Is my body curvy, straight or in between?

Hi everybody,
First please let me notify you that my intention is not to seek attention. Am I very insecure? Yes definitely, but it's about my perception and my issue is solely based on shape, because regardless of opinion as to whether it's pretty or ugly, it's figure still remains the same. I asked about this in the past but awhile ago I had to abruptly delete my account due to too much stress and lack of time, so in result, the GAG administrators chose MHO for a lot of my questions. I apologize to the GAGers who I didn't get back to and I want to thank and apologize to the few GAGers who tried to help me with this issue too, your answers were very meaningful to me but the reason why I'm asking again is because the problem is now getting worse than ever and my therapy for my disorder isn't helping at all. More and more people are going out of their way without me asking, to tell me that I don't have any curves and I believe them, because in my mind it's reassurance for me that I'm not delusional. I noticed that many men say it especially, so now I get even more weary believing women who say that I am curvy. Is it really true, that men and women have completely different ideas when it comes curves? Would my question regarding my shape be more appropriate to ask in the "How Do I Look?" category instead of this one? Thank you in advance.

www.flickr.com/photos/127231760@N05/16163481787/

In all sincerity, I want to thank you all very much for taking the time to help resolve this serious issue of mine. All your replies contributed to helping me be less ignorant to perception of shapes & also to actually trust that my family are not liars. Honestly, for 2 years I've caused a tremendous amount of stressful hostility on my relatives so we're deeply grateful. You all & the few GAGers in the past who went our of their way to help have contributed to give us hope. God Bless you all<3

Most Helpful Guy

• Made a little visual for you
    http://tinypic.com/r/2nb7swn/8

• Wow! Honestly, I'm very grateful that you took the time to make this, you're very caring. I'll admit that it definitely threw me off completely, I actually saw myself as being inbetween instead of just straight. You didn't just help me you also helped prove my family's point too! When they saw this they literally thanked Jesus right there and asked him to bless your heart. Thank you so much for helping me trust what my family constantly tries to visually show me in real life, I really appreciate your kindness and generosity, God bless you. <3

• Im happy this helped and I thank your family. I couldnt even imagine what you are going through as far as your 'disorder' So I dont want to say 'dont listen to them, you have a great body'... sometimes a picture helps though. I wish you the best. Dress for your body type because you can rock it!

• Thank you very much for your consideration, compassion and gratitude towards us, we're all truly grateful, all the best to you in return :)

What Guys Said 18

• Part of the problem here is word usage.

You are curvy (adjective) in the sense that you have an hourglass figure. That is the way some men and all women are thinking of you.

But you are not 'a Curvy' (noun; category label). Men doing image searches on the internet for pictures of women (clothed or naked) fitting into the Curvy body type would expect to find someone weighing 25 lbs to 50 lbs more than you appear to weigh in your picture. They (I) would regard you as not being a Curvy.

It is possible to both be curvy and not be a Curvy as your pictures show.

I hope that helps.

• I'm very thankful for your thorough explanation, it's definitely humbling and yes it was also very meaningful, thank you. :)

• I am happy to know that you found value in what I had to say. Thank you for your kind words. Good luck to you as you work through your therapy.

• No problem and thank you very much for your consideration, you're very kind yourself. God Bless :)

• I changed it to "how do I look", that's indeed where it belongs (when the category was created, guideline for moderators was that questions on looks really belonged there).
    I's describe you look as closer to "skinny" than to straight.
    Your looks are more than okay though, you could wear about everything and look pretty.

• I'm very grateful for your help for putting my question in the correct category along with explaining why you did, it really helps a lot and your feedback plus compliment is certainly appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

• You're welcome, take care!

• You are very skinny around your waist. You got a curvy body because most of it is even but suddenly it gets very skinny around the waist.

• Honestly my disorder makes it very hard for me to notice this but thanks a lot for your help. :)

• it's a hourglass figure... and you're on the skinnier side it seems

• Thanks a lot for helping, although I don't see myself as an hourglass I can admit that I am unwillingly underweight by quite a bit. :)

• Curvy? Yes, thats great, but you're a little skinny for my own liking.

Curvy girls can have a little more weight and look awesome with 'a bit of meat on them'. To guys at least. But of course most girls want that super skinny look, unfortunately :/

media's fault I guess...

• Thank you for helping and being direct along with mentioning the media's influence, but honestly the reason why I'm so skinny is due to stress from 2 years ago. I've been trying to gain weight but it's been very hard. :)

• Well, good luck :)
      Whatever happens, I hope you're happy in the end :)

• Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. God Bless :)

• It's curvy skinny, if that makes sense.

