Why do I think I'm unattractive?

For some reason I am always insecure with myself, I am always shy and people always say I'm quiet. But what confuses me is that girls often say I'm cute and that sort of stuff, but then why am I like this? I've always thought that I'm ugly and that sort of thing and that's why I'm always away from other and I feel like a total outcast.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh sweetie. You are not ugly at all. You are cute. And you will turn into a handsome man for sure. Don't worry. You are young and propably feel insecure. It's normal.

There is also nothing wrong with being shy and quiet. People are different. And your personality might even change as you get older and get past your insecurities.
    When I was your age I was really shy but I'm not anymore. Try acting, maybe it will help you too. :)

Be brave, don't be ashamed of yourself. You are valuable person and even if you didn't have a lot of friends now, you will find your place someday and get good friends. You are not ugly :)

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you're just introverted, nothing wrong with that. At 16 most teens just want to fit in but as you get older you'll understand that everyone is different and everyone has insecurities. You're not ugly by far. They probably say you're cute because you have sort of a baby face still, but don't worry because guys with baby faces grow into very nice looking men! Hang in there!

• I think I'm disgusting, but when I come to think of it I can count on my fingers how many times people said I'm uggs... Idk? Maybe because you compare yourself to hot TV actors and celebs too much?

What Guys Said 4

• You are at that age where insecurities pop up, you care too much about what other people think and your hormones are kicking in. You look fine, hopefully you can realize that confidence is what will make you good looking, and it is a contradiction that your looks are what make you insecure, when it is your insecurities that make you unattractive. Be confident and you will be attractive. It will take time, but just keep remembering how silly it is, and especially that what other people say, especially the bad stuff, doesn't fucking matter.

• dude your haircut kicks ass. (it resembles mine as well :-P)

whoever calls you unattractive, point him your middle-finger

you look great in my opinion

• Probably because you are just 16, its normal at that age.. kind of

• You remind me of myself when I was your age. You look younger than you are which sucks now but later on in life you'll be glad - gotta look on the bright side. I think you'd look better of you cut your hair, also maybe start doing some sort of weight training whether that be lifting barbells or just doing body weight exercises at home, eat more good stuff and bulk up a bit, that will make you look older.

As for your shyness, you just have to force yourself into situations that make you feel uncomfortable. Too many people think to themselves "I'll do this when I get the confidence to do it" but it doesn't work like that - you have to do the thing that scares you FIRST, and THEN you get the confidence because you realise it wasn't such a big deal. For example the first time I gave a girl my number after she asked me, my heart was pounding. Now I think nothing of asking a girl for her number, putting my arm around her, going I'm for a kiss etc. And more lol. That will come with time as long as you don't allow your shyness to hold you back.