Really? Do I look like I could be a model?

So I'm insecure for teenage reasons (You know: growing up) Anyway, my friend turned round when I met her in town yesterday and said "Wow, Soph you look like you could be a model!" And then carried on talking about how she was jealous of me (Jokingly) But I had no idea what to say, I don't think I can be a model when I'm older!!! Models are beautiful... I'm average.

What was my friend talking about? Was she lying do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• I think "you could be a model" was really just her shorthand for saying that you looked very pretty and perhaps even a bit sophisticated compared to what she was expecting. That's a big compliment, but I don't think she was literally suggesting that you are likely to be a model.

Granted, almost anyone could be a model, depending on what you're willing to do as a model, but when most people say "model", they're specifically meaning a high fashion/runway model, and the truth is that very, very few women have what it takes to do that - in particular, the extreme height and low weight that runway models require. Many very beautiful women could not be fashion models because they are too short - in most cases, you need to be 5'9" or above.

Anyway, the point is; she was saying that you looked beautiful and had a nice body. It was a very nice compliment - just leave it at that and take it in the way she intended.

• You're very underage, you'll observe so many changes overtime. It's not safe to say that you'd be a model. Grow-up & then think again. BUT DON"T LOSE YOUR HOPES :)

• everyone can be a model basically no matter the looks.

but you're sweet anyway as i told you in another question, so there's no need to worry about your looks

• If Miley Cyrus can, you can.

• Hey we are birthday buddies! To answer your question, I would say your friend is right. You're quite pretty and could probably do that if you wanted.

• You look cute... beautiful eyes, sexy lips... but to be a model you need good figure... if you have that, than you can become... also yo need to be smart, frequent, and more sexier!!!

• I don't see an average girl in the picture. I see someone who is 100% jaw dropping beautiful. I think you can.

• I love average girls. They are hot

• Everyone can be a model for something as long as you're photogenic. I guess you're referring to nude models.
    Still you have pretty sweet face. This is enough.

• You can if you want to, from your profile picture you seem very pretty and photogenic

• Your 14 pedo alert lol

• Well... I'd really have to see you to know but on a real tho... If u think ur friend is genuine to u in most cases then she ain't telling u a lie... Girls font usually lie about girl talk like that

• Age: 14

Ahem...

• All types of models... would just depend on what she was talking about. Should ask her specifically what she liked best about you

• You're pretty average, if not below average. You could do ok as a pornographic model maybe, but you'll need a lot of makeup.

But then again, not all models are beautiful

• 0|1

What Girls Said 7

• You are wrong.
    Not all models are beautiful.
    I've seen plenty of ugly ones that only look good with hair extensions and make up.
    Being a model all has to do with how well you can photograph and how fast you book a job.

Do you look like a model? I have to see your body type , not just your face to see how she came to that conclusion.

• Hmm maybe models don't have to be pretty just unique, have presence, adaptable/changeable looks, be able to take criticism (lots of it)... if this is something you want then tbh you need to study fashion & practice pictures & poses in different kinds of lighting practice PRACTICE PRACTICE!.. also id suggest practicing your walk & makeup skills, aside from that you look like a cute little girl but the picture isn't modelish.. I'm not trying to be mean but imma makeup artist & I see what these girls go through & fashion/beauty is pain something refined over time. Goodluck

• Don't overthink. She wasn't lying. you're beautiful. and will be more beautiful.

• Actually there are many models who are so ugly! The most beautiful one for me is Adriana Lima! But yeah from face I can tell you are pretty , I dont know how your body looks like. :)

• No. She may have found you attractive, but was more than likely over exaggerating. You're average to me.

• u luk pretty but i can't see a full pic? xxx

• Depends on your height, weight, measurements, your mind (!!) and a lot on your face - which can't be judged from one picture alone. It's a tough business.

• Yeah I know... I don't really want to go into the modelling business I was just curious about what my friend had said... I want to go down the academic route and study English Literature, Ancient History and Philosophy. :D