What is wrong with wearing makeup?

There seems to be a lot of people on here, guys and girls, that seem to think girls that choose not to wear makeup is somehow superior and better.

But what's so wrong with wearing makeup? Why does that automatically label a girl as needy or trying too hard?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally know very few women who refuse to wear makeup. Nothing wrong with it, it is a form of expression and can make you feel more attractive. You don't need to have it on all the time though, even with your bf/husband. If you are attractive with your makeup you are attractive without it as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because people view makeup as a form to make themselves appear better or be deceptive. It's really a form of personal expression in my view point. It's just like asking why do people wear clothes. It's just looked at as creating a false sense of what reality is.

• I like the clothing analogy. I agree with you

What Guys Said 5

• In spite of the fact that we live in a very superficial culture, we still talk up the myth of asexual love being pure and somehow better. Consequently even though people are superficial, they talk down pandering to it, all while pandering to it like crazy and claiming it's for some other reason ("I work out 7 days a week for my health, fat people are unhealthy which I don't like", "i just find thongs comfortable", etc)

• Nothings wrong with makeup. Some girls wear makeup because they like to/feel uncomfortable with something/or for whatever reason. It's BS when someone says "natural" girls are better

• We prefer Natural beauty rather then fucking deceptive artificial ones which comes from makeup...

• I hatr makeup
    its kinda like cheating guys from hiding your original face
    for me all gals r already beautiful enough for amy guy then y would u gals were makeup
    it makes us think how would u look without makeup. ugly?

• Nothing wrong with wearing makeup... only, some mothers won't allow their children to do it until they're much older... it's not really meant for 5 and 6 year olds

What Girls Said 7

• nothing's wrong with wearing makeup. what's wrong is when girls use makeup as a safety mechanism, to hide or escape from their natural beauty.

• Nothing wrong with wearing makeup..
    But some guys don't like when girls wear makeup because they look so different without it
    i.huffpost.com/.../...CO-PRIMA-E-DOPO-facebook.jpg

• I love makeup.
    My view on it is that all makeup does is enhance what's already naturally there, so if it makes me feel better about myself how is that such a bad thing?

• Fake is less attractive than real.

• There is nothing wrong with wearing makeup, as long as it's worn in moderation. Wearing more natural looking makeup isn't wrong, but once you start making your face look completely different, well, that's where makeup becomes disliked.

• I think that's where makeup becomes fun. It's allabout dressing up and playing with it that makes it so attractive. It's not about being someone else with a different face, it's about pushing your limits and having fun with it. I think people need to relax a little

• Wearing make up is a choice. I like wearing makeup and do so.

• Nothing wrong with it. It's only really an issue when she wears a ton of make up like some clown, or her foundation is that orange color or when the make up totally changes her looks
    I think in general, most people agree light make up can be ok, just not too much.
    Some girls do look needy when they wear too much make up, or some just look like they have low self esteem and are trying to cover up what they hate. Too much make up doesn't look great most times either. I know if you're really good at it, you can wear quite a bit and still look natural and that's not too bad either.