What are your thoughts on having braces when you're twenty?

So I've known I've needed braces for quite some time, but I'm finally making the time for them and I was told I might have them for up to 3 years... Yikes. It's not that my teeth are so fucked up they're hard to look at, they're all pretty straight. They just need to bring two teeth down that are too stubborn to come down themselves. Anyways, what are your thoughts? Super unattractive? Not a big deal? I just feel that this might be another reason for people to think I look like I'm 12. Meh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, its a beauty investment. It may close some doors to your perfect man for these 3 years. But to be honest, any guy will date and shag a willing girl (braces or not), so just have fun and don't worry about it. You are young and at age 23 when they come off, you will have better teeth to smile with for the rest of your life with a guy you like. I have a little tooth problem and I may need this now, and I regret not doing it when I was younger.

• That's what I figured. And honestly, I'm not looking for a guy anyways. I've always been happy being alone so I don't think it will be a huge deal. Just annoying for now.

• Yeah... its one of those things (like maths ha ha) Just make the best of it. As mentioned, its an investment. One less thing off your plate when you meet your awesome man in the future.

What Guys Said 7

• Extra cute! Adorable really. Braces will make you look shmexy

• As a guy I've always thought girls wearing braces are cute i don't see it causing any problems for a girls appearance..

• errrr sorry not my thing. :-/

• Just do it, braces are just braces and they make your teeth awesome! I am 26 and I have had them for almost 1.5 years and tbh women love 'em. Just rock it and get it done, time goes by anyways. Only regret is not doing it sooner!

• With your smile you'd look cute in them :')
    So, attractive, for sure.

• It a not bad thing it's gud for teeth n appearance. .. so make it happen n don't worry after treatment u will be happy

• depends what there look like and if she can pull them off

What Girls Said 3

• I started having my braces when i was 21. I still have them and i am almost 24. It was never a problem. I think it help me more. My teeth are straighter now and i honestly think it never affected how people see me. I met my boyfriend just last year and he said i look pretty even with braces. They may suck at first but braces definitely help people to have beautiful smiles.

• First I just want to say you look like Phoebe Tonkin Lol <3 & Who cares After your braces your teeth will be perfect (: & I think its worth it plus there is nothing wrong with them they aren't unattractive.. just on unattractive people lol

• Aww thanks! I had no clue who she was until I looked her up haha. Yeah, my big issue is everyone thinks I look really young so braces just add to it! I'll get over it though.

• I think braces look really cool. Always wanted them.