What makes a person unattractive to you?

Heyy all,
I'm just curious. What makes someone unattractive to you?
Do you just look at someone and think 'you're ugly', could they be attractive but have an awful personality, are they attractive because of their personality, are they unattractive because of a facial feature like a big nose or a mole, etc.
For me it's generally if someone is rude or have an awful personality I can't see past it. Was just wondering what other people define as unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Physically attractive people with a bad personality become definetely unattractive.

What Guys Said 61

• Thinking you're better than the next person, Terrible hygiene, having nothing in common etc

• Girls with self entitlement issues who "only date up" are unattractive to me.

• ~ My definition of 'ugly' is someone who takes EVERYTHING too seriously, can't relax and have a laugh.

~ Someone without a sense of humour

~ for some reason I find people who are uncomfortable in showing their sexuality

~ and being boring (talking about the same thing 24/7

~ awkwardness

~ Laziness

• I don't think anyone is unattractive. The ones who I'm not attracted to, I just consider them to be not my type. But yeah, shitty personality is a huge turn off and those with shitty personality are unattractive to me.

• Insecurity.

A girl who isn't comfortable in her own skin,

A girl who feels she needs to go on unhealthy low calorie diets to be beautiful,

A girl who won't believe her boyfriend when he tells her that those models are too skinny,

A girl who feels ugly after watching the Victoria's Secret fashion show,

A girl who bows down to the media's views on 'the perfect body'

• What if a girl is insecure but doesn't bow down or try to be skinny?

• But you don't know what she's gone through to become that way I mean yes you are in titled to your opinion

• If a girl has been through things that have made her insecure. I still find that unattractive, moreso even.

Because even though I don't want to, I'll still have trouble not seeing her as damaged. Most guys just don't want to get involved with girls like that, they don't want to have to deal with her issues.

Its very unfortunate that guys tend to see girls like that as being sick but its not something they can help.

• A terrible personality makes one unattractive

• I like to think I can find something attractive about anyone I meet. If she accepts me and likes to hug, she instantly becomes beautiful and I like looking at her. The only exception is if she's so big she can't get off the couch or bed, but even then I'd still be her friend if we liked the same stuff.

• A girl who have a slutty past and have already had sex with many guys yet pretend to be nice and innocent girl as if they knows nothing and when they complain about a guy that he is trying to talk sexual stuff or being a perv with her, and that also when the guy is already virgin, and the complain is just cuz she is not attracted to him. if he will meet some handsome stud she won't complain and go banging silently... lol and the girls who choose guys on the performance of their pocket and use them as ATM. i really hate such girls and find them unattractive.

• People with big ears and small eyes like the one in the picture
    freakingnews.com/.../...Nose-or-Eyebrows-61198.jpg

• judgmental people. Like I hate when people just say how the world is or should be and think that their little world is the only way. T

• I have found a few people in my time that were honestly gorgeous but their crappy attitude or negitivty was a real cold shower. A pretty face does not make a pretty heart or person. So those are a turn off to me

• Lazy women are SOOO unattractive to me, I mean you can be lazy sometimes but please don't sit on your butt all day everyday and only get up when your hungry or it's time to go to a party.

• Most women I've talk to tell me Asian... they don't like Asians.

• Over confidence. A false sense of pride and over estimation of one's skill, beauty and so on. What's attractive is understanding where you're at and being ok with it or working to improve oneself.

• For one thing, when her talk reflects a lack of smarts. Excessive "omg"s and such. Little princess talk, rudeness, I'm too pretty for this world complex.

Physically... that's hard to say. I work out regularly and would prefer someone who is active but not necessary.

Oh, yeah, I like legs. I don't mind A or B cups, she's just gotta have nice legs.

• Any one who willingly is mean to others regardless of whether they have justification or not.

• a person who lacks compassion towards other people

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Let's say the woman I think is beautiful also treats well once I get to know her; My view of her being "beautiful" has not changed because she treats me well. Now, If the woman I think is beautiful treats me like crap, my "view" of her completely changes; I now think she's an ugly person both physically and mentally. Case and point, without prior knowledge of a person's way of being, everyone is attractive.

