Barbie or just right?

I'm recently divorced at 43.. my friends politely tell me that my look is too Barbie and intimidating.. Men do stare at the gym but never approach. . I'm a professional and usually every detail is perfect. Weekends are jeans but hair and makeup are done. . not sure why that's a bad thing. . is it a road block?

Most Helpful Guy

• My cousin was the Orange Bowl queen with white blond hair she looked as Barbie as they come and she used her beauty to find a rich man. I think its crap she did that, every guy she dated had money

What Guys Said 13

• no you're not "barbie" that's a stupid stereotype... but you're a very good looking girl despite your age basicallly

• All I know is that if I was your age I would be interested in getting to know you. At the same time your a babe for your age. I would assume they are intimidated. I don't see jeans as a bad thing. I don't expect a woman to constantly be dressed in her best attire. In fact, I would rather meet a woman when she is dressed down so I can be like "Wow" when we meet up for a date.

• Yes you are very attractive

• You look fine. And most men usually worry about their workout during the gym rather than approaching women. Even if they do wanna approach a woman, they would think the woman would not wanna be disturbed in the gym.

• No it's not you look fine to me.

• I'd say you project a strong image. Not a bad thing at all, you'll keep the assholes at bay :)

• Take out ba (r) b (i) e and u will figure out why ;3

• Not bad at all you're a good looking broad... lol!

• This is why your wife gives you the look lol

• Haha! It depends on what you mean by "the look".

It could mean "you dick" or "come plow me". I like both... lol

• It's intimidating, and implies "high maintenance."

• you look great and should be happy

• You are good looking but I'm not a fan of makeup

• many blondes have told me when they went brunnette, people treated them a lot better.

• not necessarily 'better' but yeah.. you do notice that people seem to take you much more seriously right away.

• yeah exactly what you said

• Age could be a problem, the divorce thing too. Kind of a "she can't handle a relationship" type thing. Other than that, you're probably fine

What Girls Said 6

• U look nice but not like a barbie.
    That screams plastic to me.
    Some attractive women are approachable it's probably the vibe u give off.
    Smile more , greet people more, you'll see a difference

• You look good/pretty attractive. Stop worrying about what your friends say.

• I see nothing wrong with you. Dude who said you were intimidating, well, the right man won't see that. My mom is 52 and divorced. Men are intimidated by her being a hard worker and a tiger in the gym. So they walk on by. Se doesn't care. Makes men look like wussies

• The only thing that would seem "barbie" about you is the hair color. And that's only because barbies hair is blonde. If someone finds you intimidating and doesn't want to approach you because of that don't think further of it. Just wait for the person that will have the guts to approach you. Don't change your looks because of other peoples opinion.

• Fuck that. Dress however makes you feel good. Your opinion is the only one that matters.

• Just because you're blonde and blue eyes doesn't mean you look like a Barbie. Your face isn't pretty enough for that
    Not calling you ugly, but you're NO WHERE looking like a Barbie