I am naturally skinny I can't help it. Why are they picking on me?

People are always picking on me for my weight. I'm not underweight or anything. I have a fast metabolism and its VERY hard to gain weight. I exercise to be healthy and I eat a lot and healthily. I like my body but other people are bringing me down. They think I'm starving my self and exercising to get skinnier but I do it to be HEALTHY... My friends watch me eat and everything and they are always commenting and saying I need a huge ass and I have chicken legs and all that.. .:'( I look healthy!!! Should I not care? Everyone seems to be thinking that all girls have to be curvy girls with huge asses, and I'm feel really bad about my body right now. I can't help it... Also girls are always saying guys hate skinny they like curvy women and all that malarkey..

can anyone help me with my second question as well? :D thanks for all the nice ops everyone!

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't care. theyre jealous. I went through the exact same thing in high school, everyone always said I was anorexic or a size zero, when really I was like a size 5! I played hockey and worked out 6 days a week. After awhile when people made comments Id just start saying "well if you want I can give you a copy of my work out regimen." And that usually shut people up. I hated it, people can be so rude! The people who say stuff like that are just insecure and are trying to make themselves feel better.

• I didn't want to be stronger, I'm a girl I don't want big muscles, I wanted speed and endurance. If you want strength do strength training. I didn't so I did mostly cardio.

• Plus playing hockey for 8 hours a week alone will make you stronger and more fit. I have very strong legs from skating my whole life. It works muscles you don't work when you run.

What Guys Said 13

• Welcome to the club of the skinny people, we get picked on most of the time but no one thinks it's offensive because we're not fat.
    I'm skinny not because I chose to be skinny, but because I was born this way. I eat like a pig and I never gain weight. I don't exercise regularly and I still don't gain weight.
    Tell them to fuck off or just simply ignore them.
    I personally don't care if a girl is skinny, physically I focus more on her face, but after all, personality is what matters.
    Oh, just to clarify to those who pick on skinny people: no, we're not anorexic, there's a huge difference.

• If you know what you are aiming for, how to do it, and that you're doing it for yourself then believe in that and ignore what others think. You are the one who should be taking care of your body to make it the way YOU want it which is fit and healthy. That's what you're doing so be proud of yourself and your body. Don't let others turn you down.

• Many of the girls who say all that shit about 'men hate skinny' and 'real women have curves' are usually obese and jealous.

I love slender girls. There's a girl at work who is still tiny (5'1, 105lbs) despite being in her 30s and I think she's beautiful but she feels insecure about her looks too!

Take the good message from all those fat acceptance types and love yourself the way you are - if you are naturally skinny, rock it :)

• I like slender girls, this "problem" if yours is something that should be envied, not made fun of. If only I found it hard to gain weight, I'd be fine with being a little skinny guy, it'd be more fun than being the chubby dude... But then... It'd be hard to push people around in sports so...

• DO NOT CARE. you're doing the best you can with what you have so don't worry about it. yes, we are more attracted to curvier girls. continue with your healthy diet and exercise and fuck anyone who hates. you have the face of an angel and bitches are just jealous about that. even the sexiest bodies lose value over time but face never does.

• Thanks :), But it really worries and upsets me that guys like more 'curvy' girls, I have curves there just not huge!

• lol 9/10 ON A BAD DAY? lol I don't think so..:P Idc if I don't have a huge ass or tits. LOL, thanks.

• look, there's no reason for me to lie. seriously, you're fucking gorgeous. don't worry about anything.

• It's not fat curves alone really that much at all that are oh so attractive. It's fit girls... the ones who work out and have gorgeous thighs, toned arms, flat stomach ! !!

Google "fit girls"

• Yeah that's attractive but, some guys are assholes that have unrealistic standards these days..

• Lol I don't know I mean...
      We don't understand why most girls don't work out with weights.

• haven't you explained them that you have a fast metabolsm so you can't gain?

• I'm a guy, I say ignore them. Do what you want to do for yourself not others in terms of how healthy you want to be.

• Would you be mad if someone called you awesome? That's kind of what is happening here

• You shouldn't care at all, they are just jealous of you.
    Girls who say guys hate skinny girls just have too much fat on their bones and therefore try to bring people down who are likely to be more attractive to most guys.

• People just pick on anyone just because. I always got picked on because i was skinny or i would get the backhanded compliments. Generally people say stuff because they are jealous. Just do your best to ignore it

• stop playing the victim

• If you like your body, why should it matter what others think?

What Girls Said 9

• If you're healthy, tell them to shove it. Some guys like curvier girls (like me) and some guys like skinnier girls or girls who are fit. Some guys just like girls in general.

• They are jealous or worried about you. (Jealous is more likely.) just continue to do you and enjoy the hand you were dealt :)

• They are likely jealous as long as you are healthy you shouldn't care what they say.

• If are healthy, they are only picking on you because they are jealous

• You have to learn to bot care. Im naturally skinny and it's nearly impossible for me to gain weight. I can't help it you can't help it. Just be happy you're healthy:)

• Good job, keep it up. On the eating, What's your BMI?

• Tell them to go eff themselves you're beautiful I saw your picture next time tell them well" I rather be skinny and healthy than fat and sick " , I was also bullied at school for being skinny but my mom told me to tell them what I said

• Ignore them. They're jealous.

• Girl, I am the same. Except I don't exercise ):
    Don't listen to them.
    I just ignore everyone who seem to think weight and appearance is everything.