I can see the curves (hips) but in one of the pics, but in the bottom left pic I can definitely see that you're skinny.

That being said, you're a little too skinny for ME, keyword ME

But damn dem hips :)

• Thanks a lot for helping, I really appreciate it and even though I'm having trouble agreeing with you about my shape, I do notice that I'm underweight by quite a bit. :)

• I dated a girl once with the same body type as yours. It's sexy trust me, slim very curvy and your actually lucky you have that shape

Thin girls can look straight sometimes but you got curves, clearly. And that's always really attractive

• Although my view of myself contrasts with yours, I'm very thankful, thanks a lot. :)

• Yes I can see why, sometimes looking at yourself you see it differently

Of course gaining some weight won't hurt. But it's always where a person Gains the weight that counts. You seem like you'll gain it in the right spots. So if you do gain, your going to look better

I think an extra 10-15 pounds max but by no means you look bad because your saving grace is your curves

Kinda see what I mean?

• Thank you for replying, Yes I definitely get what you mean. By you telling me about people's view of themselves vs what others, the help in gaining weight along with where it distributes being a factor leaves me grateful. The problem is that I'm just having a difficult time dealing with everything you said because of three reasons.
      1. My disorder, which distorts reality and/ or exaggerates it, to the point of obsession.
      2. My fear of my weight not mostly distributing to my hips because they're so narrow.
      3. I've been trying to get back to my healthy weight for 2 years now and it's still not working, which makes things worse regardless.
      Thanks again though, it really helps :)

• Its straight your skinny.

• Thanks a lot for your help, it feels good to know that I'm not the only one who sees my body as being shaped straight. :)

• There are different shapes when there is curvy yes those celebs you mentioned are curvy.

• Alright thanks again for your help and don't worry, I won't bother you any further :)

• you are pretty curvy but it seems like you´re wearing a corsage.

• Thank you for helping but honestly no I'm not wearing a corsage at all. In fact, I desperately want to buy one and but my family keep badgering me not to because they say that I don't need one and they're worried about the danger it can do to my organs along with the possibility of fracturing my ribs. One of my siblings strongly suggests I shouldn't because she believes that if I do, I will become even more insecure and worsen my disorder out of striving to constantly decrease my waist size. Yet two of my relatives say that I should buy one to look more feminine along with wearing padded girdles :)

• :D no problem i do it all the time too ^^

• That's exactly what it feels like, and thanks for not making me feel worse. Overall, I'm grateful for your help, thanks a lot. :)

• Your curvy. And kinda have a hott body.

• Although I can't see this, I really appreciate the compliment, thank you. :)

• Your body is very nice

• I really appreciate your compliment even though I'm having a difficult time believing it but is it okay if I ask you what shape you see it as? :)

• Its hour glass shaped

• As hard as it is for me to see this, I'm very thankful for your help. :)

• I think you have an amazing body structure, slim and curvy.. very nice :)

• As hard as it will be for me to believe it, I'm very appreciative of your compliment, thank you. :)

• Definitely curvy

• I find that very hard to agree with but thank you for your help. :)

• Hour Glass I would say.

• Its very hard to believe but thanks a lot for your help. :)

• Thank you. :)

• Your welcome

• It's whatever...

• Thanks a lot but what shape do you see it as? :)

• It's cool

• Thanks :)

• Damn your body is actually sexy

• Thanks a lot but what shape do you you see it as? :)

• Get a dietician and a trainer.

• Thanks again :)

• You got my attention

• Thanks a lot, but what shape do you see it as? :)

• As others have said, skinny yet curvy... the kind of curvy we actually want to see

• Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it. :)

• Skinny but curvy

• What he said ^

• Thanks a lot for your help you two, I wish I could see myself this way. :)

What Girls Said 19

• Your waist definitely gives you that hourglass look, but you're still very slim too.

• Thanks a lot for helping, although I can't see myself as being shaped like this, I will keep trying to gain more weight. :)

• Skinny hourglass. Perfect.

