Are girls picky on good looking guys?

I'm in high school and there are a couple of girls I want to ask out.. I have glasses and work out in the weight room everyday.. I'm just scared to ask one out cause my fears of a girl saying I'm not good looking or something like that

Most Helpful Girl

• Good looks don't matter, but for some it's a bonus. I prefer quality over anything else. I don't mind if you wear glasses, don't work out or work out, if you play video games or read books. In my opinion, as long as you are yourself, you've got me hooked. There's nothing I like more than an honest person who wants me for me, and not for what I do, how I look, or how much money I make. From what I know you sound like my BF before he started dating me. He was so afraid I was going to say no, but he is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. For all you know, one of these girls could be your wife! Be confident and ask one of them because you never know unless you try :) one of them might even be wanting you to ask her ;)

What Girls Said 25

• First come lust, then comes love. First impressions are mainly based off of looks. However, if you don't think u are good looking, the best way to get girls would just take a little more time. As long as u have an amazing, caring, funny personality, then just start flirting with the girls u like and hanging out with them, first in group situations, and then working your way to just going out together. Let them get to know you and you get to know them. Just don't get stuck in the friend zone. Besides, the best relationships are the ones that started out as friendships.

• Girls might think you are good looking even if you don't perceive yourself to be good looking. Don't put yourself down.

• Every single person has a different opinion on what is "good looking." no matter what, you are good looking to someone. It's all about perspective. Most girls don't care much about looks anyways, as long as you are clean and take care of yourself. Just be kind and respectful and confident in yourself and don't be bitter if someone rejects you, it doesn't mean you're ugly, not at all.

• there are soooo many sexy guys with glasses. so don't be insecure about that. and all girls have different taste, so you should always be confident. either you approach them and they like you, or they don't and that's it. so you may as well give it a try !! if you work out a lot you probably have a nice body so at least you have that going for you!!

• Don't worry so much! It's all in the way you carry yourself, and I'm sure you look fine. However, it does depend on the person - everyone is different, and remember that girls' choices are subjective and one person's answer can't dictate all girls' opinions on you.

• Noooo! Most girls don't really care about looks, as long as you take care of yourself and attempt to be appealing. If you have a great personality that's what counts! And if a girl turns you down for your looks, she's not worth it! She's superficial, and you want somebody who really cares about YOU! Not the type of pants you wear, or for your abs. Cause that is just fake

• Honestly, a good looking guy will catch my eye, my attention and maybe even the time of my day. Maybe flirt a little, etc. But if his personality is shit then he becomes unattractive in my eyes and I lose my interest completely.. and if there's an average/cute guy with the best personality, he automatically becomes good looking in my eyes. So no, looks aren't everything for girls.

• I've never been picky with looks on a guy. Like doodlegirl said any girl that would say anything about your looks is superficial and you definitely don't want to be with a girl like that because most of the time those types are just insecure with themselves.
    Ask them out, the worst they can say is no. Don't fear what they say, don't let words hurt you. For every girl that turns you down there are many more who would love to be with you. Keep your options open :)

• looks are the most important thing to a lot of guys, i want to be with a girl who places looks very high on her list

• Well then i hope you look like brad pitt

• Yes, girls are very picky about good looking guys. But no worries. My bf wears glasses too. He looks hot wearing glasses, though. My bf is also a computer nerd, walks like a duck (which I find totally cute) and at first glance isn't the best looking guy. But he makes me laugh, so he's a keeper.
    Looks aren't everything though. It's only part of it. The way you look is what catches our eye, the way act is what makes us stay.

• I was not attracted to my boyfriend when I first met him. I got to know his personality and now I think no other man could possibly compare. We started dating when I was 18 and now I'm 21. A girl will not like you if it's obvious your intentions are to only date her.

• Although I know a multitude of different girls who would disagree, I personally seek out personality first, then I always manage to pick out adorable things in a guy I like. (Even if they weren't the prettiest flower in the field.) Granted, I'm sure there are a lot of girls who would agree with me, as well.

• Good looking is subjective to everyone. I find nerdy/dorky looking guys to be sexually attractive but I know majority of girls wouldn't think the same. My friend disagrees with me, the best compliment she's given is "they're decent." I'm in the minority but I like what I like. Personality matters more obviously

• If a girl tell you something like that she doesn't deserve you anyway ! Girls are picky , yes , but if you show her your worth she may fall in love with you. For example at first i didn't like my boyfriend but he was sooo nice with me that i fell deeply in love with him. The way you look matters , but what matters more than looks is confidence !

• Personal experience bud,
    BE YOU. You're young. And I bet there's a lot of girls who don't mind looking at you.
    If she's not feeling it, brush it off. Love yourself. Be confident in who you are.
    I bet you'll be just fine:)
    Normal girls like confident, kind men

• A lot of girls base their first impression on looks, you should try being their best friend and hange out and you'll get the vibe if they like you back, and if they do then take the chance but remember you in high school, so if it doesn't work out you've got university time to find someone (which is where most people find their partners) and honestly anyone can learn to love anyone no matter what they look like, it's what's on the onse that has to match xx

• A girl who judges you by your appearance is not a girl you want anyway. That just screams materalistic. Obviously hygiene is important but you said you're working out so you should be fine. And honestly glasses are the new sexy, but even without it own it. There are plenty of guys who can pull of glasses with confidence and look fine as heck so own it and go get her!

• From what I know girls are more interested in personality and character than looks. Of course first impressions are important but just as long as you come across as confident and have a friendly approach, from a girls perspective, I think that should be more than enough. Although I have a feeling that you're quite attractive as you're into training and keeping fit.

Good luck!! :)

• To me its personality, I love funny guys who can make me laugh I don't care what he looks like as long as he's sweet and has an kick butt sense of humor, that's always an green light for me

• Come up with a good/fun date so she can't say no lol be confident! Females can tell when you're confident or not and are more attracted to the confidence.

• Honestly it's all personality. Don't have a crappy attitude and you will do great:)

• If a guy has a good personality and heart I don't care. Don't change yourself for a girl. If you have to change yourself for her she isn't worth it

• They could just be intimidated.. you never know until you try. Just know that everyone is attractive just gotta search for that one that finds you just as attractive :)

• Confidence is attractive 👌

• You should ask to find out

• Just be very clear about her nature... If she is humble , she would never take you for granted. Either she'll say yes or she'll be friends with you thereafter :')

What Guys Said 4

• No girl makes you better or worse but yourself. If a girl or girls tell you tomorrow your not good looking then its their lost! You know who you are, what you do, what you dont do, how you treat people and how you really are in general. At the end of the day if every single girl said yes so be it, if every single girl said no... well either way so be it. A girl does not define you, you do that yourself. Having a girl is just extra... your young, its alright to be scared because it normal. One things for sure never doubt yourself, and always believe in yourself because in life... girls come and go, but you will always have you. Good luck with everything go get them man!

• You play WoW?
    Yeah girls and guys are driven by looks initially, it really depends. You find some cute/shy girl and she may be more into dating because she's not very outgoing.

Either way if you're in a big school you have nothing to lose, even if 4 said no, the 1 makes it worth it. I'm sure you're fine, hit the gym beforehand and get the confidence flowing.

• don't be scared... if you don't ask any girl out... then you'll never know :-P

• Bro, 9 times out of 10 a girl is never going to tell you "you're not good looking enough, sorry." Most of the time they'll actually try to be very nice, and let you down easy (unless she's some sort of thunder cunt). Also if you work out in the weight room and have a decent looking body, I'm pretty sure she is already going to be attracted to you (I. e. like you) so I wouldn't really worry about anything and just go for it dude!