I hate the way I look. How can you love yourself more?

I don't really need to be rated on how I look because the way other's see me has never mattered to me. Despite compliments, I hate the way I look. I think I look too manly, and I don't know how to love myself.

To answer the question of what makes me feel manly, many things. I think my face looks masculine and because of height, I have often been called a butch or manly. In high school I had a drama coach who would constantly comment on how masculine I look and even put me as a male part in one of my plays. I don't feel masculine, besides a few times that remind me of when I was ridiculed. It was a form of bullying that got ignored because it wasn't one of basic reasons for bullying like weight.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go into a private room, get completely naked and look at yourself in a full length mirror. Don't look at the flaws, the details, look at the whole picture, you as others see you. Then tell yourself how beautiful you are (even if you think it's a lie) and keep it positive you are attractive (absolutely no negative statements include "positive negative" such as "I'm not that bad" it's "I am good") Do this once a day until you start to believe yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• What part of your body makes you manly? At the end of the day, you just accept the fallacies that you see. If you stop worrying about it and focus on the good things about you, you will feel better about yourself.

• i assume you're tall and big...

i wanted to let you know that there are guys who like tall and big "butch" girls, instead of petite girly ones ;-)

• I'm tall, and I wouldn't say that I'm overweight, but I'm not taylor swift tall and skinny either I'm probably considered curvy even though I hate to use that term because it's so controversial on this site. I have yet to meet more than like 5 guys who have found me attractive.

What Girls Said 3

• You should just love yourself for who you are not what you look like, because looks eventually fade away.

And everyone is an ugly duckling at some point in their life? I don't really think anyone spends their life looking as ugly as they claim, I know plenty of girls that were once really overweight but after trying to get better looking over the years they got guys drooling over them.

• its about loving yourself not based on how you look but based on how well you can connect with others and get them to open their heart to you. you will always feel bad if your goal is thinner legs to be taller lose weight etc. it seems like reverse psychology but the only way to love yourself is to lower your expectations and try to connect more with others. you will learn more about yourself and start to value yourself for more than just your butt or your boobs but you start to view yourself as offering an open heart and kind word or a good sense of humor. you have a story and its important so i mean my advice is just to seek guidance from someone you admire and is older than you. that has helped me tre, endously with self love

• it takes time. i suggest seeing someone about it to understand where that feeling comes from. often times, it stems from your past and once u can figure out what that is, you can move forward and reexamine the way you see yourself.