ugly. This also applies to British people and Americans, they are very ugly, but their average face is nice.

• All sorts of statistics show white, Caucasian people be the seen as the most attractive in the whole world.
    A study also showed babies of all races as picking, on the average, white dolls over dark ones.

Consider though, that "be seen" is a diverse matter than "be said to be": they are contrary to each other in fact: as the latter may often come from jealousy and frustration.

The more they'll want to be like you, the more they'll say they don't like you: a rule of behaviour that applies to quite everything involving humans.

Black men, and East-Asian women are generally considered attractive too (African societies are more matriarchal: women have more power, and select men by appearance; the viceversa is valid with respect to East-Asian societies. In the long run, this obviously influence genetics.)

If I had to sort women by race, from the most to the least attractive to me, I'd say: black, white, latino, East-Asian.

• I don't think, still, that there's reason to take offense at that post you read.
      Contrary, you could feel flattered, or more wisely just pay no attention to racist/antagonistic content on the Web.

• For British and American women, it's not a matter of the quality of beauty... but the quantity to population ratio.

Both have very beautiful women, but not many compared to other nations.
    Because frankly, in general UK and US women are fat slobs, with the Scandinavian trailing not far behind.

Russian and Ukranian women (or Eastern European women in a general sense), tend to take a lot more care of themselves, and make an effort to look their best at all times.
    This is how they got the reputation, because to outsiders, beautiful women are everywhere in comparison.

You can find beautiful women everywhere, but some places are easier than others.
    And ultimately, beauty is a subjective opinion.

• I am sure every white chick has slept with a black sheep at least once In her life !
    #FactsAreStubbornThings

• I find British women slightly more attractive. I think it's the nose shape.

• I find Ukrainian women on average to be most beautiful. I don't care what people think

• i'm British. i've never met anhy of the millions of women from my country. people are retarded in how they judge things, but c'est la vie...

• Yeah ok... Based on this anecdotal evidence or study, which took faces from a small number of natives from each country and then coming up with a median. I generally don't find white women attractive. It's a white privilege thing and yes not all white men and women from countries are attractive. I would put Britain and france 1st as the ugliest and america isn't too bad but that's only because of mixed nationalities over the years. The only attractive ones in america usually have some kind of German or Norwegian background from their parents or grand parents.

• Since American women carry the genes of whatever nationality they descend from (America is not that old) your statement that the American woman has no mixed genes is totally false. And we have no reason to fell you are correct about any of the others. And who determines which women are "average"?

Perceptions of beauty are different for different nationalities and different cultures within those nationalities. So what one group will find "beautiful", another group will find "ugly". I have traveled over much of the world, and have noticed that the people in some nations do not appeal to my sense of beauty, while seemingly most in other countries do. I have seen exceptions both ways in most countries, but generally, I do find certain populations to appear at different levels of beauty to me, and probably most people who have been raised in my culture.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and scientists finding a bunch of photos of similar looking women from different countries will not change the fact that the average appearance of women (or men) in that country will not be the same as the next country.

• but but but but... I actually quite like the average British woman.
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...8-8969-1774942c3282.jpg

The average American woman is cool too but she looks a bit cooked up and sad for some reason lol
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...c-878c-d3055674629f.jpg

There's a weariness to the look... as if "I've seen some things..." to it.

The British one is more cheerful and happity bopity boo.
    The Swede is cool as well.

• Whoever Said that is cray cray

• How cute, more women with makeup covering up their flaws. Lol

• All are ugly.

• Funny how the average American woman isn't smiling. Beyonce is sexy as hell and the British one is prolly the hottest British woman I've ever seen. I never knew people thought that anericans and brits were ugly tho...

• British and American women aren't bad looking... just generally insufferable.

• British gurls are much prettier than americans for me , yh you get me fam?

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 14

• It is just people hating. You tend to see troll questions like that.

• British and American women are the ugliest?

• but... everyone has mixed genes

• Some white third or fourth generation Americans have a small trace of indigenous blood. They are not always purely white.

• Is it just me or does the American women look like she is ob drugs?

• Well what ancestry are the "no mixed genes" Americans?
    French, Irish, Russian... British?

Americans are a giant mixture of lots of ethnic groups and our ancestors come from many different countries. So, you're referring to white Americans that are from America? Impossible?

• I think we all look the same. We say Asians look the same, so do white people. So do Latino people. So do black people. So do Middle Eastern people. We all look so different, yet so damn similar it's ridiculous.

• the American woman hybrid looks the most stressed-out to me.
    maybe because she's the only one frowning?

• There's no ugly nationality

• I'm American and I'm kinda a mix between Irish Italian English and German but I prefer that guys that are ether British or Canadian or allstrailan or guy that is a mix between British and Canadian or British and allstrailan

• They all look the same.

• Okay, no. You can't use the "average" face to prove attractiveness, because it's already been proven that the more faces you average out, the more attractive the resulting average is. So of course if you take the average face of someone from the country it's going to be attractive. What would actually be far more effective would be taking a random sample of a couple of faces from that country and showing them individually.

• This isn't to prove attractiveness as such its prove that the photos displayed are what has been regarded as the "average" or the "typical" girl from these countries, this take is prove that if i didn't mention what their nationalities was you wouldn't be able to tell because they all look relatively similar and like someone else mentioned on here even though it doesn't take into account the persons weight, diet, teeth etc the photos are purely just to show what the average persons features look like rather than what their face as a whole would look like and combining 2,000 photos of women from those countries would have more relevancy than taking random couple of people faces who could be wearing makeup, have had plastic surgery, have a mother or father who is not their nationality or quarter nationality, that's the reason why i used those photos instead of taking random photos of people from america and uk

• The issue is that average in this case does not actually mean typical. Almost no one in those countries is going to look like the average. The average is not even going to lie right in the middle of the most attractive and the least attractive, as it's already been shown that the more faces you average out, the more attractive the resulting face is. For showing that you can't really tell the difference, these photos might work slightly better, but even so I really don't think they are effective, for the reasons I already pointed out. If a country has a large number of people whose features are too extreme to be considered "attractive", but about equal number of people with extreme features to both sides (equal number of people with very large noses and very small noses for instance), the average face for that country will still look about the same as the average face from a country with only people fitting the aesthetic ideal. So you using the average face shows nothing.

• how can a typical American have 'no mixed genes'? america is a country full of immigrants with every gene combination you can think of. makes no sense

• The American female version looks older but that's only because our population pyramid consists mostly of older adults, the highest percentage being in their sixties/fifties and mid twenties to thirties. As our economic status is suggested by our pyramids shape it's only a matter of time when we experience a decline in our general birth rate like Europe. I imagine it will be similar to Japan's also. The baby boom kids are my parents technically and ever since the economy has gone down people are struggling more anyhow. They're more focused on their livelihood rather than children. Children are a luxury only thoroughly enjoyed when you have the means to raise them. Which most people don't anymore. So basically my point is, the general image will look "older". Also looking overworked... since it's now a "crime" to work over twenty-eight hours..."Twenty-eight hour work week law". People are scrambling to piece together two jobs or more, part-time, just to make ends meet. Health care is extremely expensive and soon people who aren't able to afford it will be heavily taxed. Yep.