My gf is scaring me. Can you guys take a look at her picture and help me make her see how beautiful she is before she kills herself with dieting?

We got into an argument yesterday cuz she hasn't really been eating much lately besides lettuce and shit and I was trying to step in before she gets some type of eating disorder. Tbh she doesn't seem at all like she's becoming anorexic, she's just getting kinda crazy bout losing weight cuz she got an email from her mom asking her if she's still a fatty. Guess doesn't help my last two gfs were size 00 and she doesn't trust it's coincidence. Thought if I put a pic of her up for strangers to share their thoughts I can prove to her she doesn't need to be dieting so stupidly. Love her to death, but she needs to stop letting shitty people convince her she's lacking. Help me out guys, what do you think? This is a pic I took from her Instagram. Cut her head off so she won't kill me for letting the world know she's as insecure as the rest of the population.

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v8jvas&s=8#.VM4pvtm9LCQ

Most Helpful Guy

• damn... her body is FABULOUS!

why she wants to lose weight... please convince every acquaintance, friend, relative of yours and hers to tell her to STOP!!!

if you gather about 25-30 people or so telling her to STOP, i believe she might listen to you.

please show my message to her if you can... she must realise that most guys don't want skinny girls, and it's all media's fault by pressuring the girls to look "ideal"

What Girls Said 13

• She needs to clean her mirror but she isn't fat. Starving herself is only gonna fuck her metabolism up tho

• When your mum!!! That one person who is the one you look upto has always been a main figure in your life asks if your still a fatty that is going to cause some serious doubt in your mind but she is not a fatty and tbh if she lost any weight would not be attractive

• I don't think she really looks up to her mom. From what I understand her mother's a really abusive person. Or is that like a chemical thing that females can't help but naturally look up to their mothers irregardless of how they treat them because of the mom being like the first female influence in their life? I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't know that dynamic.

• That's fucked up

• Its true John bowlby was a theorist and I've seen child abuse cases were its best for the child to be taken away from the family and the child cries and wants to go home with the parents. To them its still there mum and dad and dont know different to them its normal.

• You are an incredible person.

But uh... I don't know if this is right or not, but you make it sound more like she's starving herself, not dieting. First of all, dieting won't do shit if you don't work out, too. And "losing weight" is a joke to me, "toning your body" is more correct. Basically, I don't judge my body based on how much I weight (a number)---I judge it by how I look in the mirror (what actually matters).

I don't really believe in the word "dieting" anymore, anyway, since it's just thrown around everywhere, I believe in proportioning and making healthier choices, but "eating lettuce and shit" is not what you would call dieting.

• Well she calls it dieting. I call it wasting away. By lettuce and shit I mean she out of nowhere decided she's a vegetarian and stopped eating bread after she read her email. And then when she learned Ghandi was a fruitarian and saw how skinny he was she decided she was a fruitarian. She stopped talking as much and when I asked her why she said "I should only speak if my words improve the silence" and she does yoga constantly and started going to a martial arts class and in the past two and a half months she's lost 45 lbs that I know of though probably more. She's just lifeless. She seems content, but in a way as though she's high off her ass and up in the clouds. I'm fine with the attitude change, but I just wish she'd regain some of the weight cuz I can see her bones and she can't sit on the couch with me unless she has a pillow under her bum. And any time I bring up what she eats or how skinny she's gotten she either laughs in my face and just shakes her head saying "you're blind if

• I don't want to be pushed out of the way though. She's the best person I've ever known and I've even been thinking about proposing, but then all this started happening and now I'm just scared she could take this too far and wind up dying.

• Of course you don't want to be pushed out of the way. But I'm saying she seems so tunnel visioned on this "weight loss" that she's obsessive over it---extreme. It's no where near healthy for her and your relationship with her. Happiness is always about balancing, and she's riding in the extremes. She won't even talk to you seriously about this problem... :/ I would say she needs to be educated on how the body actually works, general health, and what she's actually doing to your mind and body.

• Your heart is in the right place but I don't think you should let her know you've put her picture online.. I don't see that going down too well.

I think if you keep on telling her to stop and giving obvious attention too it, it will make it worse lol.
    Just cook her favourite meal or have a movie and include a snack of popcorn or something.

If she's just dieting, let her diet haha.
    If it turns into something more then be ready too step in :)

• I've done that already though. That's why I'm so concerned. Like for NYE I had saved up and taken her to a really fancy restaurant, but she just acted really distant and uncomfortable and kept fidgeting with the silverware. She wouldn't even order anything other than a diet soda and a plate of fruit that she hardly are half of, claiming she had a migraine and didn't feel up to eating anything much. I just don't know what to do anymore and am hoping that this will get her attention.

• You say you love her to death. hmmm... but Anorexia kills if not prevented eventually... Isn't that ironic, that you said that?

It's a white man's disease. I wouldn't know what to say except she's made her choice.

No she looks slim. Not fat at all.

• Well about the people not needing food... Only the people with high spirituality or an elevated mind who can do that. Most of us here are dense and need food to survive since we are here to experience the physical.

• Ummm you or your gf are not fat.

