Guys don't hit on me or approach me, could it be because of my looks?

rate me honestly from 1 to 10

• 1-2
  • 2-4
  • 4-6
  • 6-8
  • 8-10
i think im average basically and thats what most people think. I'll try to put up a pic that you can see me better.
wow most people think im a 4. I thought i was average, guess i was wrong. I do smile if im around other people but if i'm alone i don't really smile that much!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're a beautiful girl. You have beautiful blue eyes and I know people have been saying you need makeup but I don't agree. If you want a slight bit of mascara and some lip gloss or Chapstick sure. But I think you should be comfortable in your skin. You don't need eye shadow. Just make sure you're dressing nice and that your hair looks nice. I think maybe you're holding yourself in a way that might not be approachable. As an introvert, I understand its hard. Just be mindful that you're giving off a pleasant vibe in public. You can say "hi" with a smile if you make eye contact with a guy you think is attractive. That often tends to be enough of a clue that you're interested and they'll try to talk to you. Just try your best to be open.

• Thank you! I really dont know if i look approachable or not but i do smile and im nice to everyone. If a guy or anyone talks to me i'd have no problem chatting but i could never start a conversation!

What Guys Said 18

• Okay. I am older but I will try to give you an impression from when I was younger. You have "hidden" beauty. Things that caught my eye right away were your hair color and length. LOVE IT! It is gorgeous and I would love to be with you just for that alone.

Face. It has a basic structure that is nice, but in today's world, nice is nothing on women. To rate the big numbers you will need to learn some more about make up. I am no expert, but I bet if you found someone to help youi find your "style", I bet you would knock the guys dead with your looks. I rated you 6-8 based on how you are in the picture. If you had better make up on I would probably rate you a 10. I am not being shallow. I know that when you finally get with someone you are going to be seeing them often at their worst. But to get out there and get their attention in the first place, you need something to wow them and that is make up. Hope this helsps

• Just be yourself and someone will see your inner beauty as well as outer. For me looks is not what drives me to ask someone out. It's how she carries herself and her personality. That said you are beautiful. Actually based your pictures your the type of girl I'd go for. Good luck hope you find great guy.

• but... i can't see your pic... ahhhh

• You know how difficult it is inherently for a guy to muster up the confidence to approach a woman?

You know why guys don't approach you? The same exact reason why you don't approach guys.

• yea but i see guys hitting on other girls all the time so it makes me wonder.

• Trust me your looks aren't the problem, the average guy would love to be with you, assuming you aren't a cazy bitch or something.

• No im not crazy! but im not outgoing so i guess that could be a reason.

• see i dont even get hit on at bars etc. It doesn't matter where i go, guys dont approach.

• I know it might be scary, but why don't you approach? i rarely approach girls i don't know, i use mutual friends and ease into it.

• Dafuq is the pic?

• Don't worry, you're beautiful, but that can make it hard for words to follow sometimes

• You're a 10 - even though I can't see a picture of you.

• nah its not your looks you look pretty but a lot of guys are shy thats what i think lol

• I think it is just bad luck and has nothing to do with your looks

• u is max 4, if not 3. not above sry

• Wheres the pic at

• Maye Karma from your past life

• 10 on 10, You're Beautiful :-)

• Why in the world would you post something like this, only to then take your photo down, once you selected best answer
    #thesequestions

• this question is 15 days old.

• You allowed them? And two weeks ago was when the question was asked, you idiot

• wow you really don't understand English haha. If you have a problem with my question i really couldn't care less, its my picture so i can do what i want. idiot.

• Here is how I operate and how many others that aren't afraid to approach women do. When we walk into the room we look to see who is the most attractive woman there. That's who we will likely approach. If in the meantime we notice a woman that stands out and catches our interest we will change course and approach her instead.

Logic being that if you are going to put yourself out there you go for A. The most attractive or B. The one who stood out and caught your interest.

So if you're not the best looking girl in the room and you aren't outgoing at all, you have an extremely small chance of being approached. That does NOT mean you are unattractive to all guys or even the guys that didn't approach you. It means you didn't stand out in any particular way of interest to them.

• So im basically never going to get approached? i know people say i should be outgoing to attract a guy but thats not my personality, i've tried to be more outgoing but its just draining.

• You have to DO something to let them know you're not just another girl. Like I am really into smart women, so if in a classroom setting she says something very intelligent, I will almost definitely approach her over any of the other women I might have been considering.

Or for instance recently I was at a party and was likely going to approach one girl. Then this other girl showed up and could REALLY dance. She just had major moves. For me that immediately put her at the top.

If you want somebody to approach you, you have to ask why would they? Why should they approach you over somebody else?

• You look attractive to me so I don't think it's your looks. Some women don't give off a vibe that says approach me. They are not "warm" if that makes sense. Be sure you smile and make eye contact with guys you would like to approach you.

Also keep in mind that as guys we are all painfully conscious of this attitude among women... www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1337524-i-get-hit-on-by-unattractive-guys-there-are-average-ones-but-they

So we are often reluctant to approach a woman even if we want to. If you do just a little to give a guy confidence to approach you, that can go a long way. Eye contact and a smile are huge.

• How could i make myself more approachable? I'm generally an introvert so im not the outgoing type.

• I actually have no problem making eye contact with anyone and i do smile generally so im kind of confused.

• Well since I don't know you and your personal situation I can't make an educated guess beyond that. I would just say to try to put yourself in the shoes of guys and ask yourself what would make you feel more comfortable and confident approaching someone, then try to facilitate that.

• You're beautiful and so you may intimidate a lot of guys.

You wouldn't intimidate me though, I'd ask you out if I liked you based on our interactions.

What Girls Said 5

• It all depends on your aura and how you dress more than how pretty you are!

Also, why wait for guys to approach you? I go up to men I fancy all the time. We shouldn't have to sit by the side when we can get the guy that caught our eye.

• If you want honesty, you aren't beautiful.
    I would say 1/2 out of 10. Looks draw a guy in but personality keeps them. So as long as your fun an not too much of an introvert you will find a guy one day.

• What a biatcho

• when I see someone with this kind of bitterness and nastiness, i have to wonder what her problem is. does no one like you so you try to drag others down to your level of misery? what?

• Its just my opinion get over it and quit acting like some psychologist. One thing i despise about this site when i say my view people act butthurt over it. Get a grip
      @backdoorman

• I Think you're pretty. Maybe smile more?

• That expression is so lifeless as if someone painted eyes on a mannequin.
    The features are pretty could use a bit of color and life

• yea i do smile a lot if im with other people otherwise i dont. By colour do you mean makeup or?

• This one is much better. Your pretty

• Girl... with makeup clothes and smiling will make u a 10!

• um i am wearing makeup!

• i have a pic with more makeup, does that look better or worse?

• Better! But smile too! Haha