When rating people, am I supposed to be HONEST?

I'm never sure what to do. If they're asking they're obviously insecure, I don't want to make them more insecure but, at the same time I'm not gonna lie. What should I do?

Just pointing out, I'm never mean. I wouldn't say 'you're ugly' or anything like that...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I never actually say "You're ugly" because that's harsh and pointless. Serves no purpose. What I try to do is think of a way they can improve their look. If they have bad hair then I might think of a different style or color. If they need to lose some weight then I tell them to be more active and eat certain food while avoiding others. I think that giving suggestions on how the asker can improve their looks is much nicer and more useful than just saying that they are not attractive.

What Guys Said 21

• I think honesty is worth more than the fluffy marshmallow of a constructed reality but what do I know.

• I either rate positive or i don't rate at all unless those people deserve to know the truth if you know what i mean.
    Generally speaking ill never tell someone he/she is ugly ill just avoid those questions and not comment. If someone is obnoxious however...

• I almost never rate people. If they're attractive, they're just fishing for compliments. If they're not attractive, they're looking to have their negative self image confirmed. Compliments should come unsolicited and criticism from strangers is pointless.

• That's the million dollar question! They ask for honesty, but is it nice to be honest when it isn't necessarily uplifting? It's hard to say and I really don't think there's a right answer. If you wanna be honest, be honest even if it's not always what they want to hear. Or if you wanna be nice and uplifting, go for that.

• yes obviously.

you give honest ratings, and you'll receive honest ratings as welll

• Just be honest. There's enough lies in relationships between humans anyway.

• My suggestion is to be honest but also grounded. Unfortunately most people compare themselves to Hollywood, which we all know is fake and airbrushed.

• I'm very honest when i rate someone

• I've rated about 100 people and only one started messaging me non stop about he rating I gave her. I'm taking about days and days of back and forth messaging. It ended with her criticizing the way I look lol.

• I got that too lol. I just ignored him after a while though. What did you tell her?

• When it comes to rating people only care about your opinion if you are good looking (no homo). I've rated girls 7s and 6s multiple times but I don't get any messages lol

• I thought she was going to find me and kill me. scary stuff man. She wouldn't even rate me when I asked. Like wtf,

• Be ruthless! Don't ask a question you don't want to the know the answer too.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder either way.

P. S Duck face lowers IQ!

• just tell them that they can change their style for a new image.. i always tell them like you can change you're hair or change your clothing style. that way you won't hurt them :)

• no one is ugly, but not everyone is gorgeous either. Point out their positive features and build them up.

• Always rate honestly. I've asked questions like that (currently asking one) and I can always tell white lies and sugar coating from a mile off. I appreciate the honest ones MUCH more than I appreciate the dishonest ones. That being said, there is a difference between being honest or mean and it is important to understand that difference when rating someone.

• Just tell the truth and say, but don't worry not all girls go after looks so you should be okay.

• You got to honest but in a way that has their best interest at heart

• Go anonymous

• What's the difference? They still get insulted. Once I rated a guy like a 3 and I got called a bitch :/

• It's probably the way you put your words but some people who ask for rate just gets mad when they get low ratings and it's unavoidable to be called a 'bitch' or something similar by them.

• I try to stay honest, but always as positive as possible. :)

• You should not rate them at all, logically speaking

• I'd say be honest but include suggestions on how the person can improve themselves.

• That's what they want... even if they yell at you for it. At least you're doing what they ask

• The point is so that they can come to terms with how good or bad they look, if you tell them that they're good looking when they're not it will over-inflate their confidence and they will get hurt later.

What Girls Said 16

• Yes, I think you should be honest but at the same time, the way you say it is important. I think it is possible to be honest but also kind at the same time. So if you give someone a low rating, maybe you could also give them some tips and advice to improve themselves or work on whatever the biggest issue may be.

• I say yes be honest about the ratings. I am, and I get downvoted, I get called ugly, stupid, bitch, whore, mean etc. In the replies or my inbox.
    I know they're feeling insecure, and I feel bad. Cuz I was and am like that too. But they need to learn that not everyone will think you're a fucking 10. And that is absolutely ok! Our self worth and self esteem shouldn't be reliant on other's ratings.

Just try to be kind about it. Only one of the people I rated low was mature about it. I will tell them things I do like about them, and then include what I don't.
    I sometimes just won't rate someone I find unattractive cuz I don't wanna make them feel bad.

So either give honest, or ignore. But be as respectful about it.

• I'm never mean. But, I can't say I sugarcoat it. A guy was begging me to give him at least a 7 (I gave him a 5) I'm like wtf? Okay you're 7. So I'm not sure what they want? The truth? If not, I'll lie and tell them they all look like supermodels.

• I'm not mean either lol I'm not nice. But I just say it in a straightforward way.
      People get mad and defensive if it's not the response they wanted.

• I just avoid those questions all together. I don't see the point in judging someone by their appearance!

• Don't answer their question. U don't have to answer every question on here

• You can be honest and rate them just don't add on something seriously heartless afterward.

• If I don't want to rate somebody I simply ignore their question.

• Be honest
    if they ask they have to be prepared for anything
    as long as people don't comment things like ugly

• Be honest but don't be heartless about being honest.

• Yes, I believe that is what they want honest opinions. Don't go calling someone hopeless though looks wise. Think of constructive criticism to give that can help them. improve instead of pulling them down.

• I've thought the same thing. Its tough. Typically, I just avoid and in instances like that I hear my grandmothers voice in my head "If you dont have something nice to say..."

• Yes this is why rating isn't really a good idea since some people who do it with low self esteem will crack from the negative comments. I'm honest with numbers but I'm never brutal with words.

• Lol... is not that serious...

• You should be honest but that doesn't mean you have to be mean.

• I usually just won't post.

• you shud always be honest dey deserve it if there asking xxx

• Tell them the truth or don't answer them