Why is my skin color different from my own race?

I'm 100% Pakistanian, but I've been in America all my life. But my family's skin isn't tan as other pakistanians? My sisters are almost freaking pale. But we are all close to the white color.. Why is that? I'm not saying I don't like my color but I'm just wondering why our color is like that but other Pakistanians isn't?

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps you have some English in there. you can get a DNA test which will tell you a lot of things including if your male line is from Europe , even down to the country or town. "FamilyTreeDNA" is a good resourse for this.

What Girls Said 5

• Genetics...

• more detail? lol..

• But Pakistani genes are brown aren't they?

• oh boy. There's no such thing as "Pakistani genes". It's like saying all white people have blue eyes... no.

There are different variations within a race, or ethnicity. For example, white people can be very pale, or more tan, can have brown eyes, green, hazel, or blue. They can have brown, or blonde hair.

There's no such thing as "one set way to look". You obviously have never learned about the study genetics/biology yet. ...

• Because it just isn't. My whole family has really light skin and I have extremely dark skin

• I'm Indian and quite a few of my friends that are from northern India are just as pale as Caucasians. It's not uncommon. My mom's pale as fuck too she looks European. I'm brown though it's so unfair :p But yeah it's not uncommon.

• don't pakistanians live out in pakistan? you know, where the sun beats down relentlessly?
    you live in america, and even if you do go outside frequently, the climate is different.

• that's not always the case.. There's pakistanians that were born in American but still dark..

• Stupid question

• Stupid answer

• Well I'm not an expert all I needed was a simple explanation, not that rude answer..

• There is no explanation anybody can give you.

What Guys Said 4

• well its simply down to genetics. Pakistanis don't all look the same. The variation could be due to having some lighter skin individuals in your family tree, or perhaps its something environmental, like the amount of sunlight you get. I'm sure people get much more sun in pakistan than they do in some places in the USA

• Thanks for being kind and upfront, everyone else was rude about it, especially the girls

• yeah no problem =)

• What the hell kinda Pakistani are you? First, you described yourself as "Pakistanian". Second, do you not have any idea how many light/pale Pakistanis there are out there? Especially the Pathans and all those from the Northern regions. Almost all the South Asians like Pakistanis and Indians from the Northern regions like Kashmir are light, similar to whites.

• What do you mean what kind? I didn't realize there are different kinds of pakistanians?

• Only when I have nothing else to do. And being 14 doesn't make you half brained. To be this clueless about your own race.

• Well you're a douchebag that clearly needs a new hobby, you didn't have to be rude with your answer, be more like them^^

• it's just genetics dude...

• Because Pakistani is not a race... It's nationality