Is Beauty Score or Golden Ratio accurate?

I was using two apps called Beauty Score and Golden Ratio, and they rate your facial attractiveness based on I guess symmetry and math. So you place the dots on the corresponding parts of your face, blah blah, and they score you. Well I'm curious but are they accurate apps? I scored a 5 out of 10 and then I scored a 6 to of 10 when I changed it and then I used a different one and I got a 0.1 out of 10. Seriously? But people in real life say I'm pretty/beautiful... but people have said to take these apps with a grain of salt.

And honestly when I used Anaface. com it scored be an 8.13 out of 10. I have NO IDEA what to believe.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll speak as a programmer. Golden ratio takes into account three dimensions while photos only have two. The amount of adjusting you have to code for is staggering not to mention that the user is being asked for input other than the picture itself. It's would be a ridiculous mess of code.

If you didn't get any of that, try this: it's not accurate and you don't need to validate yourself with apps. You have what you have and you have to make due with it.

• Well I don't want you to make me feel better and feel more "validated" and tell me what I want to hear. I mean I'm going to trust you on the fact that you are a programmer but if it's really accurate then tell me and I'll deal with it. And duh I think we all know deep down that we need to be happy with the way we look and and stuff. But it's weird because when I use different apps and websites, I get different answers and people also tell me I am good looking in real life.

• No need to thank me, teen years are a tough time, but you'll manage. Good luck!

• Haha yeah I know they are, I am super confused about things going on around me. But I appreciate your helpfulness and your patience.

What Guys Said 3

• The golden ratio is actually a number used to create a perfect, infinite spiral. To calculate it you need to have a golden rectangle, and then you have to make a golden spiral so that you bisect the rectangle into a golden square and another golden rectangle, repeat and make your spiral

This is what the golden ratio is, basically.

media.creativebloq.futurecdn.net/.../...spiral.jpg

I have no idea why something used to calculate perfect spirals is used as a "how do I look" app though. Don't see the connection.

• To a certain extent, yes. It tells you how attractive your bone structure is.

Eyes, hair, skin, lips, teeth, smile all play a role in a person's attractiveness, and those apps don't take these features into consideration.

• ... my bone structure? What is that? Like cheekbones?

• Yeah well from what I saw they were in the right spot but the picture itself was horrendous! And both of the deformed faces scored like a 6 or 7.

• Haha I'm curious see what you look like now so I can compare what I think of you to your scores.

• They are accurate. However you have to remember that "Beauty" is not "Attractiveness". They are different things.

• Well yes but I mean physical beauty. Why do people tell me I'm pretty if I scored a 0.1 out of 10? And I'm thinking that is RIDICULOUS because no one in this world is truly ugly and you know that's true. Then when I used a different app, I got a 5 out of 10 and when I tried the same app again I got a 6 out of 10. Then I tried Anaface and I got an 8.13 out of 10. Like what the heck is happening? I keep getting different answers and I have no idea what believe. What do you think?

• It does but without a source that is actually viable (read as: Paid For) you're not getting the best for data points and facial mapping. ,_, Also I am uglier than you by anaface.

• Ahhhhhh I see. You mean to say that the free apps are inaccurate because people don't have to pay to use them? So what IS an accurate way to calculate facial symmetry? To do it by hand?

What Girls Said 3

• Golden ratio is a geometric ratio that is the equation of perfection. Like Fibonacci numbers. Believe what you believe about yourself. Besides the app doesn't take into account all the other measurements it'd need for the ratio to be correct.

• i downloaded golden proportion, took as front on a pic as i could (looks so bad without angles) and it said 8.9/10

i don't think i have good facial proportion. i think it's wrong.

• I want to try those apps is it for iPhone?

• It's for iPhone, iPad, etc. But seriously do you think it's accurate? You can try it out and then tell me your score please. I want to know because you're pretty and I don't know how you'll score.

• Some do but I don't really believe it since I don't trust males and I know that people who love me will tell me I'm pretty even if im not I don't know im not attracted to myself but I still love me

• Yeah well I guess it's a matter of confidence... and I'm 15... usually teen girls don't have that much confidence lol