Why is it my boyfriend's teeth look different every time I see him?

Sometimes they look a little yellow, sometimes they're pearly white. Sometimes they look gapped, sometimes they look together. What gives?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yellow: Hasn't brushed in 12+ hours
    White: Just brushed <2 hours ago
    Gapped: Flossed <2 hours ago

After many hours without brushing, there is a "grime" on and between teeth giving them a yellow and appearance. Many people actually have gapped teeth but saliva fills in the space between making them look continuous.

What Guys Said 4

• You're dating a pair of identical quadruplets who trade places with each other and pretend to be the same person.

• Probably chewin' tobaccie behind yer back!

• He may be part of Al-Qaeda sleeper cell.

• It sounds like he's pretty irregular and slacks off on hygiene.

What Girls Said 4

• OMG that's how one of my ex's teeth was!! I was creeped out when I noticed the changes but I realized mine is the same way... When I don't drink enough water/ when my mouth is dry my teeth get dull yellow and gappy, when I eat fried foods my teeth get yellow aswell and when I eat non greasy food/eat healthy and drink plenty of water my teeth look nice and white... Sometimes I even wake up with white teeth but when I'm sick they look yellow and dull... I repeated things I know lmfao but you get what im trying to say right?

• If there are literally gaps then no gaps and actusl yellow to pearly white... Sounds like snap in veneers.

Brushing makes a difference but it does not go from yellow to pearly white. And brushing does not fill in gaps lol

Id find it odd that he wears them sometimes and not others. You'd think he'd want to be consistent.

That or you're hallucinating :)

• maybe he has a poor oral hygiene

• Sometimes he brushes, sometimes he doesn't.