Personality or Looks?

Tons of people say personality is better than looks, but it completely true? What if the person is the ugliest person you've ever seen but has an amazing personality or vice versa...

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• Looks first, personality later.
    Most people strike up conversation by choice with people they find somewhat attractive. That's looks. You can't help judging looks of people right off the bat. You are automatically attracted to certain looks, and if "better" means "more attractive" or "better for being attracted to" then yes, looks are definitely better.

But, obviously if you talk with a hot girl and she's a total bitch, you'll give up. If you date a hot girl and can't stand her, you break up.

So yes, looks COME FIRST, but looks and personality both matter.

• We're all a bunch of shallow people who refuse to admit how shallow we are.

Both are needed for a real relationship, because you can't survive off of lust alone, no more than you can have a working relationship where you aren't attracted to the other person sexually.

• Everyone knows its all about looks. Lol at personality. Unfortunately I have neither. On the one hand I am a 2/10 fat ugly and short guy. On the other hand I have zero personality because I have zero confidence and very low self esteem. Why is this? Because I'm ugly. Why do I feel ugly? Because I have zero confidence. As you can see it is a vicious circle. Serious.

• looks first, personality second. Bad personality can override her looks, but bad looks can't override her personality. I'm not very picky at all when it comes to looks, but if im not attracted her physically at all, its a no go

• looks looks looks

• Well yeah, I'm not going to want to be with a girl who's going to play me or manipulate me, no matter how she looks

What Girls Said 7

• In the end, I think personality is better. I don't care how hot a guy is, if he's boring or a jerk, then that's not someone I would want to be around all the time. However, I need to be at least attracted to him in order to date him and he doesn't have to look like a model.

• I used to be really shallow and not understand attraction to personality, but then i started liking someone for his personality. Liking someone for their personality.. it feels like so many doors open you never knew were there. You start finding things attractive about them you never thought about before. Liking someone for their personality is a seriously epic feeling.

• So date the ugliest person with the best personality you know, rather than the hot guy with the second best personality you know. Have fuckin fun.

• No. Go out with the person you have feelings for because you like them, if you like them attraction will follow. God help whoever gets you.

• Definitely personality. I couldn't care less about looks. Even if he is the ugliest I wouldn't care. If he is good looking then it's a bonus but I honestly couldn't care. Seen too much in my life to know that looks make no difference and it's all in the personality

• As long as he has good hygiene and his hair is washed and he smells nice I can get past his ugliness. As long as he has a great personality. :)

• looks dont matter to me if you are a jerk :)

• I'm sorry... I feel like a terrible person for saying this but he has to be a little attractive

• Well yeah personality > looks but I have to be attracted to them too