I don't know how I should feel?

I am in a dance class in school with a bunch of girls in my grade and there is a really pretty popular girl in the class. When we were rehearsing a dance that was supposed to be a masquerade ball, the male (gay) dance teacher said that the popular girl was "the prettiest girl at the party".

He said that in a joking manner though, because he was laughing. Well first of all, he's gay, but he likes to joke with us a lot because he is very feminine. But it kind of bothered me (okay let's call it jealousy) because people tell me I am pretty as well and I have been called beautiful, guys flirt with me, they stare at me, and all that. I just feel like maybe I'm not as pretty as she is or something.

Why did he call her the prettiest girl at the party? I feel that he should have said that she is ONE of the prettiest girls at the party, because to be honest, I am pretty too. It just feels like she gets so much more attention! Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he told her that knowing she wasn't the prettiest and was trying to make her feel better

• Well... to me she is really pretty. See the thing is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I genuinely think she is REALLY pretty. Sometimes when I ask other girls, "do you think she's pretty?" they will say no. But then I overheard some guys saying that she's one of the hottest girls in school. So it's half and half. Plus the girls in the dance class ALWAYS want to talk to her and give her attention, but they never want to talk to me. Like ever. I mean yeah I know I'm pretty and I know the girls aren't as pretty as me, but I feel like I should be getting the attention that the popular gets as well. Because we're both pretty. Maybe it's because I'm actually prettier than she is and other girls are jealous of me so they are less willing to talk to me?

• It couldn't hurt to ask. You won't know till you try (Schrödinger's cat)

• You're right. I have a friend who doesn't go to my school but she's in the popular group at her school and she and I get along really well and we are so alike. Like we have a lot of things in common. Haha I kinda wish I went to her school because she's basically my ticket into the popular group since she's already in with them herself.

What Guys Said 3

• basically how do you know he's gay?

did he told you he is? or you think he's gay because he is feminine?

don't cinfuse "feminine" with "gay"... they're totally different!

• U sound very conceited, and it shouldn't phase a normal girl when another girl gets attention for once.

• Well I am going to say disagree with you and say that I'm not conceited, because I'm not the one who thinks I'm pretty. But people tell me I am pretty all the time and guys flirt with me, they stare at me, and there are rumors that different guys like me. If you had people telling you that you are good looking and if you got so much female attention, I bet you would also start to think you are good looking. When I look in the mirror I don't see a super pretty person, I just think I look normal.

• Well would you like to see me?

• May be she arranges guys for ur gay teacher

What Girls Said 2

• Popularity isn't just about looks, at my school it's also about how much money you have, who you've dated, who you're friends with, and if you're really good at sports.

So you could be just as attractive as she is, but she might just get more attention for qualities other than how pretty she is.

Your teacher shouldn't have called just one girl the prettiest, but at the same time he probably wasn't thinking it would affect anyone as much as it seems to have affected you.

You shouldn't let it bother you. It's life. People are going to get more attention than you, you just have to learn how to not let it bother you.

• Well she is rich (but I am rich as well), she has never dated anyone (I've never dated anyone before either), and she's not in a school sport. She is a dancer (we are on the dance team together), but she is not involved with any school sports. The only difference is that she is friends with other popular girls, but I am not. How should I get in with the popular group? I mean I totally fit in with them.

• your body landuage not you're

• I understand that I'm not a 10. No one is. Thank you for your advice. And no I'm actually not all about my looks, I was ugly at one point in my life, and that has given me time to develop a personality.

• Maybe she has a more approachable personality.

• Maybe she does... but I am outgoing as well. I am nice, friendly and wild.

• Yeah I know haha! I am trying to get into the popular group right now and I am insecure over my looks... it's not like I think I'm pretty, it's that other people tell me I am a lot and guys flirt with me, stare at me, and there were rumors that a bunch of guys liked me. Why would you say I am too into myself?

• And how do you define someone being annoying?