Is everyone just lying to me or I'm I tripping?

So everyone is always like "you're so pretty", "I think you get a guy easily" but I feel all that is a lie. I sometimes look and myself and think wow I'm really pretty while other days I'm like wtf is even wrong with my face. Like yesterday I was told I was really pretty 3 times bad today when I was taking a selfie my sister was like eww you're so ugly

• Are the people calling me pretty lying?
  • Do I need to be thankful for the way I looK?
  • How would I know I actually look good?

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen to other people. If others tell you that you're pretty you should believe them, because they know how you look like more than you do. What you see in a mirror is just a reversed image of yourself, and you recognize that image as your true look because you are used to it, but then you take a photo and you think to yourself "this isn't how I look like when I look in the mirror", you might even think that it's an ugly version of yourself and that the camera is decieving you. In the same time, however, a friend of yours or a close person to you will say that it's a good photo of you. Truth is, what you look like in photos is exactly what you look like in real life, and thats why it doesn't seem bad or odd looking to your friends. However, your photo isn't as bad as you think it is, it is just mental, you compare it to what you see in the mirror everyday, that is why you feel like there is something off with your look the photo, where in reality there is nothing wrong with it. This is called mere exposure effect. So when people say you are good looking or pretty you better believe them, they know how you really look like more than you do. :)

What Guys Said 7

• Please avoid those mirror-like pictures. They are so annoying. I think you look pretty. Smooth hair, clear face. Prevent negative thoughts from coming into your mind when looking at yourself. Think about the positives and be proud of them.

• U be trippin' gurl! :O

• You would make a professional fisherwoman someday!!

• From what I can see you don't have any bad/unattractive things that you should be worried...

• I think u got sexier breast that's y u r attracted to people,,,

• Great boobs

• Your polls makes zero sense. Regardless listen to @your_boss960 she's right for once.

• I'm right most of the time..

• By saying that you just proved me right @your_boss960 let it go it was a compliment don't ruin it or I'll take it back

What Girls Said 4

• Beauty is subjective.
    I think you are a average looking girl... with some great features that a lot of men will like.
    Ex.
    Your breast
    Your hair
    etc.

When you have your own self confidence no bodies opinions will bother you anymore.
    You have to work on your self esteem.
    There will be days.. you think you're pretty.
    There will be other days... where you think you don't look as great (that's normal).

But be okay with who you are.
    You have to be in your body for the rest of your life... so why not start now?
    The true approval of oneself comes from within.

• Your pretty

People are not gonna tell ugly girls they're pretty. If u keep getting called pretty it's Bc u are. We all have "ugly days" no matter how fine u are but ur ugly day is prob better than an ugly girls pretty day

• You're tripping :) tbh I'm 25 & still have days where I feel the same way but its going to get better eventually you'll realise you're beautiful & learn to appreciate other ppls opinions/compliments without actually needing them ,, but until then you're beautiful & don't let insecurity get you down

• I have the same problem.. I think its just a part of growing up. And you are pretty..
    You need to accept yourself

• I try to but sometimes it's hard, thinking that they're just trying to make me feel better