Why women and people should just stop giving into the media

Many women nowadays aspire to look like something that they are not beause of celebrities, fashion trends, and beauty standards, but little do they know that most of these celebrities aren't perfect. Many celebrities have gone under the knife to look the way they do now even celebrities we all thought were all natural. Women go through numerous insecurites about there bodies due to these issues.

Under The Knife

Like I've said before many celebrities have had work done to look the way they do now. Many of them aren't really natural beauties that the public thinks that they are.

Surgeries gone wrong

They're are many risks when it comes to cosmetic surgery and sometimes people come out looking terrible. Just the idea of having someone slice my body open to "fix" something gives me jitters, because in reality anything can go wrong no matter how professional the surgeon is.

ASS, ASS, ASS, ASS, ASS

There is a whole craze going on with ass and big voluptuous booties nowadays because of stars like Nicki Minaj, Kim K, Amberrose, etc, but are there asses really authentic. Rap and hip hop music glorify these thick, curvaceous girls with the perfect butts but most of the butts in those videos aren't even real. There is nothing wrong with a big butt as long as it's real but this booty trend is taking the lives of many women feeling pressured to have a big butt. Since many wome can't afford to go to licensed doctors and are too lazy to go the gym they end up going to black markets or "pumping parties" to get illegal butt injections which are extremely dangerous.

This is what happens when you go to a black market and things don't turn out so good.

These are women who weren't so lucky and ended up dead...

The bigger the better?

We all know know that proporation is key. It's nothing wrong with having a big butt or big tits as long as it looks proportional. I have a large chest but it fits with my body and it's 100% real. Nothing beats a woman who has a real big chest and ass. But this is wayyy too much.....

Makeup and Photoshop

Many celebrities have the best makeup artists and they can contour their skin to look much better. Not only that but digital editing and photoshops and filters have become a savior for these people as well.

Racism/Colourism

Not only this but their is an alarming amount of racism that goes on in these industries and it impacts our youths. These industries tell young black women that only lighter skin and long flowing locks of hair are considered to be the ideal standard of beauty. Many hip hop and r&b music videos only seem to showcase white, hispanic, and very light skin black women in their videos excluding dark skin women no matter how beautiful they are. Many young black men would not even consider going out with a black women nowadays as well, leaving us heart broken and alone. Black women especially dark skin, are usually portrayed as loud, obnoxious, ghetto, on welfair, gold diggers, and angry while black men are portrayed as thugs, criminals, pimps, drug addicts, rapists, and gangsters.

Light Skin is the right skin?

I've actually done a mytake on the benefits of having melanin rich skin which is the the pigment that gives human skin, hair, and eyes their color. Dark-skinned people have more melanin in their skin than light-skinned people have. Here's the link http://www.girlsaskguys.com/health-fitness/a21761-having-melanin-it-s-benefits it'd be great if you guys check it out.

Height

Aside from stick sizes, height seems to be the main concern with men. Many women would say thery aren't into guys who are under 6'0 tall and for some reason really short girls who are like 5'0 have this mindset as well. I'm a girl who is 5'1 and Definitely don't have this ridiculous standard, it;s not that hard for me to find a guy that's taller than me and he definietly doesn't have to be 6'0 ft tall.

SOOOO...

Societies standards are always changing and the people you thik are perfect definitely have many flaws that they are trying so hard to hide from the public eye. The media is run by assholes who make make women and people who don't fit in with it feel bad about themselves. As long as you have confidence and your secure you can attract a lot of attention. Whether your tall or short, black or white, skinny or curvy, lightskin or darkskin, hispanic or Asian, anyone has the potential to be beautiful These standards where women have to have a pretty face, the body of an hourglass with crazy curves, light flawless skin, big breasts, and a giant butt are almost impossible. This would be the worst as well if every women strives to look this way. There would be no individuality, no creativity, just nothing everyone would just look the same which is just boring. I'm glad that there are different bodytypes going from small to big, different skin colors from light to dark, differeny customs, cultures, and traditions because it's the key thing that makes world so beautiful.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 12

• 22d

Fuck all this. These standard were first to show if you're healthy or not but now it scattered all ways up. One is saying "no ass is no mess" and the others are saying that "Ass is Mass beauty." I don't get these people.

I will never date someone who did surgery for cosmetic things (if it's to fix teeth i don't care but no liposuction). I like to date someone real and not a Doll.

• Most of the "gone back" pics are photshopped soo they become irrelevant and I dont see anything wrong with cosmetic surgery I'm actually gonna save up for a few

• Disgusting looking women are disgusting looking women. If what they need is surgery to make themselves look better than please do so, for the sake of humanity.

• Surgery no, but there is no excuse to hit the gym.

