Why do people always get confused for what I am?

Okay, I'm East Indian but people always think I'm Mexican. Reasons?

55

Most Helpful Girl

• my boyfriend (who is indian) and i went to the grocery one time and this guy came up to him and started talking to him in Spanish and my boyfriend hasn't taken Spanish in his life so he was like "oh no no i don't speak spanish" so the guy asked where he was from and he said india. after the guy left i laughed and my boyfriend was like "yea i get mexican a lot." i was shocked. i don't get it either. it's very bizarre and definitely comes off very racist...

What Guys Said 5

• Mexicans and Indians are somewhat look a like.
    And yes East Indians have some different facial features as compared to northern and western areas of India.

• Mexicans and Indians are kinda similar

• Probably you live in the US.

• The same reason we have a hard time telling Chinese people from Japanese... they look EXACTLY the same

• That's the thing, they don't. Because of the environmental effects, we did not learn the difference between them. A japanese would definitely distinguish a Chinese, but he would have a hard time distinguishing a French from a German.

• Same color skin tone... makes for it to be hard, whether it's france and german, or china and japan. Skin color is hard to differentiate

• I'm white but when I pull down my pants people...

• Talking about your dick to an underage girl online... really fuckin classy.

• Well this site should not even have underage. I did not even notice so gimme a break. Report this so it gets deleted. It's so stupid to have underage kiddies on here anyway.

What Girls Said 4

• Well first off I'm going to guess that you live in America and in America there's a bit of everything/everybody... secondly because you must look like you could be Hispanic.

Don't take it offensive people mistake people's ethnicity all the time.

• Indians have noses that are thin and pointed so if your nose is not like that, you might get mistake for a different race. Also if your cheekbones are more broad or wide than your typical indian, you may not be viewed as indian.

• That's funny, my boyfriend is Mexican and everyone thinks he is Indian or Arabic. You share similar facial features.

• Maybe because we're both brown? Mexicans & Indians..