• Although I don't see myself this way, I really appreciate the compliment, thanks a lot. :)

• Your waist is quite noticeably thinner than your hips and rib cage, and thus you are "curvy", because your torso literally curves in for your waist. But you are also very skinny. In any case, you are beautiful, and would still be beautiful if you gained some weight. :)

• I'm very grateful for your warm and insightful words, You're so kind and very beautiful yourself. I'm trying hard to gain weight but it's so difficult, really I hope that it can solve how I see myself. Thanks a lot for your help. :)

• I can relate to your struggle to a degree. I was anorexic for several years of my life, and when I was most critically underweight is when I hated my body the most, is when I was SURE I was disgustingly fat.
      You will overcome this and you will see yourself as beautiful someday, hang in there dear :)

• Thanks a lot for replying, thats definitely quite relatable. That's awfully horrible to hear but also inspiring at the same time that you overcame it. Thank you very much for sharing this with me, it gives me so much encouragement. Thanks again and God Bless. <3

• Out of those, Curvy. But curvy to me is kinda big boobs, small waist, big butt.
    I see hourglass figure. Me jelly.

• Thanks a lot for your help, I don't see myself that way, I'm sure you're beautiful yourself. In fact, I strongly agree with your description when I think curvy too, like extreme proportions as in Kim Kardashian's body. :)

• I debated with myself when writing my opinion whether or not to make reference to Kim Kardashian. I'm glad you brought her up as she manifests the archetypal example of the Curvy body type.

• @grey_sailor Yes she does and I can see why you wanted to mention her, women like herself is what I wish I looked like so I guess that's why I hate myself so much. Also I have always been obsessed with drawing women that had those types of proportions since I was in grade school. Thanks for chiming in :)

• Nice bust + lovely narrow waist + well defined hips = CURVES

• I'm really thankful for the compliment and equation. Laying it out like that really simplifies the definition, thank you :)

• Curvy but also straight. In between.

• I feel comfortable believing what you said more intently, because we have common ground on the straightness, thank you. :)

• Skinny hourglass! I wish i had some waist definition like you, but I have a more athletic body shape.

• Thanks a lot for helping and although I'm having trouble seeing what you see myself, I really hope that you know that you're very beautiful and that your shape is just as much so. Honestly, looking athletic is exquisitely stunning, so you hold your head up high and be proud! The variety of body shapes is a timeless example of what makes the world very beautiful. Trust me, my issue is only concerning the question of distortion but appreciating the diverseness in beauty is will and never be a problem for me. :)

• Sorry, *is and will never be*

• You are curvy.

• I wish I could see that but thank you for helping. :)

• You have a beautiful body, I understand how you feel though, my family thinks I have body dysmorphic disorder, I just don't see what others do I guess.

• Even after losing 50lbs it still looks the same to me

• Thankyou very much, good luck to you:-)

• No problem, thank you again and God Bless <3

• Very curvy but you're thin with it. Lovely body! 😍

• I'm very appreciative for your help and compliment even though I'm having trouble seeing it myself but thanks a lot. :)

• That's so unfair :-( I'm sorry you were made to feel like that. Everyone is unique and different, it's stupid making comparisons. Your body is beautiful :-)

• I'm really grateful for your compassion and kind words, it means a lot, thank you again. :)

• You're thin with a tiny waist.

• Thanks a lot for helping even if I can't see it, I'll try to along with gaining more weight. :)

• Skinny hourglass figure.

• Although I see the opposite I really appreciate your help, thanks a lot. :)

• Sorry "they're" humbling :)

• You're welcome ^_^

• You are skinny yet curvy aka the hourglass shape :)

• I'm having a tough time seeing it but I really appreciate your help, thank you. :)

• You have curves but you're also very slim. You have a lovely body x

• Thanks a lot for the compliment, I really appreciate even though I fail to see it myself. :)

• What the heck! You are obviously curvy! Your perfect, don't worry a bit!

• Thanks a lot for helping, I don't see myself as being either one but thank you. :)

• Your welcome! And trust me your super curvy!

• Thanks again :)

• You look great slim

• Thanks a lot for the compliment, though what shape do you see it as :)

• you are skinny with a healthy curve

• I really try to gain weight but I can't see my body as being shaped that way but thanks a lot for helping. :)

• That isn't curvy at all. It looks like you wear a waist cincher. No offense

• But let me say this. Your body is not fat. I actually like your body. So please don't worry about it.

• Really? Whoa, no kidding that is so ironic but cool. Thanks for sharing that :)

• No problem.

• skinny with genetically gifted curves

• Although It hard for me to see this, I really appreciate the compliment, thanks a lot. :)

• Awww, you're so nice! I wish I could be more gracious like you. Bye! :)

• Thanks a lot but you're very kind, you're not disgraceful at all. Take Care :)