Is being tall a turn off?

Ok so I feel tall. I'm taller than my boyfriend, luckily not by much, and I'm not as tall as all of my friends, but sometimes I feel really tall. I'm 12 and five two. (Is that really tall?) anyways I just wish I was shorter. Not like little couple short but even if I was just a little smaller I'd like it better. Seriously though why do small people hate being small so much?
So I just want to know if being tall is a major turn off, or is it just normal, I guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'2 is not tall all, matter of fact that short, but it maybe average for someone your age. In the eyes of a 12 year old girl 5'2 may seem tall, because all the boys your age haven't hit their growth spurt yet unlike most girls your age who have ( boys don't really start showing growth until around 14-15 years old). So you may be taller then the average guy your age, but in about 2-3 more years all those boys are going swell up to 5-6 inches taller then they are now. You may get lucky and peak at 5'5 or 5'6, but you will still be much shorter then even the average guy.

So enjoy your ''tallness'' as much as you can right now because it won't last.

What Guys Said 6

• That's not very tall. You got nothing to feel uncomfortable about because being tall is not a turn off. It's not a requirement for the girl to be shorter and there is nothing bad about the girl being taller. So relax. Be proud about having a good friend and enjoy your life in every way you can.

• One, you're too young to be dating. You're too young to even have a Facebook. Focus on your education and family.

Second, that is not tall, even for your age.

And third, girls start puberty before boys, but they end puberty before boys too. Girls will normally stop growing in height at around 16, while boys don't stop growing in height until at least 18 (sometimes they'll keep growing until they're 20).

• Although you are too young to be dating, I am not telling you to break up with your boyfriend.

• no it's not.

many girls at your age are 5'2" because they get into puberty earlier than the boys.

• That's not really tall. It may be for 12 year olds, but your growth may slow. That means that you may not grow as much. Even if you still grow to be tall, I'd wouldn't find that as a turn-off.

• I had a girlfriend 3 in taller then me but man did she had leg that go from here to heaven

• You ain't that tall. You bf will probably grow taller than you. And long legs are sexy.

What Girls Said 8

• Hahahahahahahahahahaha 5'2? No, you're tiny! Don't worry. He'll grow. Odds are you'll stay where you are.

You're too young for a boyfriend anyway (no offense) so when you're actually old enough for one everyone will think you're tiny.

• Your height is going to change over time, don't stress about it too much. For some guys it may be a turn off, but I guarantee there are also plenty of guys who find it attractive :)

• Well I wouldn't think it matters. I was 5'4 when I was 12. And now I'm about 5'8. I also don't think anyone should hate their height just because the people around them are taller or shorter than them.

• You're 12 and have a bf? Lawd.

Also my little sister is 12 and 5ft and everyone says how short she is for yer age. 5'2 isn't tall at all... at your age I was like 5'5 or 5'6, now I'm 5'11

• yes and No im 15 and 5'10 it sucked at first but some boys actually like tall girls.
    In middle school most boys were short but in my high school a lot of guys are 6'0+

• I wish I had a bf at 12 lol.

• you're 12 hunny wtf

• You're 5'2? That's not tall. At all