Is it normal to look uglier in highschool than in middle school?

To be honest, I think I looked better in middle school then I am now. My complexion was much brighter, and I glowed as well. Overall, my looks and wellbeing were better.
After I entered highschool, my stress level skyrocketed, and I KNOW i became uglier. I don't want to be 'all about it' but this is also one of my insecurities as well as many others which I am facing.
Nowadays, i feel gloomy, tired, bummed out. My complexion looks TERRIBLE, my dark circles making my eyes appear smaller (maybe), and etc.

This is in the 'how do i look' section, but I really just want an answer without having the need to upload any pictures (privacy etc).

Most Helpful Guy

• It can happen to us, we all go through that awkward stages in life :)

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, it's normal. You might have gone through more puberty, or more stress or something, and that can cause a lot of problems with skin and appearance and such.

I have seen lots of girls who have more... blemished skin than they did in middle school. It just happens to some I guess.

• neither normal nor weird. some people look better other worse. anyway don't worry... maybe in the future you 'll look better ;-)

• Maybe. I remember this guy who was a player in Middle School. Was tall and most of the girls found him attractive but once he went to High School, it all changed. He stopped growing and I guess girls didn't find him as attractive anymore because girls used to say "he was so hot in Middle School". So yeah, it's a possibility but you're a girl so it's not that bad. You can always use makeup to look better.

• yea
    answermine

• high school: only the strong will continue

What Girls Said 3

• It is probably because of hormone changes. I really think a lot of people look worse when they were in highschool than when they get older. Because you get less pimples and learn better way to look good as you get older. So don't worry you will glow as you get older.

• ty! I feel slightly better now! :)

• Yea. :/
    I feel like I looked a lot better when I was younger.

Just like Patty and Selma from The Simpsons said:
    "The older they are, the cuter they ain't"

Only "ugly ducklings" get better looking with age. Cute kids just decrease on looks. It sucks, but it happens.

• Yes, puberty's a bitch that way :/ . Don't worry, as you get older you'll become prettier again :')

• ahaha xD
      Thank you for your answer :)

• No problem :) *hugs*