Are you actually more pretty then you think?

So I've heard online that people think they are 10x uglier then they really are. Then I also heard we think we are 10x prettier then we actually are. If that was the case, I'd be really ugly. Cx. So which one do you think it is?

• 10x prettier then we think we are
  • 10x uglier then we think we are
  • Other
Thanks for all the answers guys! (:

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on how you see yourself.

Someone who is arrogant will think they are the most beautiful person in the world. Also someone who only sees value in there beauty will think they are super beautiful until someone says otherwise and they will lash out at them and then hate themselves.

Pretty much everyone else though will think they are uglier then they actually are.

What Guys Said 7

• There was a study where people were asked to rate themselves. After that, they were all gathered in a room and had to find a partner of the opposite gender for some activity. For the most part, the people automatically paired themselves with someone who rated themselves the same, because I guess subconsciously you know who is in your league.

• I heard it's the other way around, you see yourself as more attractive than you actually are. I dread that thought since I hate how I look, so being worse than that is just depressing...

• Well i am one of the most handsome men on here, that's a fact... but i guess it doesn't really matter what i would think about myself...
    see, if i was ten times as ugly as i am now, I'd still be handsome. and if i was ten times prettier... I'd still be handsome.

but i do really think that people shouldn't think negatively about themselves. what's the point, right?

• All the experiments I have seen suggest the opposite. faculty.chicagobooth.edu/.../EpleyWhitchurch.pdf

People, on average, think they are more attractive than they actually are. Not just more attractive, but better at everything.

Most people for a long time have shown in surveys that they think they are "above average", which is a statistical impossibility.

• i believe i'm as pretty as i thnk

• i think i´m pretty damn ugly ^^ but i was told that i look better in person than on pics so i guess that´s something.

• I don't know, ugly... maybe...
    what do u think?

What Girls Said 6

• Nah, I'm just adorable :D I think people with poor self-esteem think they Are 10x ugly and people that have an over inflated since of confidence think they are 10x prettier.

• Depends on the person. Some people overestimate and others underestimate. Unfortunately we'll never know cause people are rarely honest. But, I truly believe I'm average. In reality we're almost all average.

• I think I'm generally self aware. I know my good traits and I'm also painfully aware of my bad traits and neurotically try to hide them.

It all depends if im in or out of my element. That goes for intelligence and personality too I'd say

• i don't know if i'm prettier than i think id have to ask a bunch of people and everyone has a different opinion some may say i'm stunning others would say i'm average and some would say i'm an abomination/hideous

• I think people see themselves as hotter than they actually are.

• Some people think they're hot when they aren't, some think they're ugly when they're hot.