Is my hairline receding or just maturing?

My profile pic is from September 25th and my temple part of my hair line was farther down than the center part. I have a widows peak now and my temple hairline went up half an inch. I just turned 21 and I asked my parents if it was receding but they said its maturing and it doesn't mean it will continue. I'm really starting worry even though my dad said its natural and happens to all males from 17 to 29. My hair is really thick so i can spike the front instead of having a fro look like before but I'm really panicking and self conscious.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't notice anything

• This pic is old now but i have a widows peak now and its so obvious to me and Im worried cause before I had an afro look and I can't do that I'll change my pic in a second.

• U still can past for 18. U have boyish looks.
      I knew a boy that was 17 (a while ago) and his hairline started in the middle of his head. That's how far it went back. Don't worry you're still attractive. Just keep concealing it the way you have been

• I felt good when I got carded today well buying alcohol tbh lol.

What Girls Said 1

• It's probably receding. My freinds older brother (19)
    Has a receding hairline but that's because he just had chemotherapy.

What Guys Said 3

• It's receded, but the vast majority of guys experience this. The only people who care are girls who are immature

• My concern is If it keeps receding. Its been 3 months and this happended so fast. My mom claims it hasn't moved and I told her she's lying and my dad just said its matured. I don't know what mtured means lol.

• Did yours continue to recede to stay where it was at?

• It continued, but you can try to see a doctor to determine what can be done if anything

• No one can give you any ideas whether it's receding or not.

If it keeps receding, you'll go bald and you'll have to deal with it. If it doesn't, then you're good to go.

• Well I was told men have a mature hairline by my dad who isn't bald at all and has a full head said he went through the same thing and it stopped.

• My grandpa had hair u til the day he died but I don't know about his brothers cause they died young so I never met them.

• You'll likely keep your hair then.

• Just Maturing