Is 150lbs too skinny for a 5'11 guy?

I have been working out hard for the past 13 months. I have always been sick and tired of being called skinny, and honestly have felt like less of a man because of this. So I decided to do something about it, and have gone from 120lbs to 150lbs. I have also increased my bench press from around 110lbs to 185lbs. I feel like I get some respect from guys now, but still get called skinny by girls. I'm only 18 so hopefully I'll fill out a little more as I get older. Anyways, do you think 150lbs is too skinny for a guy? My profile pic shows my before and current body pics. Is 150 and toned still too small?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys who love to lift will say you should be like 225 or something, I don't know.

Weight isn't a great measure. I drop down to 165ish to box. When i lose weight, women tell me 'don't lose too much weight!'. When i lose the weight, they think I look better. 150 lbs and ripped looks bigger than 180 and soft. Most guys your height are heavier than you but it's fat. If they got lean, they'd be as slim or slimmer than you.

You're not skinny, you're just not fat.

If you want to get bigger and can, go for it, but I'm not sure it will help much with girls. You're in the range where it's personal taste whether they like leaner or bulkier.

What Girls Said 5

• My ex husband was 6 feet and his weight was usually around 150. He did get up to around 165 once but then went back down to 150 mark. He didn't look too skinny, he had ab's and some muscle. So no, it's not too skinny.

• No, you're just right.

• No I think it's perfect :))

• No, your perfect the way you are. :)

• Your body looks perfect

What Guys Said 7

• I am also 5'11 and I weight ~165 lbs. i am not fat but am a farm boy so I'm pretty muscular. I'd say 150 is not too small but you just have more wiggle room before you're fat

• i am 6ft and weigh 172lb... 1 year ago i was 150lb
    so yeah you are skinny, but i bet your legs are the skinniest part of your body,
    Deadlift, squat, and eat, eat a lot, try getting 3000+ calories a day
    before squatting/deadlifting i was stuck at 160 over a 3-4 month of squatting and deadlifting regularly, my torso, and legs got way thicker, and heavier, i am still on this program, and hopefully by may i will be at 185-190

• That's excellent. Keep it around that.

• your BMI is ~21 so you are normal

• I was 155lbs and 6'2" through high school. I'd rather be skinny than fat, and you've done a great job building muscle there!

• I go between 160-180 and I'm 6'4. Work a tough labour job but still dont gain much haha.

• I dont eat at all during the day and eat 5 horses when I get home, just eat a shit ton throughout the day and have some good powder I guess.

• bulk up to 180