Do guys like Asian girls?

I'm a teenage Asian girl in an almost all white community. I've never kissed or dated a guy. I'm outgoing, popular, and athletic. I'm a cheerleader and get really good grades. I feel like guys don't approach me because I'm Asian... opinions? Do you think I'm decent looking? I also have high standards, but guys don't even approach me. It's getting to a point where it's embarrassing.

Most Helpful Guy

• if someone doesn't approach you because you're an Asian he's a jerk.

you haven't find the right guy yet i guess... i WANT to believe that most people don't care about race

What Guys Said 22

• I've seen a lot of white male Asian female couples. they sure do find attraction in each other.

• You're at the top of the totem pole.
    > Smart
    > Cheerleader
    > Pretty
    > Asian

It will take some guys a certain amount of condense to approach you.

But since you said you're in a white community, there's a possibility that yellow fever is weak there since most guys there would be used to dating white girls.

I notice yellow fever in white guys who live in more diverse towns or are through with white women.

There's also a possibility that many guys are somehow familiar with your high standards (social media, gossip, etc can show some of your standards) and thus jaded toward approaching you because they'd just assume you'd reject them.

Could you describe your standards to me?

• Smart, nice, funny, attractive, athletic, are the most important ones but I'd make exceptions

• Beyond the regular fetishism of Asian culture that the eastern world seems to have, white male/asian female relationships are one of the most common interracial relationships you will see.

And on the personal level, yes. I do like Asian girls.

• it´s scientifically proven that Asians are the most prefered of all ethnicities :D i like them too but i also like most other ethnicity

• Asian girls can be cute and sexy!

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...628f47778c.jpg

• Asians are the best. You're popular, athletic and you get good grades. I think they feel as if they're not good enough for you.

• No, your right. Its because your intimidating to many who feel like its a lost cause. You should try and lay it on the guys for a change. We do live in a more modern society then the fifties..

• I never know if they're interested or not.

• and there lies the problem haha. Sometimes you really know, especially if you feel it in your stomach:-)

• Of course, there are lots of pretty Asian girls.

• Your better then decent looking. In my opinion the guys don't come and ask you out is because they don't think they are good enough or because you have the best grades and are basically #1. Also, I'm not saying its a bad thing, but maybe your standards are to high. I know plenty of girls who have high standards but that might be the reason.

• I don't have the best grades out of everyone because I take hard classes, but I'm pretty high up there. I see plenty of guys chase after really pretty, popular girls. I don't feel as though I put myself on a pedestal.

• I'll try that... the hardest part is finding a guy lol.

• I wish you luck in finding your guy.

• Wait until you go to college. You will get more chances. At highschool. boys are immature and mostly they wanted to have sex with hot and pretty looking girls only. they will dumb them after they get bored but yeah. Wait until you go to college. you will find someone will be interested in you..

• Yes, they do. In fact there's a fetish going on called "yellow fever".

• But like I said I live in a white community and don't know anyone with yellow fever

• I approve of them sometimes.

• Yes I have seen plenty of attractive Asian women.

• No pic? Can't tell with you but I fond Asian girls attractive sometimes. I also find white girls attractive sonetimes. And race can be pretty. Don't rush to date a guy who's worried about dating "the Asian girl"

• I had one but removed it. I'll put it back up.

• I do , but not the ones here in the U. S. They aren't all that open minded. Not trying to sound bitter, but that has been my experience 100% of the time.

• Thanks for your opinion! I somewhat agree.

• Oh I know why. They can let their parents run their lives, I'm too busy living mine.

• Thanks though. @Ihav2fart

• Yes, a lot of guys do in fact like Asian girls

• I've dated an Asian. Best gf I've ever had

• I think you look cute. Yes guys like Asian girls I'm one of them. They may be shy.

• silly you!!! i love you so much;)

• no... hehe

• You don't like Asian girls?

• If there is 1 reason why guys dont approach you, its probably because they think you are out of their league.

Honestly, you are really really cute :)

And I think the opposite might be even more true than what your saying. I personally suffer from the ''yellow fever'' :P

And im sure im not the only one :)

But I dont know what type of girl you are ( outgoing? shy and more reserved? ) that can play a bigger role, but believe me, you are really cute. Sure, some guys will prefer white girls, just like others would prefer black, or like me prefer Asians, but your look is defenitly not the reason why you are single :)

And, in most case also, even if you have a preference, that doesn't mean your not attracted to other races.