• people should be happy with what they have

• kick ass article sis, i really love reading about these types of things!

but hey i think there is a major positive side on people being media addicts now and from my point of view that is that it reveals people for their true color. for example

- you know someone has extreme insecurity issue if you see that they have the need to mimic everything they see on TV

- you know a chick ain't girlfriend material if she has to live the same type of life that The Kardashians live

- you know a guy is a punk if he displays the same elements of philosophy that Kevin Hart, little Wayne, Kanye West, etc display on their views on women

in other words the media does expose hypocrites and pretty much keeps them distracted at the same time. so much till the point that it gives us real people more time to focus on our merits and other goals we have in life.

after all we are the ones who control society in the end thus we basically control them in the long run. so who really gets the last laugh in the end?

• Where I grow up, I see all sorts of women with all sorts of men.
    Most of these women will never be featured on anything, and they don't care.
    I think most people realize that media is media and media is a joke unto itself.

• Fuck the controlled " media " & think for yourselves everyone !! It's all total BS & propaganda. The " media " targets women more as the female brain is much more emotional , so women are affected more by this sort of crap , especially when delivered with emotion !! Hitler used this to gain the female vote , which gained him power , he was a master of delivering raw emotional content , which appeals more to women. Turn off the TV... haven't watched TV for around 6 years now... it's total BS.

• good lord... so many women look terribad without their makeup...

• I agree. Women can put makeup but don't be often, just in some situations are ok. Such as in a party

• The way I see it, there are levels. Those women who feel pressured to look like what the media portrays are also trying to get the guys portrayed by the media. There is no innocence in this. Makeup, altering surgery, etc, is a way to date above your level. The girls who worry about looking like the beautiful women in media are the same women who want the handsome, muscular men in media. it is of course natural to be attracted to the top of the ladder, but the real problem lies in expectation. Despite my previous words I did like your take, as it brings up many valid points.

• I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Women are competitive. It burns us to see men slobber over kim K and the likes when we know we could look just like that if we had hundreds of thousands of dollars at our disposal. Some girls lap it up, and the rest of us get jealous when attention is on them, not us, so we follow too. You can tell me I'm wrong, but if I was, the plastic surgery, cosmetic, fashion and porn industry wouldn't be so huge. I'm getting a boob job next year, and I'll be paying it off until I'm 5 years older lol I've dated hunky ass men before, even with my A cup boobs, so I'm not doing it for men. But, I'm not doing it for myself, either. Yes, I'm doing it for society.

• Right, you tell me how that goes for you. Im sure society will be much more grateful of your boobs then the guys.

• I think the president was just leaning forwards to wave to people. He could have just had lifted shoes or a dozen other ways to appear taller than that.

• How fucked up insecure must you be to accept having your body butchered for other people's pleasure? Especially when it doesn't even work. It never looks natural because it's not. Those big butts are so ugly it doesn't even make sense.

What Girls Said 10

• The light skin things gets to me I have a friend she on antidepressants she went to the hospital because she was going to kill her self now she has to take those pills that she doesn't want to. Her mom is not making anything better she gave her soap that suppose to bleach her skin light because she too dark and looks like to much of her dad. But when mom did that I know that it affect my friend a lot. I say Fuck this light skin is the best bullshit because being like that is horrible.

• WOW. I'm so sorry that your friend is going through that. There's nothing wrong with being light skin, it's just that the mentality that light skin is the best gets into people's heads and they end up doing things like that.

• Exactly I am light skin but telling my friend that she not good looking or good enough is most dumbest thing especially since we already dealt with racism where black people where hated for their skin colour people should know better by now.

• Great myTake!!

But... Come on! Megan Fox has been always hot XD she's fucking perfect.

• Hahaha Completely agree!

• Wow... nice points. You also shared info (and pics) I wasn't aware of. Kim definitely had some work done but from 2010 and up I think that is mostly mastering how to use makeup.

I've definitely seen the black market butcher job pics before. It's really prevalent in Brazil where they have big booty contests that gain you celebrity status. Also this pic is of a transgender who injected tire sealant into peoples butts. Of course some died and others had to have it removed after excessive bleeding.
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...4-90f1-e5e033277772.jpg

• yes those r terrible

• Great take! People are just stupid nowadays. Everybody should be happy with what they got. People who have such unrealistic standards should really look at themselves in the mirror because they aren't perfect either. Everyone should embrace their imperfections.

• Interesting

(Filler)

• I've always found these people pathetic and i dont really have respect for celebrities AT ALL... and no music is not my life

i hate that lifestyle and everything related to it and THOSE are whats wrong with soceity

by the way i love your takes
    finally someone more realistic on this BS site

• black people are made to feel like their skin is too dark and pale white people are made to feel like their skin is too pale. the colourism needs to stop

• this is really great, im glad someone touched on the white washing especially as thats really prevalent at the moment

• Each to its own, I like those pure pale white blonde Scandinavian gals. The whiter the better for me ;-)