Why do you call me lesbian?

I am fourteen, and a freshman in High School. I have a boyfriend, we have been dating for three months. However; EVERYONE at my school thinks I am a lesbian. Even my parents and sister has asked me if I was. They say I dress lesbian, but I wear colored skinny jeans with a black jacket and a t-shirt of marvel or v neck... I don't see how this is lesbian dress? Anyway, I just want to know HOW I can make people see I am not lesbian in the way I dress. The only place I could see them getting this idea from is the fact that my two best friends are dating each other... both girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• These people are 'bout dat bullshit! I wouldn't pay any attention to them, do what you wanna do!

What Guys Said 6

• Make out with your boyfriend in the middle of your living room while everyone else is home. That'll shut them up.

• If you don't dress girly then you might dress like a lesbian. If you wore more feminine clothes and less black, you'd look less like a lesbo.

• I think that it's because they think you dress lesbian. Well, you're not. So, just keep being yourself and be happy the way you are. Ignore them.

• It could be because your to best friends are lesbians and dating.
    The why you dress is how the media tells us lesbians dress. But who gives a rat's fart if you are or not and how you dress. It's got fuck all to do with anyone else it's your private life. As long as you're happy that's all that matters.
    You and your boyfriend shouldn't have to prove anything.

• Fug 'em. Do you and to hell with what they think.

• OMG I can definitely tell you're a closet lesbian, my gaydar is going off like fcking crazy!!! COME OUT ALREADY!

What Girls Said 4

• It's just a stereotype commonly portrayed in media that a lesbian dresses similar in style to what you wear. If you're really down to change your dress, try stuff that is a little more on the "girly" side -- but in my opinion screw everyone and dress however you like, the only opinion that matters is your own.

• People always think I'm straight. I'm not. I dress really feminine, dresses, skirts, make up, etc... But would you feel comfortable in those clothes?

• Hipster girls often give me gay vibes, at least how they look and dress. It's the androgyny of ur style

• They are just trying to get under your skin. Don't worry about it! So what if people think you're gay? You know you aren't, so does your boyfriend. That's the only thing that matters