Nail question? Job interview?

Okay so I recently took so long to paint my nails tye dye turquoise and white with the thumb t. s. And 1989 inspired by Taylor swift 1989...
I got a job interview and I was told I couldn't have my nails like that for the interview. By someone not at the store.
Is that true?
Or would they like that im talented with nails and etc. It's for a makeup store.
Im nervous. My nails took forever and im proud of them but... please help.

The boss loved them (:

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the tie dye is fine, I think it's the t. s. 1989 that might be concerning.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should talk to someone who works there. I don't feel like that would be so bad anywhere, but especially at a makeup store.

• I don't see why that would be a problem for a makeup store, if anything it's the type of thing I might expect someone working there to have (not that have much experience with makeup stores...). I could see it being an issue with some jobs, but I don't see why it would be a bad thing for that job.

Can we see them?

• Look to my instagram taylachristine18

• How'd the interview go?

• So good! I have a second one. And im pretty sure im getting it. But im nervous about dress code. I asked a question on it but no ones answering. I have 1 answer.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not professional for an interview. However if you want to paint your nails for an interview, which you still probably shouldn't, they should be an incredibly conservative color like beige.

• Good opportunity come and may never have it again. But nail you can make it new whenever you want. Money can pay for it. It is up to you what is the most important.

• I don't think it's professional for an interview. Interviews should be clean cut. Show your personality after you have the job.