Why is it so important?

Why do Gagers care so much on getting opinions on how they look. Not to be mean but it's like be confident about yourself but not cocky either. You don't need any ones approval or judgement about yourself. It's your life live it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't asked a "how do I look question yet" because of this www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1229586-how-do-you-respond-to-being-called-ugly I'd rather not give people the right to call me ugly and lower my non existent self-esteem more >>

• YAY best answer thanks

• when they ask a rate me question they should already know that they run the risk of being called unattractive or being rate low by someone. Yet they always seem to get mad/talk crap to people. Never gets old but hey at least get something LOL while on this site

• screw my typing ah!!

something to LOL at*
      question, *

What Guys Said 5

• Because typically that's what some of them get on here for. To vent how nobody thinks they are attractive.

• Because they are completley insecure and need constant reassurance.
    Or they just love getting their ego rubbed from people saying nice things about them.

• All of them are under 18.

• Many people need others approval to feel good about themselves due to low self esteem.

• 8/10 pretty face

• I'm not asking you to rate me that is so unnecessary. I don't need other ppls opinion of me.

What Girls Said 5

• Because we live in a very superficial world.
    We are constantly judged on our appearances from day to day.
    You will not get certain jobs if you don't look a presentable way.
    You will not get dates if you aren't the least bit of attractive.
    You may get bullied or beat up if you don't fit into the standard of beauty, people think you should have.
    People also have to experience racism because of the way they look.
    We live in a world where the people that are shown on TV are given flawless appearances through
    airbrushing, photo shopping, make up, hair extensions etc.
    All of the ads, all of the commercials, all of the music videos, all of the celebs paint
    a message, that we have to look a certain way and be perfect.
    But what is perfect?
    It does not exist.

When real images are shown on TV and we can see people in their natural state.
    Maybe some of this will go away.

Looks affect your whole life aspect in every way.
    That is why it is important.

• Yeah i usually don't do the rating thing, unless maybe it's a younger person looking for a confidence booster.
    One thing I did learn on this site that guys are insecure about their looks too.
    I never thought that.
    HH

• Everyone needs some sort of validation about their insecurities. If GaG helps people get over those, great! I was so against it but even I asked one myself, and it helped me move on from my problem of 5-7 years.

• Actually, when a person lets you know how beautiful you are; it lets you know what league you may be in.

• People who are insecure need validation constantly and that's why they ask strangers. I think it's dumb too but when you're that insecure you can't really just "get over it" unfortunately