Can you still be pretty and not get many likes/favorites on social media?

I always get told I'm pretty and guys always look at me but I can barely get any likes or favorites on my selfies and it makes me feel really ugly and undesirable...

I know it's a really stupid question. Don't take it so seriously. I'm not

Most Helpful Guy

• You're cute, and I know loads of good looking girls that don't get many likes on their pictures.

I don't get many.. (I know I'm not that good looking, but still)..

• But, don't worry about it, haha.
      Getting loads of likes and attention isn't that great anyways. If it was the opposite you'd probably have loads of creepy dudes hitting on you and being vulgar and gross. (Who's to say you don't already get messages).. But, it'd probably be worse..
      You're definitely diserable, ngl I'd probably try and get your number if I knew you irl lmao 😂
      Besides the point, you're beautiful. Don't let shitty social media make you feel bad. Besides, all of that is bad. It all isolates you from the real world, and keeps you in the virtual one. Be happy ;D c:

• You're welcome, any time. :)
      That's why I joined this site, to help people, and give advice. c:
      Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

• Thanks :))

What Guys Said 22

• so what? fuck the social media...

you know you're cute don't you? of you do don't give a damn about likes ;-)

• To like a girl's selfie or not to like a girl's selfie?
    If I do would it send the wrong message?
    If I don't , would it also send the wrong message?
    Will it scare her off or will it be nothing out of normal?

That... is the question of being male.

• Yes you can still be pretty even thou you don't get "likes"

You already know your pretty :))) But you need wear smile !!!

• Maybe try not to be so full of yourself? Some people get annoyed at narcissism. I remove people on my FB or choose to not view their posts when they are always posting new pictures of themselves. People wonder why America is slowing becoming the land of the stupid.

• WOW I RARELY ever post selfies.

• Likes & Favorites don't determine beauty. hahahah~
    why would you want to draw attention anyways?

;P Most people on the internet are just creepy.
    Be a model if you desire it so~ .

You'll be making mula and attracting eyes ! xoxo

• haha i liked this answer.

• Social media is a joke. Do you see how many uglies get "ERMAGHERD TRADE FACES WITH ME"?
    Also all the girls whoring for followers on instagram n shit.

• Do these social media friends know you in person?

• Whats wrong with the world, I would like your pages till my finger falls off.

• I never get any likes either (Look at my cover photo ^^ LOL)

I've seen girls like that though, that are cute but since they aren't popular no one likes their photos

• You can be pretty and not have social media at all.

• True, but almost unbelievable in the Western world. Simply because generally speaking people who know they're attractive love the affirmation they get for it. Online and offline.

• @Remonster
      I agree. We're both correct.

• You really are very cute! So forget the world, love yourself!! The world sucks, social media the most. So never think about them! 😜😃

• Getting many likes is more about putting something out there that gets popular and shared. If you have a bazillion Facebook friends this may happen more quickly, or not. But no matter how many likes you get, don't base your self-worth around them. It's useless!

• Don't base your self worth on the opinions of strangers. "Likes" on social media really mean dick in the grand scheme of life.

• I could honestly give two shits about what a stranger I don't even know on social media thinks of me. Kids these days need to take things with a grain of salt.

• Thank you lol you seem like a nice person too. You are right. It was just a silly question. I realize that likes don't really mean much in the long-run.
      thanks for your input

• Hell yeah, any time

• Absolutely. I know an absolutely gorgeous girl who's on both Facebook and instagram and she doesn't get many likes on her pictures. I think it may all be about popularity.

• You might be pretty but maybe not sexy lookin. Most guys like seeing a little skin sweety sorry.

• You are Cute but not Sexy hahaha guys you know

• lmaooooo from what I've seen you don't have to be sexy to get likes..
      you DO have to be popular though.
      I've realized it's just a popularity contest

• Whats your ig ill get you some likes lol

• LOL I don't even have an IG tbh

• This posses me off at least Your attractive, try living without a girl ever reciprocating your feelings. I'm ugly and not talented lol

• I'm sure you have at LEAST ONE talent!!! And you will find a girl who likes you back eventually i promise

• Yeah I know a girl who is pretty, but doesn't have a lot of friends and is not popular.

