Do you think the 'rate me on 10' questions are unethical?

I just love answering the rate me questions. But I was thinking maybe its a bit unethical to rate someone on their physical attractiveness.

• no its not. they ask for it themselves.
  • yea maybe
  • potato
  • yea I think it is unethical

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people who rate themselves or ask others to rate them have self-esteem issues and they don't like themselves. A person's worth should not be associated with number, yet so many people do it...
    It is... tristful, isn't it?

What Guys Said 12

• if its a minor sure. I mean come on they are still growing & developing. they should ask when they aren't so prone to change lol, otherwise they'll be asking a shitload of times.

actually I don't know if unethical is the right word, for me its just fucking retarded sometimes.

• What if telling them that they are ugly does nothing but shatter their confidence

• im just going with the general answer. for most they will have an easy time, for the unfortunate, it must be hard to be on their end of the rope but there is more to life than vanity and superficiality.

• "There is more to life than vanity and superficiality" exactly :)

• It's like baking some cookies and then giving out free samples to people to see if they like it.

You want honest opinions fron the testers before the REAL DEAL happens.

• it's not... we rate others for fun mostly ;-)

• No I mean everyone has their own scale system and definition of beauty, but people shouldn't ask rate me questions like all the time 2-3 times is enough.

• It's ethical to answer, as long as you answer honestly.

• No I rate on looks -1or2 chatting with that person my number might go up or down more getting to them

• It's not unethical, but seeking approval from complete strangers is pretty pathetic.

• Not really

• the folks who give their so called ratings are more unethical in my opinion

• They ask for it, just like I did LOL

• Ok I give you a 6 rank lol

• I don't care, I like objectifying people.

What Girls Said 3

• First of they ask for and two who cares. The truth is some people are new attractive than others, sorry but that's just an honest fact. And I I ask you it's okay to tell because I asked. If I didn't then please don't say anything but if Ido I get what's coming.

• What if telling them that they are unattractive does nothing but make them feel bad

• Once again they asked. And there's a difference between being rude and just stating your opinion. I might see a girl on rate and though she's not what I consider beautiful, I can still see she's pretty to I give her a 7. Being rude is her not being my type and commenting "look at this ugly mother fucker, I was almost blinded by your ugliness 0/10" see that's being rude.

• Nah, I don't know. I just find it weird to put a number on a person.

• Potato.

No, they're the ones asking.