Every girl hopes they're cute enough to date. Am I? Honestly?

I feel like guys only notice that I'm cute because I'm short. Is that always how its gonna be?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sad that such good looking people have these insecurities. You should be eternally thankful that you are pretty, and never doubt it. There are some ugly-ass people out there who would seriously resent you for feeling this way. You did however say that "Guys only notice that I am cute because..." which reveals that deep down, you know that you are cute, but want to be recognized as such for other reasons than your height.

I think that, unfortunately for you, it is always going to be this way. Here is why:
    Most importantly, your height, to most people, will stand out first and foremost. This turns it into a defining characteristic, meaning that if someone were asked to describe what makes you cute, height will be the thing which is most readily accessible to the brain, therefore chosen first, and consequentially makes it the most paramount.

And secondly, people don't spend a lot of time weighing your cute factor, only you do that. One conscious observation is good enough for most people to slap a label on you, and believe that it is somehow supposed to encompass all of the other things which make you cute. Since your height seems to be such a striking quality, it is the one most people will qualify for your cuteness. Basically it is a shortcut the brain makes, because people are lazy (But probably more so because they aren't the ones stressing over it).

What you should realize is that there are plenty of short people who are not cute at all. Therefore, when someone calls you cute for being short, you automatically know that it is you being cute for being short along with many other factors which have remained unspoken (for reasons I just explained). They've made the shortcut in their head, and lumped all the reasons together with "shortness."

If you didn't quite get what I was trying to say, in simple terms: Who cares what other people think. Just know a good boyfriend would take the time to let you know every reason he finds you cute. Screw the others.

• I kind of only asked this question out of boredom from studying, but you seriously made my day. Props.

• Haha, I was not expecting that :) Glad to have helped.

• I really appreciate your thoughts on this though. For the most part, I'm confident in who I am. I make funny faces, I'm clumsy and crazy. And I like it that way. When I asked this question, I was curious to see how many guys would judge just on the crazy pic I first had for my profile, just say I'm "hot" or whatever after I changed it, or if anybody would actually take the time to be legit complimentary and actually write out a well thought out answer and you totally blew it out of the water. Respect.

What Guys Said 16

• If you didn't have that weird look on your face in your pic, you'd be plenty cute enough for most guys.

• Judging by your picture, there is no way I'd ask you out. You're way too pretty for me.

• Of course you are cute enough to date...

Focus more on what kind of person you ARE that is more important (to me anyway)

• yes you look like a biscuit XD

• Every person will find someone eventually. But people need to realize that they can only date the opposite-sex equivelent of themselves. Meaning u can only date someone who is just as attractive as u r, not more (unless they hav personality issues that bring them down to your level). That being said, the question u should be asking isn't "will a guy ever wanna date me?" Of course he will! No matter what u look like. Instead u should be asking "how hot of a guy will wanna date me?" To answer that question, i would rate u a 6 or 7. U will most likely date a six or seven. Maybe u will date an 8 or 9 if they hav huge personality issues, but other than that, stick to sixes and sevens.
    PS: my rating scale is very harsh. By getting a six/seven, u hav received a pretty big compliment.

• Can I date you?

• I need to see a body pic plus your putting on a silly look in the pic, I can't tell you

• Listen to the beareded man. He is right.

• Of Course, it doesn't matter than you're short most girls are short.

• Isn't it the same like most girls want super model looken guys?

• Dat look... sure haha cute freckles.

• You're pretty you look like Tina Fey.

• no people will eventually think that your cute enough to date, there is someone out there for everyone, someone will eventually figure it out

• You're really pretty! I would totally date you if you lived here.

• No its not. You are a good looking woman

• Yo you look related to me Ahaha

What Girls Said 2

• Take a good look at yourself. You're not ugly AT ALL. Put some confidence, love and compassion for yourself in that vessel of yours.

• Yeah, you're cute