Why does the world think less of you because of your height?

I'm BARELY 5'6. I know it could be worse but still... being that height almost completely excludes you from most professional sports (or makes it absurdly unlikely)... women often prefer guys who are above average or even tall... etc... and it's not like I had any say in the matter. In my fictional representations of myself I am usually 6'3 :P

Most Helpful Girl

• My fiance is 5'6". I'm 5'7"..
    It's really not a big deal

What Girls Said 2

• Hahaha 6'3" nice! But anyway, I'm one of the few people that merely notices height, and does not care. I don't understand why height is such a big deal. Like when I'm looking for jeans, they look like they're made for girls who are 6 feet tall! I'm 5'3" and I hate it. I feel so short all the time...

• you shouldn't be worrying about it if your a good guy with a great personality, a women won't care if your tall or short they will accept you the way you are. My bf is short and he always tells me he hates being short but guess what I don't mind if he is short I just love him the way he is and women will love you the way you are.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm 6'3 (lol I just read your mention of 6'3 after I started typing) and it's not ALL that great. Us "tall" people bump into lots of things and we can't fit on any bed less than a Queen size and we don't fit in back seats for most cars and it's just all around very uncomfortable to be this height. If you're 5'6 why don't you take up dancing or gymnastics or something similar where gravity is in favor of shorter people with leverage and all.

I know my height has definitely been a factor in my relationships and partners, but it's definitely not the only thing! My father is 5'6 and it doesn't mess with HIM at least :P. He's 53 years old with a six pack lol so I'm sure he went that route not just for health but to be attractive.

I suggest making the most of your height as you can't do anything about it. Accept it and find someone who will accept it as well :P Not everyone likes people my height. I love people who are around 5'0 give or take a few inches <3

• Is your mother tall? o0 that's unusual.. and why would you like short people?

• She is 5'7 lol. But she's Danish-Swedish (yes recently from Europe , not americanized white people lol. My grandparents all spoke their native languages.
      On the swedish side my cousins are like 6'5 and 6'7 and 6'8 lol. I'm the short one in that case xD

• @Asker Oh and I love short people cause shortness and being petite are what I usually notice first in people before I check them out and decide to hit on them (if they are attractive cause I just go for short people in general). Plus there are so many positions in bed that are much more fun with short people. I've made up my own positions (well came up with them along with partners to test them out with) and I know I've only ever been able to do everything I want if the person is short enough. Plus when I see a cute guy or girl who is short I just go aww that person must be really cute! Sometimes the person is not though and I just noticed their height first. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way. (Oh and I love small breasts, my favorite are A cups, then AA, then B, no more than C's lol. But I LOVE a big arse haha.

I hope this helps. I wish you feel better about yourself :3

• I'm not tall at all but I don't think the world think less of me... In sports, I play football (soccer) and I play against and with people way taller than me (6'1'' +) and it's not a problem..

In attraction, yeah I agree that women prefer taller guys. Still it doesn't effect me that much. It's only trivial, there are more things in life other than worrying about height.