• Whether someone is physically attractive or not is irrelevant to me. I've met women who were overweight who I feel absolutely in love with because of what they represented, and women who were beautiful in a conventional sense and beautiful internally as well. But things like willful ignorance (assuming that everything you know is all you'll ever need to know), taking education for granted, laziness, greed, insincerity, deceitfulness, arrogance, and callousness would make anyone of any gender repulsive to me.

• Actually, there are some physical attributes which would make me draw the line between "friend" and "romantic interest". There was a woman I met who I really enjoyed talking to, but I couldn't think of her as anything more than a friend because of a lot of fat around her neck.

• Usually if they are fat, don't take care of their body, or don't present their faces well. I've seen very few truly "ugly" faces, so if a woman has a n unattractive, it's usually because she isn't presenting herself well.

Of course, being a straight up bitch also makes a woman unattractive.

• People who talk about themselves and those who brag.

• Rude or mean spirited. ... naughty is completely different. (c;

• self-righteousness, being condescending, being too serious

• A woman who's stuck up, fake, has a bitchy attitude or one who doesn't care for her body is unattractive. Very anorexic or very obese is unattractive to me.

• Being a prude, and narrow minded.

• You and your friend are cute. Now what I'm going to explain is what I see as unattractive... Bad personality, smokers, drug users, alcohol abusers and people that put you on pedistals rather than accept you have faults but let's have fun anyway.

• Someone that is clueless but yet talks emphatically about things they know little about.

• Anyone who is uppity, germaphobic, holier than thou, too pretty/fine to me bothered , or anyone who just doesn't understand their level. I'm like bitch I ma'am I may not be a 10 but you have three inch teeth and you are scaring the children. Please do not act like everybody wants you because they do not... now can I get a number seven with extra cheese!

• First lets discuss bad personality - what are those qualities? For me it differs because I am always looking for potential of growth, sometimes you realise that person of bad personality they have so much fire inside and they just dont know how to put it out - 'literally'

• Someone who's too full of herself. Now I like a confident lass, but for the love of trololo don't act like the spotlight is always on you...

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 56

• - a pessimistic attitude
    - a cynical world view
    - a false sense of entitlement
    - a fake personality
    - a lack of empathy or consideration for others
    - a lack of sleep
    - a judgmental attitude
    - bizarre behaviour
    - a lack of respect for others, especially the old, the disabled, the sick, the fragile, the young children, the pregnant woman, the righteous, the poor, the uneducated

• I met guys who I thought they looked so good and handsome but they had such a bad, awful personality that would make them so ugly and unattractive.
    I think is much easier to "cope" with a not so attractive guy but with nice personality than the other way around.

• when girls/guys are not nice in the inside - that really bothers me, people who... Well I feel bad but I wish some people would work more on how to express who they are more with clothes and stuff if you know what I am saying, and also when people are full of themselves

• I can't stand guys with too much testosterone. It doesn't mean I want a pussy, but I hate being on dates when the guy's too busy staring every other guy out to even talk to me. I hate it when all they talk about is fights, being tough... Ugh go back to school.
    I hate guys that preach the friend zone. Either she likes you intimately, or you're in this 'friend zone' for one reason; she likes you and wants to be friends with you. Nothing more.
    Can't stand it when guys think that what happens in p*rn is actually what girls like in bed.
    But probably the biggest turn off for me is when guys talk about girls like they're just a collection of body parts rather than a whole being.

• Are these the kinds of men you found attractive in the past but not any more?

• You're descriptions is everyone's answer...
    Ugly personality, exaggerated feature (big nose or eyes popping out), etc.
    It just depends on the person.

