Am I really that tall?

Please dont start with all that "you're too young to blah blah blah" stuff because that's not why I asked this.
So I know I'm not a giant freak, but im just wondering if im taller than average. I'm twelve and five two. I've already hit puberty. My family always comments on how tall i am and I really don't like it. The friends that are taller than me just usually tell me at least I'm not that tall. Some of my other friends are smaller than me though. I'm actually taller than a lot of my female teachers and I'm even almost taller than both of my parents. I read online that im average to most people, but I still don't understand why everyone says I'm so tall, and why do I feel so tall? Also is that tall?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is your lucky day ! I am a pediatrician :)
    So the fact that you hit puberty means that you dont have much left in growing.. Of course it depends on which stage of puberty are you.. So i would predict that when you grow up you are going to be average or just above average.. For now, yes you are tall but trust me you will be fine..

What Guys Said 5

• if you're 12 and 5'2" it's normal for a girl your age... maybe on the taller side but not extremely tall.

most girls are taller and bigger than the boys at this age basically, because boys hit puberty later.

• You are taller than average.

• I hit 5'7'' at 14, according to this place, it's very tall for the age.

But now I'm 5'8'' :(

• First of all, being tall means having long legs, being more elegant and generally looking better in dresses and other clothes. I don't know why girls always try to put down tall girls, maybe 'cause tall girls are the most attractive ones. Second, 5'2 is not tall at all. I know so many 13 and 14 year old girls who are 5'8 and 5'9. You are not even close to that.

• Tall for your age maybe, but the average height of a grown women is like 5 foot 4 inches

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't sweat it. I was exactly the same as you. I was head and shoulders taller than everyone at school growing up. When I was little, it was predicted I was going to be 6ft 3. Just like you, I hit puberty early - my breasts started growing when I was 9, I was having periods when I was 12. And then... I just stopped. I got to 13 years old, and I never grew again.
    I'm 5ft 5, so I'm average height really.

You only feel tall because you're surrounded by stunted midgets. But don't worry, they'll catch up with you. You were just pro at growing, the best of us are. :)

• no you're not THAT tall. you're on the taller side, but you will definitely grow into it. they're probably just saying you're tall because you're still growing up, and they're used to seeing you so young and little. how are your parents almost 5'2 though? thats really weird your dad should be at least 6 inches taller than you lol. your mom is probably short though. a lot of women are shorter. i'm 5'3 and i'm 20.

• 5'2" is super short. I'm like a whole foot taller.

• Well at your age I was 4'10-4'11. I am only 5'1.25 right now and I doubt I am growing anymore.

• What? Your father is bellow 5'2?
    It depends on when you hit your period, tbh..
    If you just hit it, and are already 5'2 that's tall.. Hell yeah..
    But if you've had it since, 9 and you are 5'2; you're not going to grow much taller.
    5'2 is actually on the short side for adult women.

• No I said I'm ALMOST as tall as my parents. They're still taller than me of course... I started my period over a year ago...

• Ooh wow.. So you are pretty tall.

• 5'2"? That's not tall. My cousin is 13 and she's 5'10".