• I don't have boobs... My penis kinda prevents that... But thanks

• Saw this picture loads of times already.. And no, you are not fat. You look perfectly fine. No need to create fake make accounts ;D

• I swear this is not a fake account. Ik she's had an account on this site, but she actually cut off all internet sources and even shut off her phone in the last month or two. I don't know exactly when she did it. I didn't know that she posted questions like this. And honestly hearing that she has only scares me more because it shows she's had a problem way longer than I've known about

• I think she is okay
    No need to lose weight

• Seen this picture before...

• Try having another heart to heart conversation with her

• Her body is a 5

• I really don't care what number it is to other people, I care for tallying up the general census of whether she's fine as she is or if she needs to lose weight. Cuz I'm sure that most people will be able to see that she doesn't and I'll be able to shock her out of these fucked up habits.

• "Not really good but not bad either" and who made you the decider of what's good, bad, and normal? Just couldn't resist critiquing...

• I'm not. I just think it's easy for people to be able to agree on whether somebody looks healthy enough or not. And before she got so scary obsessed she did look healthy. At least I think so and I'm hoping others will agree.

• From the way she took her picture and the fact that she put it on Instagram, it doesn't seem like she is insecure about her body. Not insecure enough for you to step in, at the least.

• Its a picture she took before she started getting all "I have to be 90 lbs" and obsessive. She's lost quite a sum, but I want to base this off of what she looked like BEFORE she start going all out to lose weight and become twig skinny.

• Haha now you're under a male account?

• I'm confused. I'm definitely a male. Penis and all. Whoever you think I am I'm definitely not lol

• Well that's news to me. Maybe her insecurity has been a more lasted thing than I'm aware of. I thought it was just something that popped out of nowhere. Thank you, now I'm only more sure my concern for her safety is something I should be worried about.

• Okay. Continue to bullshit...

What Guys Said 6

• she great as she is!

• First of all, she's got a nice body, probably has a bit of meat in the thigh and butt region. You lucky duck, congrats on the catch my friend.

But this seems to be just a step above typical female insecurity. She takes others comments too seriously, mom asking if she's still a fatty is clearly an attempt at a friendly joke. Even if it was serious criticism, not something to obsess about. I think most of it is fueled by a combination of her not looking what she thinks she's supposed to look like, and he inner doubt of you thinking she is attractive (the two skinny ex girls).

This is a common phase, and no outside input will change her mind. I say let her do the dieting, but keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get out of control (eating extremely small portions of food per day, or not eating at all). Nothing anyone here says will have any impact, your her bf, part of the reason she's doing is because she thinks deep down you prefer a slimmer figure.

Remember how girls minds work man. Why do they get their hair done? To get a bf. Why do they have issues with their body image? Because they think they won't be able to get a bf. Why do they give a rats ass what an ex looked like? To see what you prefer, and if they can meet the stadards. I think you get the point.

This is all on you and her man.

• . A. Thankyou, she definitely had an amazing body when this pic was taken haha B. You certainly sound like you have a good understanding of women, but I don't. Can you give me any advice on how do I show her that i honestly don't want a skinny girlfriend. I want her as she was healthy and sexy and beautiful and delicious. I don't know how to drill it in her head that I'm not faking her out and I seriously loved her body before she started starving herself like this. Her scale records her weight and last time I was at her house it was 84.7 -I hate what she's doing to herself and if you're sure it has so much to do with her not believing then please help me and tell me how to make her believe me, cuz I don't want to lose her

• No we were always really close, it was just that one email that started everything. Ten it kinda spun into a tornado. How can that possibly be healthy?

• 84 lbs is reasonable for her height. But you really need to put your foot down, simply talking it out won't do much. This is her obsessive thinking, it will take action to change it. She still in the safe zone, but 84 is indeed walking that fine line.

• U sure u wanna put her business out there...

Anywho, there's nothing wrong with her, I don't know her, if u feel her view of herself is dangerously being warped to the point it could affect her health, then help her

On the other hand, she's a grown woman and she can do whatever she likes, so if she's not happy about the body she has she can change that, the opinion that should matter most in regards to her looks should be HER OWN. I believe in being the best u, u can be and i don't have any problems with dieting or eating better

If u want, suggest that she talk to a Certified Personal Trainer, preferably one with a nutrition/food science bachelors degree

• I don't care if she wants to lose weight I just care that it seems she wants to only to shut her mother up and it worries me HOW she's going about it. The last part you said about a professional is great advice, but I don't know to get her to talk to one. I've brought twice and she just gets really defensive and winds up shutting me out. Any advice on how to get her to meet with one?

• She used to burn and cut herself in grade school, but I've never heard anything about her previously having an eating disorder. Maybe you're right and I'm just blowing this a little bit out of proportion. I don't know. Thanks

• Like i said, the only good advice i can give is to support her (not enable her) and listen to what she tells u

• in my opinion, the girl on the pic looks normal , certainly not 'fat'. A normal girl is more rounded than a grade 5 or grade 6 girl.

• Her arms are already stick thin, not my type. If she starves herself, it'll honestly just get worse. Like, she'll get malnutrition or whatever.

• Tbh she could probably lose 5 pounds so just let her do it she'll lose that little bit of fat and then be fine :)

• Just let her starve herself for the sake of five lbs? You're an idiot

• She's not going to die if she loses 5 pounds she can absolutely afford five pounds she will be healthier and she'll look better and she'll be healthier there's no reason not to... Let her do it like wtf...