Is makeup a turnoff for guys, why?

For you is makeup a turnoff? How much makeup? And if so what's the big issue with it? Just wondering because some people have told me yes whereas others has said it's alright.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly, yes. The biggest turn off when it comes to make-up for me personally is when girls wear make-up daily, or at school. Especially if they are trying to cover up their insecurities. Usually, the more make up, the worse. I personally feel make-up should be reserved for special nights, which only occur ~12 times a year. Christmas, New Years, Birthday. And even at these special occasions, I think the make-up should be worn in an artistic, creative, expressive and obvious way, not in a cover-up "natural" looking way.

The most important though is to not care about what other people think. Do what YOU want to do and don't wear it for OTHERS because of YOUR insecurities. If you are just you, then you won't wear make-up for any reason BUT self-expression, which puts you in the green. Wear it for you, not for others.

What Guys Said 2

• i'd like it if a girl doesn't wear any make-up at all.

• If you wear make up, make it look like a natural look... No purple blush... No rosy pink blush... Nored lipstick... Natural looking.

What Girls Said 2

• u have had people say 2 different things because it depends on the person and what they like, there's not a general rule of what all guys like, they are all different

• Because it's fake and tacky af.
    Why else?
    I personally can't even stand men with freaking eyeliner on (the kind that doesn't look feminine).