I think I look too old for my age?

I am an 18 year old and will be 19 in 3 months. People tell me I look 21-26. I have also been called "adult looking" or "mature looking". This is making dating very difficult because girls my age think I'm too old for them and I don't have enough experience to go after a 24 year old. I'm a little on the chubby side and my haircut isn't the best. Could loosing weight and changing up my hair help. Am I looking too far into things, does looking older than my age really matter that much? I'm confused?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no picture...

• But ummm ya it matters

• Do you really believe that there is someone for everyone?

• I honestly do. I think everyone is born with a soulmate in mind.

What Girls Said 3

• Many people have told me I look a lot older than my age, too. Obviously you can't really tell from a photo (profile picture), but for me, it's the makeup.

• I'd say go for an older gal.. But you'd be surprised.. Most of us can tell if your young.. ;/

• I have the same problem with guys except I look about 16 so teen ages keep hitting on me, its really frustrating. Honestly there isn't much you can do about it and people never really stop judging you for it.

• I would rather look 16 at 18 than look 25 at 18.

What Guys Said 3

• err rhow can we tell without seing your pic? :-P

• I'm not a high enough xper level or whatever. I would post a pic if I could.

• I am in the same boat, I'm 18 and look about 25. I love it though, girls always like older guys, so looking older is a big advantage in getting girls my age.
    Can't really tell you how to look younger, never tried.

• Why don't you go for older girls then? In the 21-26 range, that's not really too old at all.

• I don't think I'm experienced enough.