I would not say no to a really sweet white girl because she's not Asian or whatever.

• I'm pretty outgoing, but I'm not loud to a point where I obnoxious. I feel comfortable talking to people and large crowds (from cheerleading). Also thanks for your opinion :)

• oh and small question of topic if you dont mind, were you borned in asia or america? and if yes, where in asia?

• I was born in China

• Only for sexual satisfaction, never for love. Get over it.

• Would you mind explaining your opinion more?

• It seems to be true in small towns though, and I live in one.

• Well, I did pursue an Asian girl, didn't really care about her being Asian,
      at the end of the day, it comes down to physical and personal attraction with no regard to race whatsoever.

What Girls Said 6

• I think you are really cute and pretty! Guys must be stupid or blind not to notice you!

i'm Asian (1/2 filipina, 1/2 white, but look mostly Asian. skinny, petite, 5' 2", 30B, 22 waist, 28 hips).

I am 20 now. In high school guys ignored me coz i looked like a stick. I only date white guys and being Asian it was hard to get noticed. I was a A student and guys avoided me coz I was "a smart Asian girl" It was like i had a disease or something.

Most guys saw me as a little 12 yo girl even tho i was 16, 17, & then 18. The first guy i went out with when i was 16, i had to ask him out to the sadie hawkins dance.

You are a cheerleader so that puts you in front of the guys a lot. Either you got to set your sights on a guy you want OR you could tell your gfs on the cheer team you are looking for a guy to ask you out. Gfs are good to help scope out guys. I bet there are a lot of guys that think you are HOT, but they either think you are too young (coz us Asian girls look younger than we are), or you come across as too smart for them.

Just so you know, i only dated Asian guys 1 or 2 times. i dont like how i got treated and i know you are not there yet, but Asian guys suffer from "little man syndrome" in the "package" dept. Plus, when they sweat. they smell sour. White guys sweat and as long as they dont have B. O., they smell sexy to me.

White guys treat me really good and to them, Asian girls are exotic and if they can date one, they count themselves lucky!

Being petite and cute is worth it, even if white girls with blonde hair have big boobs. Big boobs usually = 2 brain cells and not much else. Guys get tired of them after a while.

Just my opinion.

Good luck. Asking a guy out is not a bad thing and you get a guy you want.

• Thank you for your advice! Most people think I'm older than I actually am so I don't think that's it. I'm from a small town so maybe college will be when I meet a guy that likes me. That sound kinda depressing though lol.

• I notice that people feel most comfortable approaching their own racial background.
    Perhaps, it's because they know they already share a mutual attraction to self (similar phenotype and characteristics) and background.
    It puts more of a pressure for someone to introduce themselves to someone from another ethnic background.
    They have to be willing to learn another culture.
    And okay with facing possible judgment from parents and peers.
    It's totally different when you approach a race different from your own.
    You're also wondering, do they find my race attractive?
    It's an added pressure.
    The only people that show the most comfort in doing so are the open-minded and those that may have prior experience.

I think you are a cute girl.
    How do you feel about yourself?

• I was adopted so I don't have an Asian culture. You're right though I've been asked if I only date Asian guys, but I always tell them no. I'd be willing to date any race. I'm also happy being myself, but I just wanted to get some other people's opinions.

• When you're quiet they don't know ur interested. So, I think it is a smart move to be a little flirty. They will look past the race and not create a barrier.

• I will try to be more flirty lol, but I'm not shy at all.

• Relax! You look 14.. ? They probably find you intimating. Do people at school, you're adopted?

• I'm older than 14. Yes almost everyone knows I was adopted.

• Guys like girls, thats it. I also think you don't clearly understand the term "yellow fever" but it's your choice to date someone that claims that they have it ooeh ×-×.

• Guys like all types of girls

• 0|0
    • No haha that girl is pretty, but I don't think I look like her.

• I took a new pic just now so you can see what I look like better.

• I see a blank picture. Where are you from? at my school lots of asain girls date popular guys.