• show me a hot chick and ill show yo a guy whos bored of her

• Yeah, you can. If you are shy this is especially true.

• I don't hit like on woman because my friends will see that I liked it

What Girls Said 15

• Definitely. Usually the people I see who get the most "likes" on selfies, are also the same people who get the most likes on like... a picture of their lunch tray. It's more about social media popularity. These people typically have a ton of friends on there, whether they know them much or not in real life. They also tend to "like" and "favorite" everyone else's stuff all the time. When people see you liking their stuff a lot, particularly a girl, they'll start liking back.

As far as the guys go, the guys below have said it best. If they don't know you well, they feel it would be weird to stalk your pictures like that. Some guys will do it anyway, but they'd probably start doing it more if you liked their stuff and what not.

It's social media popularity, not necessarily actual looks.

• people that have a lot of likes, is not all the time because of how good looking they are, but rather of how much they are "liked" as in.. do you know many people? popularity in the family, with friends, with people on the internet etc... gets you most likes, not just looking pretty. :]! I know many people who are not even "that" pretty "physically" but have an awesome personality and they look okay... so a lot of people like them as a person and give them likes.. thus getting more likes than the next best looking person.

• Im not very popular and its cause im shy so ya

• What the fuck does people liking your selfies have to do with you being attractive or not? It is not like you are doing anything interesting/funny in your selfies. Besides people that have you on fb probably see your face often enough to not have to like every pic of you.

When the hell did people become so dependent on social media to validate their existence or attractiveness?

You do realize in the past people didn't have Internet and they did just fine not receiving validation through electronic means.

• woah, chill

• Yeah. You have a point in what you said. Idunno, I mean IKNOW that I shouldn't care...

• Best answer. Put value in what you do in life. Put value in your hard work, morals and how you treat people. Put value in your humour and your hobbies.

• I can't wait for social media to no longer exist

• Don't put your value on likes. Damn near naked pics get the most likes and you don't want to have to do that so don't worry about it. Don't depend on stupid stuff like comments or likes because what what you have to worry bout if social media did not exist? Where would you want your validation to come from

• yes you can plus social media's are kind of dumb if your just wanting to people to press like on all your stuff. I used to do selfies before that word really took off. SO by the time people made that word I had stopped caring about doing social media's. Besides camera's are evil :D

• I've seen some very pretty girls with like 4 likes on their photos and some unattractive girls with hundreds of likes. It's all about popularity. I also notice that a lot of girls are threatened by beautiful women and they won't like your photo simply because they're being haters. I stopped letting the amount of likes get to me.

• Yep i know realize it's popularity

• I used to do that a lot when I was younger on Facbeook, I would depend on people to like my pictures and I would let that decide how pretty I was. I don't do that anymore because it just ruin my confidence. Don't depend on people so much to like your pictures and stuff, its not worth it. Who cares what other people think of your beauty. If you know you are pretty/beautiful. Work with what you have. If you have it flaunt it, that's all I have to say.

• Likes have nothing to do with if you're attractive or not. I've seen the ugliest people get over a hundred likes so... It's not that serious

• Meh I keep my pictures up on Facebook whether or not they get likes or not. If I like my picture, I'll keep it up. :p

• You shouldn't perceive yourself by how you assume the world sees you. Whether or not you get likes or favorites isn't really that big of a deal. If I scroll and pass something that I like, I don't click like because don't feel like it's that important to wave a big friggin' flag over your head that says you like something. I hope that makes sense? lol

• Yes it's possible... do you have a lot of followers?

Well even if you do its still possible.

• YES! Apparently I'm pretty enough to get guys three times my age but my social media is a ghost town. ... Not even my friends like my stuff. -sadface-

• Sweety, it's a popularity contest, not a beauty pageant.

• The most "popular" people at my school are such assholes i really don't get it

• Just how life is! :)

• You are right

• You're really not that pretty