Do I have to fix my lisp or?

I have a little s lisp but not everyone notcies it, I am 17 now, and I am thinking of going into a therapist
I told my friends and they told me it's no big deal and it is not quite noticeable
At the same time I fear going to a therapist and my lisp wouldn't fade, I don't want to waste time and money though

A friend of mine went to speach therapy for over a 4 years and he doesn't fix his lisp, which makes me hesitant

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a lisp and it used to bother me so much, but now I don't really care. I see my lisp as a unique characteristic that I embrace. It's definitely not the worst thing in the world to have. Don't worry about it! It REALLY isn't that big of a deal. :)

• Thank you for the positive boost :)

What Guys Said 3

• you don't have to in my opinion.

fixing your lisp is needless unless you do jobs like singer or radio producer

• Not sounding creepy but lisp are sexy.. i would say take up speech therapy
    i had to take speech therapy but there's not shame in it.. usually a lisp is there
    for life but you can't feel self cautious about it.

• i had to say some told me its sexy, but it's not irritating me as much as it makes me fear saying sentences with s's in public, which makes me insecure sometimes

• Awwww i know what you mean
      there is one Wwe Wrestler Dean Ambrose
      got lisp.

• Fix it while you're young, you'll have exercises to do- I remember my buddy doing his speech exercises at his house while I did my homework and waited for my mom to pick me up.

• I'll give it try, thanks

What Girls Said 1

• I have one and it's a little noticeable. I've been bullied about it and mocked for it before. But now it seems to turn on plenty of guys. And when I mean turning them on, I mean turning them on enough to see the physical effects.

• So ambivalent about hitting a therapy tbh

• I've been to therapy at a young age, and went for quite some time too. I did manage to fix a lot of my letters like r, c, z but my lisp didn't change a lot. If it's not too time consuming or expensive just give it a try for awhile. But honestly I like those imperfections in people.