Would you say that fasting for 4 days is bad?

So i wasn't eatting to loose some waight and everyone got on me telling me thats bad for ma. is it really?

Most Helpful Guy

• if you make a habit of it yes it is very harmful to you body to do that ofter and it puts you at a risk for developing anorexia. but if this is just something you do every once in a while then no it wouldn't be harmful to you, as long as your are drinking water during this time. many religions encourage periods of fasting.

• i fast 3 times a month

• throwing up yes

• you may have signs of an eating disorder, if it was just the fasting it would be one thing but throwing up has me concerned. do you do it often even when your not fasting? you may want to discuss anorexia with your doctor. wish you the best of luck!

What Guys Said 8

• It is bad for u, but unfortunately thats the only effective way to lose weight, no matter what everyone else tells u. I once went almost three weeks without a single snack. After that, i was barely ever hungry anymore, and as a result i lost 45lbs over the next two months. It was amazing! Just be careful not to let it develope into an eating disorder. After u r done fasting u must force yourself to eat at least twice a day. As long as u dont make a habit of eating less than that every day, u will be fine. But i warn u, be very, very careful. Good luck :)

• That's to long, change your eating habits and make it a life style change and start walking or going for runs 5 to 6 days a week, you got to get out there and move your body

• i do + doing that

• Ok then Its now about what you eat. Stay away from bread and if yoiu have to eat it go dark, white bread is bad for you as far as getting big goes

• Fasting that long actually delays the process of losing fat. It's called "starvation mode" your body slows down it's metabolism in order to conserve energy. Wanna lose weight? Burn more calories than you consume. Exercise daily and eat meals low in fat, sodium and sugar. You'll lose weight faster than starving yourself.

• do you want to die?

• Just before you fast make sure your aware of complications
    Low Blood Sugar, Irregular Heart Rate, etc I used to fast
    as a teen and to this day i suffer..

• Fasting doesn't mean starving yourself it just means you go for a longer time before eating so fasting for 12 hours is probably the longest I would recommend before you break.

• I would say that it's a bad idea because Humans are not made for all this... due to our activities, we need to eat every 6 hrs so fasting for 4 days...

• And belive me, dieting and fasting dont usually work... and many scientists say that dieting is a bad idea... google it up if you don't belive

• That's definitely not healthy. You have to eat something!

What Girls Said 4

• If you stop eating for a long period of time, your body will go into stress mode and won't burn as much fat, you will just be loosing water weight. This will also slow down your metabolism. Although this will obviously cause you to lose weight, it won't be a sustainable form of weight loss, and you will just gain the weight back quickly. The only way to loose weight and keep it off is with a lifestyle change.
    My best advice for weight loss is not to eat large meals, eat a lot of small meals throughout the day so that your metabolism is constantly working. Also, drink a lot of water, this will also increase your metabolism. And of course, exercise.

• You mean eating nothing for 4 days? It's really bad and unhealthy.
    You can lose weight by healthy diet and exercise.
    At your age especially you need food. Otherwise you can have health problems.

• well i exersise and fast

• You don't need to fast to lose weight. On the contrary, you will have trouble losing it because there is nothing entering into your body.
      People are delusional about losing weight. Body is mechanism, like burning his energy, having some food, using them, getting rid of them. Works systematically.
      If you don't put anything, you can't lose anything. You will just damage your organs.

• Yes, very.

• It's very bad. Your body will think it is starving, and when you do start to eat again, it will hold EVERY SINGLE CALORIE as fat because it is in panic mode.

PLEASE, don't starve yourself. It's horrible for you. Take it from me, I battled for five years with anorexia. It's horrible and terrifying and you need to eat. If you want to lose weight, focus on eating HEALTHY, not just not eating. Load up on fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins and you will look amazing in no time! And try doing some basic workouts, it will really help!

Like I said, please, please don't starve yourself!