• Usually the way someone presents themselves. Some people are insecure and I dont judge them for that though. When someone thinks they are gods gift or hot shire. That's a turn off. A big nose can really be funny sometimes but its not a make or break. A hair hairy back on a guy is a no no. Tones of make up and being superficial in a female is silly. But often for me I can see someone. Through their eyes and their body language. Looks are a tough thing in this world and its too bad that's how it is. But there's lots of people who accept and admire people for beyond their looks which in the end makes someone an attractive person!!

• I look more into personality, so if you're mean and hurtful, to me you're ugly. I can live with a big nose or a mole anyday as long as someone treats me the way I deserve to be treated.

• If you were the most perfect vision of physical attractiveness, if you're a bad person, a jackass, a mean dude, rude, unkind - you'll be the ugliest guy on this earth to me.

• Arrogance and egocentrism

• Vainty is number one, having no sense of humor, being prudish.

• A big ego. Or somebody who is willing to put you down to make him/herself look better to others.

• yeah rudeness is definitely unattractive. And I just hate stingy people, who count every penny, I don't know, something about that makes me feel really uncomfortable.

When someone is attractive but really standoffish or act like they're above you. You know the typical nice candy wrapper/crap inside kind of situation.

Physical features- obviously if someone is morbidly obese, that's not very hot or healthy..
    People who don't look after themselves. Like dirty/ripped clothes, dirty shoes, unwashed hair, ew.

Also, the smell. That's my biggest pet peeve, when people smell bad, especially if it's sweat or cigarettes. That can make even the most attractive guy/girl look unattractive.

• Closed minded, judgmental and arrogant people are unattractive, even they are the most beautiful / handsome people physically.

• I think someone is unttractive when they are vain, and always talking about themselves, and they don;t take an interest in the other person, I don;t think looks are everything because at the end of the day, someone could be very good looking but be so boring, or doesn't have a good personality.

• When a guy acts like something he's not, fake, hides their real feelings, goes for the easy girls bc they don't the courage to talk to the girls who aren't easy.

• Very excessive anger management.

• I was once 100% sure that a guy was like a hard 10 because he was a total boss ass bitch then 2 years later I saw a picture of him from back then and I was all, "he is definitely under a 5." He's still super cool doe. Anyway, what makes someone unattractive to me is all about personality because I'm big on factoring that into my scale of attractiveness. So being a fucking asshole is unattractive to me. Drops a guy to an automatic 4. :D

• When they don't smile often enough. I know, it's really shallow but I can't stand people who take everything sooooo seriously.

• The personality is something I can't see past.
    If a guy is rude, arrogant and unfriendly, I would stay away from them at all costs, even if they look like Brad Pitt.

• Cruelty, arrogance and apathy.

• Mean or rude people are so ugly to me

• Rudeness and awful personalities are big things. Smoking cigarettes (if they won't even try to quit) is also up there. Narrow minded people can be really annoying. And ones who have to be right no matter what.

• Tattoos, piercings, long unwashed hair, in matching outfits, dirty unmatching outfits are even worse, and I'm not a big fan of beards either... If I had my choice guys would be clean-cut total gentleman and always in a suit but if they couldn't wear a suit at that time then perfectly matched clothing would be acceptable.

• Having a huge ego, bad hygiene, off-putting aspects in your personality, thinking you're above everyone else, bad manners...

• Someone with a terrible personality, doesn't have a sense of humor, and I guess I don't find really skinny guys attractive but that's just me. Extra padding is good for hugs XD

• Guys that like solving thing through violence and getting into petty fights.

• Zsame. I met my bf and he has an awesome personality so idc wht he looks like :) many girls base their relationships on looks but thts not fair cuz most guys dont get a chance to show their personality

• When I guy is so sweet and cute but when we have an argument... he's like a bag of shit. Like a completely different person.

• What do you mean... how are they completely different?

• I would say the first impression is on looks. The second impression is on the person as a whole. I think they're completely different things.

• What makes a person unattractive to me is a person who fishes for compliments all the time and people that post hundreds of pictures of themselves online so that they can feel important and validated by people's comments

• More from Girls
    26