Does anyone else feel like people who rate people on this site aren't being honest?

So I'm not gonna lie, I'm a good looking dude I've got 3 kills that are all 9's I'm a popular guy and my last girlfriend was a straight banger. So a week or so ago I threw a picture of myself up here and a few people were like oh ya an 8 and I had the majority going oh wow you're really hot shit like that however I recently saw a person doing a rate me who was literally 300 pounds and people were rating her as an 8 so what I'm saying is why is this a thing that person isn't getting what they wanted so what was even the point. So do you think that people aren't being honest on here?

• I feel like most people aren't being honest to avoid hurting someone's feelings.
  • I think that people are being honest.
  • Results

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so just because YOU think someone is unattractive, doesn't mean everyone else will think that. That being said, some people do tend to rate everyone highly and I think that could be because they don't want to hurt that person's feelings. Personally, I don't care to concern myself with online ratings. I don't care if someone wants to give out 10's left and right, it doesn't bother me to see other people being highly rated, even if I may not personally agree with it.

• I see it as like this person wants you to be honest so they know what they can work with if you rate someone who's a 2 a 9 you're just setting them up for failure and disappointment once they go for someone WAAAY out of their league ya know? And the thing that bothered me was like ya I know I'm good looking but so I got good ratings but then it's like I'm a 100 times hotter than this person yet they're now going to think they're in my league even though they absolutely aren't ya know?

• Right now it isn't so I'm just kind of riding the success train :) CHOO CHOO

• Lol Okay, well congratulations on your weight loss! That's a really great accomplishment so you should be proud of yourself. Just remember that it's okay to be honest in regards to other people's appearances, but you can still be kind in your delivery :)

What Girls Said 8

• " I've got 3 kills that are all 9's I'm a popular guy and my last girlfriend was a straight banger."

You wonder why you get a low rating? I'd give you a 2/10 based on this quote alone.

• What lol?

• My comment was referring to your choice of words not your sexual activity, which by the way is not great considering your age.

• I'm 17 I'm about to go off to college it's just the easiest way to refer to having sex as well as at 17 it's not a bad thing to have sex

• I always rate people honestly unless they are terribly unattractive.. then I just don't say anything because I'm not a mean person lol Different people rate different things depending on their personal preference but I usually never rate anyone a 10 if I don't know them.

• Ya I see why you would do that.

• I'm always honest with my opinions, but then again I very rarely see someone I find truly ugly. As an unattractive person myself, it's hard for me to see anyone who is actually ugly. I find most people I've seen so far on here as attractive. I am always shocked when someone thinks a certain person is ugly.

• Just use Hot or Not if you need that justification. It sound like you're hot, but it depends on who's voting. The people that gave the fat chick an 8 were nice but the people that gave you an 8 were honest.

• Not really. I mean, everyone has their preferences, and even if we don't find someone attractive doesn't mean others wouldn't. Personally I'm up front with everybody. If I find someone ugly, I'll call them ugly.

• That's the type of person I like (Interweb high five)

• I can't say most. Many are just trying to give the answer the poster wants to here.

• I don't believe the ratings here, too PC.

• Yes they usually lie. I have no clue why though. Especially the guys

• Like honestly I don't see why every question is "Rate me please be honest" and the person looks like a troll and they're getting 9s and 8s like what the actual fuck you're just setting them up for disappointment later

• Ya I completely agree.

• Also just because you think someone isn't hot, doesn't mean you aren't. Just like you say you're a 9 I might think you're a 5.

What Guys Said 5

• Of course. I'd only be honest with a girl face to face in regards to her looks if she may be in need of a constructive critique. The reason being is online its very difficult to understand context and it could do more damage than good to her psyche. Hurting her helps nobody.

I generally steer clear of those questions.

• I myself also usually steer clear mainly because a lot of the time it's just people who are good looking asking for a confirmation and sometimes people who are insanely ugly asking for a pick me up but when they show up in my feed I usually answer and answer honestly.

• Hopefully you phrase it in a constructive way.

• Probably could be phrased better to be completely honest.

• i'm honest most of the times.

when a girl is skinny i tell her the truth as it is, and tell her to put on weight

• You can never truly "rate" any person, as it's a made up
    system by people who doesn't know better.

Sure you can ask people to rate you.. but on which
    scale is that rating legit? It's people opinion, not a natural thing.

• I feel most people have a good grasp on the system though and you can appropriately judge yourself based off the system.

• Ye ha ha I'm the same man I'm literally one of the cockiest motherfuckers you could ever meet lol

• Keep being awesome then.

Confidence is highly attractive
      towards the other gender.

As well as some of your own gender.. lol.

• Let me see I've told 1 girl that she looked like a MAN (tiffanycass) because her face was built like a fucking 2010 dodge ram truck LOL + a lot of others that they were 5's if I thought that they were ^^

But I agree with you though

• Like it's just mind boggling man and like I said to some other people you're just setting these poor ugly people up for failure because they're going to go for someone a MILLION times out of their league and just be so disappointed when they realize they're actually insanely ugly.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a7297-does-the-dating-league-really-exist + I tell them that all of the time the moment you ask for a rate-ask how do you look? You've just thrown yourself to the wolves

• Being honest here? I dont rate ugly people.